Page 1 of 238 
Username Post: JAFF (Just A Few Friends)        (Topic#1515743)
KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 03:07 AM

If you would like to join our little group please send a pm to our Founder. That's Kim. Thanks!!

JAFF (Just A Few Friends) is a group of “slow” scrappers, created by a slow scrapper. We are scrappers that are happy when we get 2 to 4 pages done a week. We are overjoyed if we get 6 pages done in a week and unbelievably thrilled with anything above that. And sometimes, we don't even get to scrap each week - gasp!! I know, it's just not fair.

Our Rules:

1. Have fun, share, visit and post your layouts whenever you get them done.
2. Try to check in at least three (3) times a week, even if it’s just a quick “Hi, how is everyone?”
3. Leave each other love on layouts. If anyone asks for help or a critique on a page, please either post that critique here or pm them. (Helping each other is what friends do.)
4. No challenges, if we (as a group) decide we want to have a monthly challenge or something, then we will.
5. No flooding the thread!! Unless of course you have this crazy burst of energy and/or time and get 30 layouts done all at once. I can’t speak for the other JAFF girls, but, that’s never going to happen with me!!

Okay, enough rules. Let’s have some fun!!

Members of JAFF

KimKV (Kim)
Jaxxan (Jill)
KristaDee (Krista)
gramary (Mary)
ZRock (Zandra)
Provinca (Anna)
Bonnie Jean
Iuplori (Lori)
Melissa

Edited by KimKV on 10-26-12 11:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 03:21 AM
In response to KimKV

I'm Kim, founder, so to speak, of this group. I am married to a totally wonderful man, 22 plus years now and we still hold hands in Wal-Mart!! I have one son, 17 and tall as a tree!! He is a senior - Go class of 2010! I have two terribly rotten cats. And even though I do not work outside the house, I seem to always have a chore to do, an errand to run or something that keeps me out of my scraproom more than I would like.

I average about 2 pages a day,(when I scrap) and this doesn't matter if I'm in there for 2 hours or 8, with a sketch or not.

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KimKV

I would love to be a JAFF if you'd have me. I am more of a card maker, but even that is a challenge at times.

Making LOs is sooooooooooooooooo much of a challenge for me....I am more of a cards kind of girl. Either way I take FOREVER to accomplish anything cuz I just don't have time, can't commit to the design, or just don't have the "right" stuff to finish a project.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and checking out your work for inspiration.

Have a great day!
Kristi

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to mojosmaddy

Oh, this totally me! I average about 1 lo a week, 2 if I am lucky. I love to scrap, just can't seem to find the time. I have started entering challenges to motivate me. I can't recall ever finishing 2 pages in one day.
My name is Ginny, I have been married almost 10 years and I have 4 awesome kids!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to GinnyHughes

I would also love to be a member! Because I thought I was the only one on the planet who took 2 days to finish 1 page....
My name is Hollie, and I'm 24 years old....going to be 25 next month. I have a wonderful boyfriend that I have been with for almost 6 months now. And I am a very sllllooooowwwwww scrapper! (I do like the slowness, because it's just relaxing and theraputic for me...)

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to pollywog

Hello JAFF ladies!

I'm so excited about this group - I've never been in a group here on sb.com.

I'm 23, and will be 24 in January. I graduated college in May 2008 from 'Mizzou' which is the University of Missouri-Columbia. I have a Bachelor of Journalism, and my specific area of emphasis within that is Advertising.

I've had a terrible time finding work in Wisconsin because of the economy, and also because I'm in MO searching for jobs in WI (not many connections)! My boyfriend Justin (originally from my same town,) lives and works there. He even owns his own home, so he's there for good. It's my plan to find a job and move up there!

For scrapping...I technically started in high school with a project we had that dealt with scrapbooking. I fell in love, and couldn't stop. But college kept me too busy, so I didn't scrap for about four years. I started back up again in May 08 after I graduated. So most recently, I've scrapped for about a year.

I'm really slow with scrapping, and on top of that, I have a hard time finding hours and hours that I can just sit down to complete a LO. So, I don't have much in my gallery :-/

OK! I'm ready to read more about more JAFFs!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-16-09 05:22 AM
In response to LaurenBiz

Hi Ladies
First, I want to thank Kim for hosting this great thread! WTG Kim... perfect idea!
My name is Lynn & I LOVE scrapbooking & scrapbookers even more! Such a great community! I have been married for 31 years (woooot) to an awesome guy! We have a 28 yr old son who is married with with no kiddies. We recently retired from USAF after 23 years active duty service. My hubby still works for USAF, only as a civilian. I am lucky enough to be able to stay at home with our crazy mini schnauzer. We live in the St Louis area so gotta love blues music & baseball! Looking forward getting to know everyone & sharing scrapbooking ideas ...not to mention a few laughs

Edited by Foamy on 09-16-09 05:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to Foamy

Hi Lynn-

What suburb of STL are you in!? Lots of my friends from college came from Chesterfield and West County. Not that I know even where those are, but they are somewhere near STL! I've only been there a few times, and not recently.

Have a good day

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to Foamy

Hi all!! Thank you so much Lynn for starting this fun group! I look forward to getting to know you all better. I'm Cheryl and 48 years old. I have been married to my great hubby for 26 years and we have five children. Our oldest two daughters are married and have given us three of the cutest grandchildren ever! Our third daughter leaves next week and will be gone for a year and a half serving a mission for our church in Paraguay. Our only son is in his first semester of college. He will be leaving at the end of this school year to also serve a mission for our church. Our youngest daughter is 14 and is in 9th grade. Even though most of our children are not at home, I still manage to keep super busy and am also a super slow scrapper. If I'm lucky I'll get two layouts done a week. Last Christmas I got bitten by the card making bug, too and love to now make cards.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Foamy

Hello everyone!

Meg here from Elkins, Arkansas. We are in the NW Corner, 7 miles from the UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS-GO HOGS!! (sorry, had to get that out of my system!)

I have been married to my wonderful husband for 14 years and we have one 10 year old daughter, Baylie. She is the light of our lives and the focus of most of my scrapbooking-as you can tell from my gallery.

I absolutely love, love, love to scrap. I spend all of my spare time in my scraproom. That is, when I am not driving to softball games, softball practices or dog shows. I am a professional dog handler and am gone a lot on weekends.

I am so excited to be a part of this group!! Thanks Kim for the invite and I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you!!

Hugs!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to imbayliesmom

HI Everyone,

Thanks Kim for getting this started and including me! Great idea and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Jill

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 08:24 AM
In response to jaxxan

HELLO!!!! JAFF Girls!! So excited about this thread, as Jill above can tell you. I have been pondering this for quite some time and finally decided to go for it. I hope we have many, many, many months (or years) of fun, friendship and layouts and cards!!

Lauren - Where in MO is your boyfriend? I am actually orginally from there. The Kansas City area.

Well, I need to go run the vacuum sweeper, see there's one of those darn chores getting in my scrappy way. But, I have a headache and I don't feel like doing anything!!

Later today, I'm going try to hit everyone's gallery and sprinkle a little a love!! See ya!!

Babys Got Blue Eyes
Governor
Babys Got Blue Eyes
In response to KimKV

Right now I'm living with my aunt and all my scrapbook stuff is in storage but I'll save this for later! Thanks for the invite!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 10:09 AM
In response to Babys Got Blue Eyes

You got it Jaime.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to KimKV

Hey JAFF!

I wanted to drop back by and say that I am going to be on vacation starting on Friday and won't be back until next Wednesday. So, if I don't check in during this time, I am not ignoring you.....I am just not near a computer.

Can't wait to get to know each and every one of you!! Hugs!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Oh kim, I hope your headache goes away soon!

I was in a hurry to get kids off earlier but realize to be fair I should probably share a little about myself as well.

I have been married to a very supportive guy for 10 years and we have two wonderful boys ages 8 and 4 1/2. Both my husband and I grew up among the orchards in Northern California only to watch them be cleared away to create Silicon Valley.

Aside from raising kids and helping out in our business I am working towards becoming a professional photographer for babies/kids.

I am so happy Kim started this thread and hoping it last for a long time!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to imbayliesmom

Awwwwwww I've been accepted!!!!! I'm so very excited!

I guess I need to introduce myself. My name is Kristi and I'm a slow scrapper. My DH and I have been married 4yrs the 24th of this month. Between the 2 of us we have five children and ONE grandbaby. I totally should have just signed up for being a grandma because it is soooooooooooo much fun! Only problem is grandgirl is in NC and I'm in Ohio but we are looking to move there hopefully in the near future.

In February I will be turning the big 40, but I'm excited, bring it on!

I am also the proud owner of a basset hound, Molly Mae, however, she is suffering from an identity crisis, she does not know she is a dog. I always thought people who were gaga over their pets were a lil loopy, but now that I am a pet parent I totally get it.

Just one more blurb and I'll shut up. I totally love SB.com and actually hosted a crop at my house this past summer with some of my friends from here. They came from MO, PA and MA all to visit and scrap! (Holla! Granmary,Justowen, J3Mel, Michellescraps,Shayla) They were very supportive of my slow scrapping style. Actually, I was too busy making sure they had enough to eat, and had everything they needed in order to scrap in peace.

I look forward to widening my friendship circle. Unfortunately, my Tech person blocked my SB access from so now I can only visit at night or on the weekends. I will try to keep up.

Have a great evening! I'm off to check out galleries.

Edited by mojosmaddy on 09-16-09 01:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Kristi, my mom lives in NC and is going to move up here to NH to be near my kids, her only grandchildren. And your anniversary is the day before mine, we are celebrating 10 years. The time sure does fly!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to GinnyHughes

• 2girls2dogs Said:
Kristi, my mom lives in NC and is going to move up here to NH to be near my kids, her only grandchildren. And your anniversary is the day before mine, we are celebrating 10 years. The time sure does fly!

Well happy anniversary early! What part of NC is your mom in? The grandbaby lives in Hampstead, about 5 minutes drive from Topsail. I am hoping to move close to them AND the beach...just gotta find me a job there.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 04:15 PM

So, we bought a boat last week. It's an older one, 20 years, I think. Anyway, dh got of work early today so we could take it to the local lake. We got down there, got it in the water, not off the trailer and the darn thing would not start!!! We have no idea why, it started before we bought and once after we got it home. We were bummed.

Thanks to all of you for joining this group and for thanking me for starting it. You are all welcome!!!

Page 1 of 238 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics