Page 3 of 238 
Username Post: JAFF (Just A Few Friends)        (Topic#1515743)
KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-17-09 01:16 PM
In response to Mrs. Tristan

• Mrs. Tristan Said:
MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Is dinner ready? Oh wait.. uh.. where am i? SO THIS IS WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN ALL THIS TIME!?!?!?! THAT'S WHY I COULDN'T FINE YOU!

Now Nati, sweetie, Mommy loves you and I would never abandon you. But sometimes mommy's need to scrap with people her own scrap speed. And dinner will done pretty soon.

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA
In response to kzookeeper

• kzookeeper Said:
Hi everyone,

My name is Betty, I am 50 (looks like I might be the oldest in the group !!! I've been married to my DH, Jerry, for 32 years (in Dec). We have four wonderful "kids" - Joshua (24), Adam (22 and recently married to my DIL Andrea), Sarah (20) and Benjamin (18). I thought when Benjamin finished high school (homeschooled) and Sarah started college, and Adam married that I would have soooooo much more time to scrap - I don't know what happened!!!! I hardly ever have time lately. LOL! Sarah and I have worked like dogs for the last couple of months painting and moving rooms around (since Adam married and vacated the premises) and we FINALLY have our dream scrap room/library! (of course - it's mostly scrapping space - !)I just come in here and sit....... don't scrap..... just sit....... and look......! Hopefully I will get some pics of soon of our finished room and HOPEFULLY I will find where I misplaced my mojo when we were organizing so I can get back to scrapping

Anyhow, we have three "kids" still living at home. We also have FIVE dogs - three that live inside and two outside. AND my mother lives on one side of us and DH mother on the other!!!!! So, my life can be a ZOO!

I know a couple of you already and am looking forward to getting to know the others. Sarah is hoping to get on here later and introduce herself - she has two Eng. comp. papers to finish and turn in before midnight tonight - ugh!

Hope you all have a great scrapping weekend (we are going to a crop Fri. night - yippee!!!). I'll check in again soon.

Betty

HI ALL!!! SORRY BETTY BUT YOU ARE NOT THE OLDEST I AM IN THE SAME BOAT. OPPP!!! I JUST ADMITED TO BE 50!!!!!! WELL OK I AM PROUD AND I WILL INTRODUCED MYSELF TO ALL:

I AM 50 YEARS OLD, WIFE,MOTHER OF 2 AND A GRANDMA. O BEING WORKING IN PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR ALMOST 30 YEARS. I'M ORIGINALLY FROM PUERTO RICO HOWEVER LIVED IN SOUTHER ARIZONA FOR 16 YEARS. I BEEN SCRAPBOOKING SINCE 1998. I AM COFFEE JUNKIE, LOVE TO READ AND SPEND TIME WITH MY FAMILY. LOVE TO SCRAPBOOK AT NIGHT LISTENING TO 80 MUSIC. I'M NEVER FOLLOW THE CROW. ENJOY EXPERIMENTING WITH ALTERED ART TECHNIQUES AND PAGES LOADED WITH EMBELLIES. MY STYLE CHANGES WITH MY MOOD, BUT LOVE VINTAGE LOOKS AND ANYTHING GOES.
MY INSPIRATION IS MY FAMILY AND THE LITTLE EVERYDAY SURPRISES THAT MAKE LIFE MEMORABLE. LOVE GOING TO CROPS AND SPEND TIME WITH MY FRIENDS. I WAS PART OF THE STAFF OF SNR (ONLINE MAGAZINE),GUEST DESIGNER FOR SWIRLYDOOS AND PART OF THE DT FOR SCRAPGOOD KIT CLUB (RETIRED). SOMETIMES I TEACH AT MY LOCAL SCRAPBOOK STORE.
SOME OF MY RANDOM FACTS ARE :
I LEAR TO OPEN A COMBINATION LOCK AT AGE 38.
I HAVE THE CAPTION IN MY TV TO READ IT SO I CAN KEEP THE VOLUME DOWN.
I HAVE ENOUGH PP TO COVER ALL MY HOUSE WALLS AT LEAST 4 TIMES.

WELL I AM GLAD TO BE PART OF THIS GROUP AND HOPPING TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS.

HUGS ANGELA

PS STOP AT MY BLOG I AM HAVING A HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAY.

kzookeeper
Queen
kzookeeper
In response to vmachef ANGELA

well, Angela, I'm going to officially declare you the oldest since you're a "grandma"! LOL! Hopefully I won't experience that particular joy for a few more years!

Kim, I haven't heard from Andrea - I'll try to give them a call tonight and see if she's interested. They just moved to Nashville two weeks ago and she just started here new job and they've only had their DSL hooked up for a few days, so she might not have gotten the PM. I'll let you know what I find out.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-17-09 04:57 PM
In response to kzookeeper

woooot so happy so see everybody....
I am officially the oldest I do believe! I will be 52 next month & having more fun in my 50"s than I could ever imagine! especially since we started being empty nesters!

Edited by Foamy on 09-17-09 04:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA
In response to Foamy

YES LYNN I AGREE WITH YOU!! I AM ENJOYING MY 50!!! MORE TIME EVEN I WORK FULL TIME!!!!

SO FUN TO SEE SO MANY FAMILIAR FACES

GOODNIGHT MY FRIENDS

ANGELA

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to vmachef ANGELA

okay if we are going to talk about age...I have to say I just turned 40 and so far really good! I had this whole perspective change it has been great. I can't imagine what 50 will hold.
I am surprised at my thinking because I had age anxiety for most of my 20's and 30's.

It is nice to be around women who feel empowered by their age!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to jaxxan

Happy Fridday!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-18-09 02:47 AM
In response to jaxxan

Good morning ladies!!!

We have another Slow Scrapper joining us from the orginal invite. It's Afdani1984 and I believe her name is Dani. I'm sure she will be by shortly to say hi and give us some info on herself.

I have three other scrappers that have contacted me with great interest in joining us. With those three, it will bring our total to 17 (counting Betty's DIL). I think we will leave it at the number for now. Agreed???

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

Agree, Kim!
Happy Friday to everyone!
So excited to scrap tonight!
I am working on an 8.5x8.5 album, so I will probably post those pics when I finish with it. I'm only 2 pages in!

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to Foamy

You live in Columbia? Oh my gosh...I live 5 minutes from there in the next town!!! I just joined this board last week and was curious how close anyone lived near me in IL. Never thought it would be THAT close to me! LOL!!!

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to KimKV

If you decide to open it back up, I'm interested. Since I'm new at scrapbooking, I'm definitely sloooow. : )

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-18-09 06:53 AM
In response to Jaycie6

• Jaycie6 Said:
You live in Columbia? Oh my gosh...I live 5 minutes from there in the next town!!! I just joined this board last week and was curious how close anyone lived near me in IL. Never thought it would be THAT close to me! LOL!!!

LoL 5 mins in close!!! Do you shop the ST Louis side or IL side?? I do both LOL

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-18-09 06:54 AM
In response to Foamy

Wooots happy Friday ladies!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-18-09 06:55 AM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Good morning ladies!!!

We have another Slow Scrapper joining us from the orginal invite. It's Afdani1984 and I believe her name is Dani. I'm sure she will be by shortly to say hi and give us some info on herself.

I have three other scrappers that have contacted me with great interest in joining us. With those three, it will bring our total to 17 (counting Betty's DIL). I think we will leave it at the number for now. Agreed???

Thats a good #

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to Foamy

Both. I haven't noticed alot of stores in South County to choose from so it looks like I'll be driving to Fairview more often.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Jaycie6

Hi Jaycie! I live in Fort Wayne, IN! So I am kinda close to you, but not very....we are still neighbors!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
Wooots happy Friday ladies!

Same to you!!!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-18-09 09:40 AM
In response to pollywog

Here is my first official layout posted in this forum! thanks for looking

Enjoy the little things.
By Foamy

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Foamy

Hello all, the Great Kim said I could join.

My name is Krista, I'm from a small rural "city" (it's still small town mentality - with enough people to classify as a city) in Southern Manitoba Canada. About 20 minutes from the North Dakota border.

I'm a stay at home Mom of 2 very rowdy boys. My oldest Cody is 7 and is in Grade Two. My youngest Crispin (or Cris as I've been starting to call him lately) is almost 4 (21 days left) and has enjoyed his very first afternoon in Preschool. I've been married for 11 years and scrapping for 10. I used to be a speedy scrapper, but then I got busy with the kids and all the other daily aspects of life and so scrapping took a back seat.
I'm hoping to be able to get back into the swing of things and try to get caught up. I was almost caught up and then we added Crispin to the family, and I got behind again. I know that I will have about an hour and a half every Wednesday afternoon to scrap (while Crispin is in school) and I'm really looking forward to it.
I think that's a bit about me in a nutshell. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Sarah_Liz
Mayor
Sarah_Liz
In response to KristaDee

Hey everyone,

My name is Sarah and I'm 20, will be 21 in April- looks like I might be the youngest here. I'm from Georgia. I guess you all know by now that Kzookeeper is my mom. I'm currently in my freshman year of college. I'm a very slow scrapper- before I started school I got maybe 2-3 LO's done a week. Now that I'm in school, I'm lucky if I even get to scrap at all lol! Thank goodness for Friday night crops! I've been scrapping for about 5 years now, but didn't really get hooked until after I joined sb.com. I love scrapping with fun prints/bright colors and I get inspiration from the little everyday moments.

Thanks so much, Kim, for asking me to join this group! Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Sarah

Page 3 of 238 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics