Username Post: Wedding scrapbooking supplies        (Topic#1516213)
Resident

I am trying to work on my wedding scrapbook, we got married 14 years ago! I am having a really hard time finding embellishments, etc in Edmonton. My colors were Black, White, Purple and Pink. Pink roses, I had white pearls on my wedding dress. Whenever I go to work on my scrapbook of my wedding-I can't find what I need.
I need to get it done!
creativeLaura

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to creativeLaura

I've found lovely things all over for my daughter's album. I ordered a 25 pack of Bazill cs that was a perfect match for the bridesmaid dresses! The superstore here has great stuff!

AKMBaby
Resident
AKMBaby
In response to johnsusan8

You should get some of those self-adhesive pearls. They make them in a bunch of colors. Including pink and purple. They have them at Michaels and I know that Prima makes them. You can order them from the superstore.

Also I think think that you should use some pink Prima flowers. They would look beautiful. Im sure you'll find some great stuff in the superstore. Good luck, and I hope that helped

AKMBaby
Resident
AKMBaby
In response to AKMBaby

Here are some products I think would look nice.
Just Search Prim in the superstore and you will fall in love
P.S.
Sorry about the second post

Prima - E Line - Daisy Delicacies Collection - Flower Embellishments - Pink, BRAND NEW

Prima - E Line - Bermuda Breeze Collection - Flower Embellishments - White, BRAND NEW

Prima - E Line - Self Adhesive Pearls and Crystals - Bling - Assortment 6, BRAND NEW

Prima - E Line - Self Adhesive Pearls and Crystals - Bling - Assortment 27, BRAND NEW

Prima - E Line - Self Adhesive Pearls and Crystals - Bling - Assortment 1, BRAND NEW

Prima - Say It In Crystals Collection - Self Adhesive Jewel Art - Bling - Swirls - Clear, BRAND NEW

Prima - Windsor Roses Collection - Flowers - Chelsea

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to AKMBaby

I really like the Making Memories Black Tie papers. They are elegant black, white, and grey, but you could add your accent colours with embellies and added cs. They have 2 12X12 packs, one has lots of paper (4 of each I think and lots of patterns- maybe 8 or 10), but they are less fancy (no shapes etc) and another one that has less papers in it but die-cut shaped papers, etc. I don't have a wedding to scrap, but I still bought one of the 12X12 packs and the little 6X6 package because they were on sale at Michaels here in Halifax about a month ago. I find the MM paper packs go on sale quite often and are quite reasonably priced to begin with. Oh, I also got the black and white patterned buttons from the same line and they are also very elegant.

So if I ever want to go for a third marriage, I'm all set for papers, I guess, lol (nah, I think I'll stick with DH)!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to mercytiara

I would go for all things Prima

Products Referenced in This Post:

dgustafson74
Guru
dgustafson74
In response to SuperAllyFan

and just to add.. if you use white flowers you can get one bunch for a dollar at dollar general andhave some left over for other thngs!!!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to dgustafson74

You can always ink something to the colour that you need. Go to the dollar store and buy some inexpensive white flowers, then ink them (or mist) to the colour you want. Those flourishes and pearls are great and come in pretty much any colour. Unfortunately, shipping costs from sb.com to Canada will break the bank, unless you FILL you shopping cart and make it worth it, lol.

Do you ever drive to Calgary? I know Red Deer has a fantastic scrapbook store (Scrapbookers Paradise), and there are two more in Calgary... I'm not sure what's in Edmonton but there's gotta be something... M's or WM will do in a pinch, lol.

Resident
In response to AKMBaby

Thanks so much-you rock! Finding them in the store for me is amazing of you!

I appreciate it and every single item you chose were things I had wanted to find. Very me and my style! Thanks a million!
creativeLaura

Resident

Thanks for that idea-I don't remember seeing Making Memories at Michaels-but I will certainly look this weekend. Thanks so much. I'm finding that my Michaels doesn't carry alot of the wedding stuff lately.
creativeLaura

Resident
In response to SuperAllyFan

I love what you picked out-it's funny I have looked on Ebay, and several online scrapbook stores and I have never found so many things I LOVE! Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!
creativeLaura

Resident
In response to Dancing Queen

Thanks-where do you live?
I stopped in Red Deer last weekend on the way to a scrapbooking retreat in Canmore, and I didn't see anything like that. I was pretty disappointed because that's a big reason why we stopped to shop there.
creativeLaura

Tenant

I'm working on my Daughter's wedding album of which I have over 600 pictures of. I am doing a sort of modified photo album with embellies added. I'm using the pearls and other bling mentioned by the other posteres in this thread but trying to keep the concentration more on the pictures. Also ribbon is a nice accent that keeps the wedding feel of a LO.
I'll be scrapping some more traditional LOs in a smaller book but wanted to have something with all the shots from the wedding.
I purchased the Sweethearts Cricut Cartridge. It has some great little sayings and wedding type things that I want to use.

I'll post a couple of the double pages that I have completed from my modified photo album so you can see what I'm talking about in my gallery.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 2375035.h...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 2375037.h...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=237503...

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to Monikash

I so want that Sweethearts Cart...it is so cute! That one would be great for doing wedding layouts!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley

• mercytiara Said:
I really like the Making Memories Black Tie papers. They are elegant black, white, and grey, but you could add your accent colours with embellies and added cs. They have 2 12X12 packs, one has lots of paper (4 of each I think and lots of patterns- maybe 8 or 10), but they are less fancy (no shapes etc) and another one that has less papers in it but die-cut shaped papers, etc. I don't have a wedding to scrap, but I still bought one of the 12X12 packs and the little 6X6 package because they were on sale at Michaels here in Halifax about a month ago. I find the MM paper packs go on sale quite often and are quite reasonably priced to begin with. Oh, I also got the black and white patterned buttons from the same line and they are also very elegant.

So if I ever want to go for a third marriage, I'm all set for papers, I guess, lol (nah, I think I'll stick with DH)!

I just did an 8x8 wedding album with these papers and I loved them! They are so pretty and easy to coordinate with anything because they're neutral. I have most of the album scanned into my gallery if you'd like to look.

I also second the adhesive pearl suggestion. They look SO good on layouts.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Smashley

OH--I also have the Cricut Solutions Wedding cart. LOVE IT! I used it on a lot of the pages in the 3 parent wedding albums I made. And since it's a solutions cart, it's not as expensive as a regular one.

writerlady
Expert
writerlady
In response to Smashley

TY for starting this thread! I'm working on mine, too (although 17 years late).

Resident
In response to writerlady

You're welcome-hey I'm 14 years late, but I'm glad I waited because if I had scrapbooked my wedding then I wouldn't of been happy with it as scrapbooking has changed so much.
If you ever need support-I'm here, it's hard sometimes working on it so many yeaars later.
creativeLaura

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 09-26-09 04:16 PM

Laura, it didn't get deleted!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics