Page 4 of 238 
Username Post: JAFF (Just A Few Friends)        (Topic#1515743)
GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-18-09 10:59 AM
In response to KimKV

OH boy Oh boy!
there's room for me!
I am one of the slowest scrappers in the universe (Kristi can attest to that!) so this is definitely a home for me!

Thank you so much!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to Sarah_Liz

Hello fellow scrappers! When I saw Kim's post about a group for slowwwww scrappers, I thought, AT LAST! A group for me! The group was closed, but thank you, Kim, for making room for me!

Okay. It's official: I am the oldest member of JAFF at age 54! My name is Karen and I live in Redding, CA. I grew up here and then lived in Salem, OR for 26+ years. I'm single and I moved back "home" to care for my elderly parents. I am a freelance editor and copywriter and work from home, which is why I was free to make the move when necessary.

I have been scrapping for over 15 years now but it wasn't until I discovered SB.com that my passion for it really ignited. A number of you are already in my buddy list and I'm a fan of your work! I'm looking forward to meeting new friends here and sharing your lives!

Besides scrapping, I love to sing and have been part of worship teams in church for 24 years! I am an avid reader and belong to a CRAZY book club. I read 101 books in 2008! I also love reality TV - shows like Survivor, The Amazing Race, Top Chef, Project Runway, Design Star...anything on the Food Channel! I scrap most evenings and watch my favorites.

I'm planning to scrap all weekend. If I'm lucky, I'll get ONE page done! I am soooo slow and I get teased about it a lot! I told Kim that I usually have three LOs in some stage of completion at all times and I'm not even ADHD!!

Oh, one more thing about me is that I'm known around SB.com as the "dog lady" because they are my favorite subject to scrap! See what happens when you don't have children??? At least I haven't become one of those reclusive spinsters with 1,000 cats! Not yet anyway......

So, thank you for including me! I'm excited!!

Karen

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-18-09 12:53 PM
In response to kanary

well move over Karen you aren't the oldest - so far I am but as I say in my profile "i'm old enough to know better and young enough to not care!"

I am Mary, I live in MA now but still consider myself a Vermonter because that is where I spent most of my life (born in NJ, and also lived in OR for a couple of years).

I have a grown daughter and a grown son. And 4 grandchildren whom I absolutely am crazy about. I am single and work full time and spend as much time as possible with my family. I, like Kristi, would like to live closer to the grandkids but for now 1 hr by car to one set and an hour by air to the other set is having to do.
In addition to scrapping I love to cook, I Letterbox, I am a voracious reader and I do other crafts too.
I of course love to scrap no matter how slow I am - to me the process should be fun and if slow is how it happens good enough!
Sometimes I teach classes at my gf's little lss/crop room but I am so slow at coming up with projects I hate to give up the time I need for my scrapping.
I used to have a dining room and an extra bedroom but they are pretty much scrap rooms now - unless the grandkids are here.
My dd and both granddaughters also scrap so you could say we're a scrappy family.
Lastly, I have made some fantastic real life friends as a result of this board and I love them and my other sb buds... I am so excited to get to know the rest of you and know that the pressure to 'perform' is off!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-18-09 12:56 PM
In response to GMFTS

Hey I just saw Cheryl's latest lo as a featured lo!
Way to go Cheryl!!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to GMFTS

Happy Friday everyone! Here is a page to share.

Shh...
By 2girls2dogs

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to GinnyHughes

Sounds like this is going to be a fun group of ladies!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-18-09 04:04 PM

"The Great Kim" I like it!! I shall be known as "The Great Kim" from this point forward!!

Well the good new for my day, we got the boat running, still not sure what was up with that. Got the trailer light AND the wiring fixed on the truck trailer connector!!!

Bad news, no scrappy time for me

Maybe tomorrow????

I think I have all of us on the first post. Would you ladies just pop back there and make sure you are on there. Thanks!!

Edited by KimKV on 09-18-09 04:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Oh Wow! The "Great Kim" powers are amazing, tell me did you have to touch the boat or did you just think it into working!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-19-09 04:38 AM
In response to jaxxan

I just glared from the deck and it shuttered and shook the clouds rolled in and it started right up!!!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

You are truly amazing all powerful one!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to jaxxan

ACU!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

Good morning all. My BFF is out for the weekend, so I may not be on at all. I know I won't be scrapping either (unless I do a little bit this afternoon while she is at a wedding) I don't get to see her all that often, so I'll be taking advantage of the time together.

Have a great weekend!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KristaDee

Just popping in for a quick hello! Went to the down town where I'm selling my cards. Dropped off some Halloween ones that I made last night. (I'll post them here in a minute.) Got some exciting news, two of my cards that I previously dropped off sold!!!!! Now I need to make cards to replace the ones I sold. Maybe later today, right now I'm fighting bronchitis and I'm ready for a nap.

Have a super Saturday!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to mojosmaddy

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

Edited by mojosmaddy on 09-19-09 09:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kzookeeper
Queen
kzookeeper

Hey Kim,
Just wanted to let you know that finally was able to get in touch with Andrea this morning - she would like to be part of the group. She was going to let you know the other night, but it started storming and she had to get off the computer (they've had awful weather in TN this week!) And they are at an out of town wedding this weekend. Maybe she'll be able to check in the first of the week.

Sarah and I actually did get to go to a crop last night. We have a group that was started at our church (but we let anybody come). We had a great time - I only managed to get one layout finished and we were there for SIX HOURS. I am VERY slow.... LOL! Anyhow, maybe I'll get around to posting it by the first of the week.

Well, I'm ACU on reading the thread - I just have to go back and make comments. Have a great weekend!

Betty

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to kzookeeper

Just dropping by to say hello!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary

Hello everyone! I have been scrapping on and off since Friday afternoon and I've managed to complete TWO pages! It is pathetic. I'm really struggling because I'm doing a Disneyland album for my friend Nini's birthday. She wants a "flat" album, meaning one with not a lot of thick embellishments. She's kind of from the Creative Memories school of thought.

This puts me out of my comfort zone because I really like dimension and texture. Twenty pages of this will probably have me drooling and counting ceiling tiles before it's finished!!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello! Glad some of you are getting the opportunity to scrap.

Betty, I always have a blast at crops, but that is my least productive time!! Someday I hope to be organized enough to have a few LOs pre-made before I go. Okay...I even cracked myself up with that one!!

Karen

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-19-09 05:10 PM
In response to kanary

Pre-made?? What is that?

Betty, I'll get Andrea added to the first page and she can pop in when ever the weather will allow!

When we took the boat out yesterday evening, the engine would not rev up to the RPM's it is supose to, so it didn't go very fast. So after some research, hubby decided the timing must be off.
So we spent most of our morning looking for a timing light. Apparently this is a tool that is commonly used when working on engines. We went to three auto parts stores before we found one! Anyway, dh spent the rest of the day, researching some more, reading, working on and fiddling with the boat engine. We're going to take the boat out tomorrow, hopefully it will go faster!!

I am planning to scrap Monday. I call Monday's "MY Days". On Monday I do what I want, I don't clean house - unless I want to. Yeah, that happens!! Sometimes I might do some laundry. But mostly I spend it however I want!!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KimKV

Geesh you just said you wanted the boat to start you didn't say you wanted it to go fast

Good luck to you guys! Hope you get some wind in your hair tomorrow.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-20-09 04:38 AM

Oh details!!! The Great Kim Commands the boat to go FAST!!!!

I didn't tell you all this...dh looked for a new distributor for this 20 year old boat engine - You will NEVER guess how much it would cost!!!

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS - actually about $1300. ARE THEY KIDDING!!!??? I told him he better just work on the old one some more! My dad gave him a couple of ideas last night. So he will be out there again working on it for a a bit until the boys get back from riding their ATV's. I would go hide in my scrap room during this time, but my big wondow faces the driveway and if he needs my hap he will just stand out there and wave his arms until I come out!!!

Page 4 of 238 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics