Username Post: Font Question/Thickers UPDATE: LO POSTED        (Topic#1515597)
angie girl
Diva
angie girl

So, I am almost done with a lo I've been working on forever, only to get stuck on what to use for the title...

So I want to use Thickers Brown Pajamas Felt for the first word of my title. Would it look funny to use the Thickers White Playroom Felt for the rest of the title (different font, different color too), or should I get Thickers White Pajamas Felt (stick with the same font, just change up the color)?

Thanks for the opinions. Usually I use the same font on a page...I've never mixed it up before, so I'm naturally nervous at the thought of doing so. My inexperience with mixing fonts is making me feel non-self-confident that it would all be fine.

I linked the items from the superstore to show you the fonts, of course the colors I would really use are stated in my question...

To throw in a monkeywrench, I would have to buy either one of the Pajamas or Playroom thickers that I mentioned above. I do have the Thickers Giftbox Chipboard letters. Would it look funny to mix felt and chipboard letters? I would of course paint the chipboard letters white. This would not only be a different font and diffent color, but it would be a different material as well.

AHHHH!!!! Thickers needs to not make such a huge assortment! Then the choice would be easy!

Edited by angie girl on 09-27-09 03:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to angie girl

I personally like the look of mix and match.....why not cut out the letters you need leaving the backing on them and lay them out on your page to see what it will look like. If you like it stick in down and if not guess you need to go shopping! lol!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

LMAO!!

Ok, mixing fonts and materials is okay! Just kind of play with them to see if you like it.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Manda_K

LOL, I know I'm nuts. DH reminds me everyday. KIDDING!

I also have a Cricut, but I only have like 4 font cartrides. If I had money for a new one, I'd be set. That isn't gonna happen right now.

*sigh* It is pretty much like trying a new technique...learning to mix and match. I get so nervous sometimes!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Mix it up! There was a thread not too long ago about this ... lemme see if I can find it!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

I can't find it - I searched through 18 pages of topics!

Just look through the gallery, you'll get lots of inspiration!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to peenut_23

Just another idea here if you don't like mixing the Thicker fonts/sizes/colors. There are many sites online for fonts (free) such as DaFont, Font Freak, etc. Go to one, download the "perfect" font for you and then type your title to print out. I usually outline the letters if I'm using Grungepaper, which can be painted, glittered, distressed, whatever. If you don't have grunge paper you can do this on cardstock, transparency, or patterned paper. Endless...

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

I love the look of the mixed up fonts and materials..it works for everyone else but I was afraid to do it. I understand how you feel as I struggled over doing that very thing on this layout. But I went ahead and did it. These are different colors and fonts and materials... I think as long as each color picks up a color from the layout it will work. Can we see it when you've finished.
That Silly Old Hat By Dollscrap

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

Really cute LO!!!

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Abby0317

I have such issues with thickers I LOVE them to death but I can barely get two titles out of ONE pack. So Ive been forced to mix n match..

Here are two I did that with
I love the nuts in my tree By Planty
Back 2 school By Planty

I like how they came out mixed like that. BUT while I was doing it I was not really happy.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to planty

Thanks for the showing me some example lo's, I really took inspiration from them.

I will post my lo after I finish it. I gotta get it done before Big Brother tonight!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

Here's the lo I was questioning the font on, as promised:

whoooo will be my teacher? By Angie Girl

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper

Yes - I love the different fonts you used!! Fabulous!

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to Castle Scrapper

Cute LO!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to livelovecreate86

OH I SAY MIX IT UP!! Step out of the box and you to can be as broke as a joke. As you can see many of us love mixing it up a bit here is one that I use several fonts.

What do U mean NO pink ones
By Creater1

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics