Username Post: JAFF (Just A Few Friends)        (Topic#1515743)
jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to GMFTS

OMG! I can't believe I have not posted on here for a couple of months. I have started many posts but I guess I never finished them.

Mary - thanks for leaving me the note on my page. It was so nice to get it. I thought I saw your scraproom pictures but I will go back and look, I like looking at others scrap rooms. I know you have been scrapping a bit and I need to visit your gallery.

Kim, you crack me up! You do the things I only think about, going around again to nail her one more time......I just sat here with the biggest grin on my face! I am so glad that one of us is getting parking lot justice!
In regards to your mom......Its that fixer syndrome. Never helpful! Perhaps that is why you are such a good listener with your son! ....sooooo did you return those Turkey breast to Walmart or what?
I am really excited to hear that you are getting your scraproom in order! Hopefully you will be back to posting mouth drooling food layouts at my hungriest again.

Krista - I will check out your blog. I am sure its amazing as you. I think you said your boys were starting school on the 7th, how are their teachers? How was the first days?

Z - I think listening to your schedule you may need to take some ZZZZZZZ's before any projects get tackled. Speaking of which did your husband ever finish his project? Wasn't it painting or something?

....Well, life is really rolling here. I am learning about dyslexia since both of my sons seem to have varying degrees of it. I am incredibly grateful to live where I do since there are so many qualified experts. I have great people who really love what they do and my kids. As much as we choke on the cost, they are worth every penny.

As for me, after being certified to teach parents Positive Discipline last October I am finally teaching my first classes and now looking to be certified to teach teachers. I would have never guessed I would be doing this a month ago.

We are now the proud owners of a large filled in 4ft trench that zig zags all the way across our front yard and driveway. ......Why do you ask? After receiving a $600 water bill in August we felt the need to investigate. We not only discovered we had a water main leak but that the builder of our tract was an idiot.

OOOOOhhh my biggest news is I have lost almost 20lbs since July 7th. After watching the youtube video of Dr. Luftin from UCSF Obesity research and treatment center, called "sugar the bitter truth", I cut sugar and grains out of my diet.
Literally dumped most of my pantry and freezer in the garbage! I have lost a consistent 2 lbs a week since early July and no I didn't work out! Its amazing how much sugar and grains affects my quality of life even my thinking. I feel like I have finally figured out the secret to good health and easy weigh loss.

Okay if you are still reading this....sorry for the ramble.....Have a safe and fun week....I am still smiling about Kim and the parking lot.

Edited by jaxxan on 09-09-12 09:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

Jill - first two days of school were good. However, Crispin has brought one note home for bad behavior already! He was throwing sticks and hit a girl.

Meet the Teacher is next week, so we will get to meet them then.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-10-12 07:28 AM
In response to KristaDee

Hello! How’s everyone?
Krista you have been busy. Haven’t gotten to your blog yet, but will try soon.
Hey Mary. Now new stories of terrorism against idiots on the road or parking lot. Sounds Like I need to check out you gallery too.
Hi Jill. Reading about your change in eating habits, good for you. They have us so fooled with grain being good for you,phish!!! Grain was meant to birds and squirrels to eat and pooped so it will grow. Why it should grow I don’t know, I guess so birds and squirrels can eat it and…
You need to google The Primal BluePrint. Scott and I started it a few months back and I have finally broke that 130 mark that I just couldn’t get below! It’s pretty much the same idea, stop eating all that hidden sugar! And grains, cut them too. It talks about going back to eating like the “caveman” did or current tribes that stay away from civilization. Also about the difference between our lifestyles and the lifestyles of the afore mentioned. He has a blog, a cookbook out and of course a book that explains it all and how to follow the blue print. Thing is, you still eat! You don’t count calories, you don’t write stuff down. You eat, meat and veggies. I make my own mayo, bbq sauce and ketchup now. We use Truvia and Stevia in the raw. Plus if you follow this way of life at least 80% you lose weight. You become a fat burner not a sugar burner. I went one day after having a good primal breakfast without getting hungry until dinner. AND NO SHAKES!!!! VERY rare for me.
Popcorn and movie night? Oh yeah that still happens, except now we use coconut oil to pop it instead of butter Crisco and real butter. And it tastes better!!!
Ok, enough of that.

I started volunteering at the local animal rescue league. I had to do something, I was getting so down and in such a rut I didn’t even want to make or keep doctor appointments. There just aren’t any jobs out there and what is out there, I’m not qualified for and the fact that I haven’t worked since 2008 does not help!!

Well think I have rambled on enough for now. Need to go order coffee and start some laundry – oh boy!!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Congrats Kim on the breaking the weight plateau! I have heard of the cavemen and the paleo diets. It is amazing when you are eating whole foods how your body just naturally regulates itself.

What caught me about this was that this Doctor actually went into how the liver breaks down the sugar and what it turns it into. Wheat including rice is all treated as sugar. He recommends a whole food diet, as close as you can to the way it is produced in nature. No processed foods!

He is really about getting sugar regulated and looked at as a drug. He even talks about how the guy who came up with this low fat diet didn't follow the proper procedures to check his work. Yet the government and the AMA based 40 years of health on it. Scary!

A person really needs to be their own advocate when it comes to their health.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KristaDee

HMMMMM.....wait just re-read your statement.......stick throwing is dangerous but what was that girl doing to walk into their game? I still hope you have a teacher who listens to both sides.

It just doesn't sound like bad behavior if he is minding his own business when some girl walks across and accidentally gets hit.

Edited by jaxxan on 09-10-12 12:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

Jill. I'm not sure if the girl walked into their game or if he just "happened" to throw towards her. He does have a knack for extending the truth. I'm hoping the teacher this year, won't believe it's all his fault, but I do know he can be blamed for a good chunk. (His brain isn't always connected to the heart - so he does something, but doesn't think out the consequences if his idea or game or plan or action goes the wrong way). But the school does have a "rule" about not throwing anything other than balls. No snowballs, no sticks..... takes the fun out of being kids, doesn't it!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-10-12 01:22 PM
In response to KristaDee

Schools took the fun out of being a kid along time ago! I'm surprised they still let them go outside.

Yes Jill, Sugar BAD!!!! Do you know there is sugar in Pringles!!!?? Whythe heck to we need sugar in pringles!! The industries has us to addicted to it, it's crazy and since we break it down so fast, we have to go eat more. The Primal Blue Print, is a lot like Paleo and sounds a lot like what you have stumbled over. Using pure maples syrup instead of brown sugar. Almond flour instead of wheat and so on. It really isn't hard. I don't even call it a diet.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-11-12 11:20 AM
In response to KimKV

****************NEWS FLASH******************** **

This message is being sent to you from Kim's scrap.

***************UPDATE*****************

The Silhouette has been plugged in, I repeat the Silhouette has been plugged in.

There is now a chair in the scraproom.

Stay tuned for more updates!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Oh man!!! That's exciting news. Maybe I might find some inspiration somewheres. I haven't scrapped since November.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-11-12 01:55 PM
In response to KristaDee

WOW, and I say that with that absolute maximum amount of sarcasm we all know I can!

I sent Silhouette a question, and yes I know I should have just posted it here, which I did and got closer to the questions being answered then from silhouette. Here is what I asked.

Subject: Confused

Hello,

I have been away from scrapping for a REALLY long time. I have the Original Quickutz Silhouette am I at the right website?

And if so can you tell me what "browsing on a mobile device, in the below paragraph means?

"We've detected that you're browsing on a mobile device. Lucky you, we've got a special design formatted for your screen. If you'd like to continue to the mobile version of the site, just click the 'mobile' button below. If you'd rather visit the normal Silhouette Online Store site, click the 'traditional' button. "
thank you

This is their response:

Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:08 PM
To: Kim Van Natta
Subject: RE: Confused

Thank you for your inquiry. You likely need to update your software if you have been away for some time. Please visit http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software.aspx to download and install "Silhouette Studio". This is a newer software program our company is now offering as the standard offered software for the Silhouette and Silhouette SD. We are confident in the fact you will enjoy this new software which will allow you to get the most from your Silhouette and which will allow you to continue to access any previously downloaded content or user-created images from the older ROBO Master software. Once your issue is resolved by installing the new program, please feel free to access the Silhouette Studio's Manual to learn more about it by accessing the "Help" menu in the software.

If the issue is encountered further as you open the new software and are being asked about a mobile device, unless you are browsing from an tablet or phone device, you will want to select the “Traditional” view option.

Please let us know if you ever require any further assistance.

Thanks,
The Silhouette Support Team
www.silhouetteamerica.com

And of course mine!!!

Um well, thanks for the response, even though it has absolutely nothing to do with my questions. I said nothing about any issues, it updated automatically and everything worked fine. Fortunately I belong to a scrapping website and my actual questions were answered there.

So, yea....Yet an other fine example of computers doing a humans job, just picking up key words.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-11-12 01:56 PM
In response to KimKV

Now I shall spend the next three weeks of my life looking at all the new stuff there and trying to remember how to use all the stuff I have. Not to mention trying to figure what I was or should be scrapping!!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Oh Kim! Thanks for the chuckle.

blog is updated again.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-12-12 05:37 AM
In response to KristaDee

Krista! Nearly a year since you have scrapped? How could you?
I mean you spend your time on garden sheds, and new tables and kids and dh and a job andwhat not instead of scrapping?
Silly woman.

LOL

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-12-12 05:44 AM
In response to GMFTS

Kim I have apparently taken a bite from the same apple you have been eating and taking on the people who make my life less wonderful.

Like the one who, two nights ago, parked his truck across the street and left his talk radio program blaring so loud I could plainly hear the words with the windows closed.

I went out and yelled to him to turn it down. He kept yelling "what? I'm hard of hearing. What?"
After about the third time of him yelling that he was hard of hearing I yelled "obviously" - strangely he heard that and got all ticked off at me...then he turned down the radio and really started giving it to me. I just pulled my phone out of my pocket and started dialing and calling out "9", "1", "do you want me to hit the last 1?"
That was when he went back to his truck and went away.

Edited by GMFTS on 09-12-12 05:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-12-12 05:59 AM
In response to GMFTS

I'm telling you, it's about time for those of us that don't wear an "I'm Stupid" sign as part of our daily accessories to stand up and say Seriously?! WTF!!! Do you people actually breed?

This is the response I got to my Computer response. I especially like that they were responding AS a human. You know kinda like if I go to a halloween party dress as Cinderella, am I really Cinderella?

We were actually responding to this as a human. We don’t have any fancy system to grab keywords. We’re sorry for misunderstanding what was being reported. Our assumption was that since it had been a while since you had used the Silhouette system, you were using an older program and thus seeing an issue when opening the Silhouette Online Store. We’re sorry we had not properly addressed your issue. We are glad to hear, however, it was resolved with the assistance of others from a scrapping website.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can do to improve or assist you further.

Thanks,

And assist me further, assist me what? Get more annoyed with you?? So I said:

Well I Assumed that since the “answers” were so far off a person couldn’t have possibly read it. Based on the fact that I have been out of scrapping for years and I go to the same website address that I went to back then and something completely different pops up, it is only natural to want to make sure I ended up at the right place. Would hate to have gotten a virus.

May I recommend that in the future you actually read everything the Customer asked then you wouldn’t have to assume. Cause now we both look like what that word breaks into and by that word I mean “********-u-me”.

Have a great evening. Goodbye.

They will be using my feedback to improve their process. Why don't you use to learn to actually read the customers questions??

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

I hear your frustration Kim, but it was sure good for a laugh reading it this morning.

Mary - I'd love to keep scrapbooking, but somewhere in my day - I get a little busy with other stuff! LOL. Some day....

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-12 10:14 AM
In response to KristaDee

Hello ladies.

So my mother and I are at a major stalemate regarding her behavior.

There were some pit bulls rescue several months ago from NY, two of them ended up at the rescue league that I am volunteering at. I made the mistake of telling her about the female and how cute she was and that I wished I could adopt her.

This was last Thursday (6th), every single day after that she kept on about how I should adopt her. I would tell I would love to but Scott and I agreed that we were not going to get anymore dogs. Well that wasn’t good enough and she kept on and on and on and on. I gave her other reason. I didn’t want to risk changing Peanuts personality and my other cat, Stormy has finally started coming out in her old age. But no, that wasn’t good enough either. I needed to adopt her, every house needs a dog, I need protection..on and on. I asked her to stop, I told her we weren’t going to, I begged but still she pressed the issue. She even went as far as to tell me, during a 25 minute conversation all about the dog, that she was NOT going to stop until she wore me down. And that she didn’t like the name Annabelle and that we should call her Tia. I told her I didn’t like that name and wouldn’t name her that regardless.

Finally this Thursday (13th) she called me on my way out to go to the rescue league. When I told her I was on my there, she says tell Tia hi for me. And started about adopting her again. I said Mother, you have got to stop it, it isn’t going to happen she again said give me a good reason why not. So I told her that a dog would scare my chipmunks, squirrels and turkey away. But no, I would walk her. Finally I lost it!! I said MOTHER!! IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! YOU HAVE TO STOP. So she got mad at me.

(I’m sorry this is so long, but I have a feeling towards my mother right now that I have never felt. And I just gotta get it out to other daughters)

So Thursday afternoon, the texting argument started. She is now trying to say it started out as a joke and that I was in my normal bad mood Thursday and took her seriously. OMG! Are you kidding me!? A joke doesn’t last for over 5 days! I was not in a bad mood, I was actually in a really good mood, until she called. I told her that I felt very disrespected and also hurt by this. Do you know what her response was!? She said that I had just hurt her deeper than I could ever know. I HURT YOU?

I told her, no, you don’t get this. You need to stop and think about how many times I begged you to stop and repeated some of the above and the she was not going to make me the bad guy. She then said You didn’t beg, stop with the little girl cr^p. It was all a joke and I knew it. And basically more of the the same BS.

About an hour later she calls and asks me if enough time had passed to be over this mess. I was like sure. Then she turns around and tells me I was not disrespected and…. I stopped her and said I am not doing this again; it’s been hashed to death already. She said it hadn’t been. At this point I told her yes it has and I am not doing this. I am going to hang up now. I’m sorry, but I’m not doing this, I love you Good bye mother. She sends me a text telling me that being hung up on was she called really be disrespected. I don’t think that what I did was hanging up on her, I told her I was hanging up and I said goodbye.

We haven’t spoken since. I don’t understand why she can’t just admit she pushed it and went way over the line. I mean am I wrong? What did I do that made this my fault? And was that comment about little girl cr^p necessary? I can not even put into words the feelings that I am experiencing right now.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-12 10:15 AM
In response to KimKV

Krista, I think you and I just need to say phewy on all the other stuff and just scrap!!!

Edited by KimKV on 09-16-12 12:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 09-16-12 07:16 PM
In response to GMFTS

I buy lots of tickets---

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to zrock

oh Kim! Sounds like it's time to turn the phone off and ignore it for a while.

I agree about the scrapping - I think I'm going to have to start making myself scrap so I can get back into it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics