Username Post: need title help and pp suggestion UPDATED at the bottom        (Topic#1515479)
angie girl
Diva
angie girl

Need a good title for this one...and a paper line suggestion, too. It's Dstepson headed out the door to school. I'm really liking the way it came out, though I did crop it some to take some of the dark part away from the bottom.

Sorry for forgetting to rotate the picture...

need title and paper help By Angie Girl

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 09-12-09 10:08 PM
In response to angie girl

Let's see, my favorites child's books is : "The places you'll go" (Dr Seuss), and LOVE that title!!! and pp how about something like this....

I'll be back with more ideas

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to naf

OOO, I love October Afternoon, but haven't bought any because I haven't had any lo's that it matches, as of yet. Maybe this will be my time!

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 09-13-09 03:18 AM

I like the suggestion above. Scenic Route has a lot of school-themed pp.
Products Referenced in This Post:

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to IzzyB

I really like the title suggestion above too, really fits the photo!

I love the Scenic Route school line too ... Appleton Collection I think. But I also love the October Afternoon stuff as well ... !! I don't think you could go wrong with either.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-13-09 05:03 AM
In response to peenut_23

I too love that title above. No suggestions on paper, as the best ones have also been suggested. Can't wait to see what you do!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to KimKV

I love the title as well...Beautiful thought. What about 3-4 colors of cardstock, cut into a template shape like the 4 sided bracket. A photo like that can handle just about anything from really busy to really plain. Let's see it when you're done too!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Abby0317

How about "uncropping" that dark space at the bottom (in other words leave all the black space on), and put a text box over the top of it with clear background (so the black shows through), then use white text to quote a few lines of the Oh the Places You'll Go poem right over the bottom part of the photo? Here's my LO with that title:
Oh the Places You'll Go By Dwelch

Veteran

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture was Towards a Bright Future or On To A Bright Future; and I like the suggestion of uncropping and journaling in the extra black space. Good Luck!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to SunnyAB

Unfortunately I couldn't get it "uncropped" because I saved over the original after I cropped it. Usually I do not do this, I must have been in a hurry! I took the Oh the Places You'll Go suggestion and added it on the side. I had to go with 8 pt font though, which I was kind of nervous about being able to have it printed clearly. It came out great though!!! Now I just have to do the lo.

BTW, I chose October Afternoon stuff, but their Night Light line. I wish I could find some embellies for it, though!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Looking forward to seeing the LO! It sounds so cool!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics