Page 1 of 264 
Username Post: FULL AND CLOSED Secret Sis Swap (Oct.-Dec.)        (Topic#1516235)
thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Welcome to the Secret Sisters Swap!

First of all, I want to express my gratitude to Kristie Bentley and Rosita for hosting the last couple of rounds. Rosita and I will be co-hosting this new round. Please read through the rules and guidelines as some things have changed. Some will stay the same also, but there all a few changes that I think will make this swap even better! I look forward to this swap this new round and I have had a WONDERFUL time in the other rounds too! Here are the new rules:

RULES/GUIDELINES:

1. This swap will begin October 1st. I will accept Sign-ups until September 30th or until there are 40 participants, whichever comes first. I will match up the sisters on October 1, 2009.

2. If you sign up for this swap you will receive one secret sister (swap partner).

3. You will send her a package (examples would be some scrap supplies, candy, a favorite item (precious moments figurine, a willow tree decoration, etc. etc., depending on what your sister collects or likes) You will also be required to send her at least one message ON THE THREAD with an alternate id each month and you should feel free to send messages/cards online or through snail mail!

4. This round, we have a price MINIMUM of $20.00. You are required to spend at least $20.00 each month on your swap partner. Feel free to go over, if you choose, but do not expect your sister to do the same. Some of the ladies in the swap do not have the funds beyond the $20.00, and that is totally okay. As long as you can spend the 20.00 each month consistently, not including shipping, that is the main requirement of this swap! I am changing this because I do not feel that it is fair if one person sends 5.00 worth of stuff each month, but then receives a 20.00+ package themselves. Some of us budget to afford the secret sister swap, and they look forward to getting the 20.00+ back from their sister. This isn't to be mean, it is just more fair to do it this way. The 20.00 does NOT include ANY shipping costs to you or to your sister. The 20.00 must be spent on your partner but does NOT have to be only scrapbooking items!

5. You would not put your name on the package/envie so you will remain a secret. It's a good idea to use a family members name as the return address, a trusted neighbor, or you can put your hubby to good use and use his name!

6. You can look up your partners profile to get some ideas of what to send. They have also been instructed to update their wishlist. Scrapbook.com will actually ship your item out to your sister if you include a note to block out your name and address information because it is for a secret sister exchange. This is often an easy and cheaper way to send your sister items directly from her wishlist...and who doesn't like getting things from their own wishlists?

7. You must check into this thread at least once a week. Communication is vital in this swap because the purpose of this swap is to get to know your fellow swappers! You'll get more out of this swap the more you post, and your ss can get more ideas as to what to send you.

8. Secret sisters will end on December 31, so you can send your sister some Christmas day goodies! and then the big reveal at the end of December!

9. Never hesitate to pm me or Rosita if you have any questions, or need to know something specific from your SS. I am here to help you!

10. Please mail your RAKS/gifts/cards out no later than: October 15th, November 15th, and December 15th. That should give the package time to arrive before end of the month. *THIS ROUND, IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED SOMETHING FROM YOUR SWAP SISTER BY NOVEMBER 10TH, OR DECEMBER 10TH THAT PARNER WILL BE CONTACTED AND REMOVED FROM THE SWAP...AND WE WILL SWITCH IT AROUND SO THAT EVERYONE RECEIVES! I am not playing around with this! I HATE to see someone getting flaked on when they are faithful and send to their partners. I will NOT TOLERATE flakers in this swap...you will be removed and not able to participate in any future swaps with us. If I contact you and you can provide a tracking number, that is acceptable. I would LOVE it if when you all mail out your packages, you sent me a tracking number thru pm's so I can keep track. I understand mail issues happen too, so this will make the swap more organized.

11. Have fun, chat, share lo's, anything goes in this thread!

12. You must have at least 100 posts in order to sign up.

13. To sign up, send me a PM with this information:
Screen Name
Name
Address
Phone number (This will not be given out, but is for my records in case something happens to you)
Birthday
Do you collect anything?
Favorite snack
List of things you would like to receive (or a link to your wishlist which you will keep updated).
If it is OK to have an international sister (because shipping costs more). We do have some sisters in other countries who participate and are lovely scrappers.

Secret Sister Ideas:

You don't have to do these things, but remember, we are running this until Christmas, so I wanted to give you some ideas.

1) Create an additional ID to log on to sb.com (so you can communicate with your ss on the thread and send PMs, etc.)You do have to do this to write you sis on the thread AT LEAST once a month! A good idea is to post when you mail out a package and "tease" them about some of the goodies included!

2) Send a card.

3) Type a letter. Be sneaky and devious.

4) Remember, it doesn't have to be scrap stuff only but should include some scrap stuff!

Here is the list we used at my church, just to give you an idea. You DON'T have to do this...just some ideas!

An e-card
Homemade pie, cake, or cookies
Small votive candle wrapped in pretty fabric
A card in the snail mail - Everyone feels good about getting mail that isn’t a bill
Fresh cut flowers
A plant
Nail polish and a file
Book
Box of specialty tea or coffee
Gift certificates: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, ice cream stores, …
Photo album
Gift certificate to Block Buster with 2 or 3 bags of microwaveable popcorn
Picture frames
Basket of relaxing bath things
Coffee mug of suckers
Nice cookie cutter with recipe and ingredients
Set of placemats
Box of peppermint bark
Box of cool pens
Basket with tablecloth, wine, and glasses
Handbags/totes
New journal with nice pen
Old Navy has good gifts for under $10.00

*****Also, I must reiterate: DO NOT SIGN UP for this swap unless you are prepared to make a commitment to it. People have had their feelings hurt in the last swap, and I do not want to see that happen again. If something happens during the swap that affects your ablility to keep participating, please contact Rosita and myself...we both just want EVERYONE to enjoy this swap, get to know each other, and enjoy spoiling someone and getting spoiled in return!

Anytime you have a question or an issue, please contact both Rosita and myself...we want to be available to help you and make this swap fun, enjoyable, and just a great place to chat and spend time! Honestly, I have made some wonderful friends on this site and I know they will remain close friends to me! This is a place that has a bunch of amazing women! I have even chatted with some on the phone (okay, Rosita, maybe a little more than "chatted") and met one of my previous secret sisters in person!

****LIST OF SECRET SISTERS (SO FAR)
1. Rosita
2. Tina (tina scraps)
3. Ashley (DNA301)
4. UK happiscrapper (Marie)
5. Lydbug (Lydia)
6. RachelUK (Rachel)
7. DonnalynneRN (Donna)
8. Pursemommie (Lavona)
9. Scrapbrarian (Rebecca)
10. happy scrappy247 (Christine)
11. scrappintastic (Melissa)
12. Nightenbelle (Kimberly)
13. jackie9635 (Jackie)
14. Chantelle Lea
15. Ladybug1972
16. Chuewanita (Lisa)
17. youvegotmel
18. sdenison
19. Fortunes Fool
20. Newbiemom
21. Mumsie23
22. thinkpink22 (Kimberly-ME)
23. nikilynn

Edited by thinkpink22 on 10-01-09 03:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to thinkpink22

me me me!

Kimberly, you forgot to delete the rules/guidelines for July's swap

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Tina scraps

Thanks Tina! I took care of that bit of extra information!!! Glad you are back!
Kimberly

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to thinkpink22

can I have you for my bigsister again?

cornish_scrapper
Expert
cornish_scrapper

Sign me up too, please sweet Kimberly. I'll give it another go. Caring is sharing! Will pm my details to you a.s.a.p.
Big hugs,
Marie xx

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cornish_scrapper

May I play again too? I'll try not to be so behind this time! Girl Scout's honor! Will PM my details now!

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug
In response to DNA301

me me me !!

i'll PM my info later tonight

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to cornish_scrapper

• uk_happiscrapper Said:
Sign me up too, please sweet Kimberly. I'll give it another go. Caring is sharing! Will pm my details to you a.s.a.p.
Big hugs,
Marie xx

I think you should assign someone extra special to Marie, since she only got those online classes last time.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I'm ready and willing dear Pink - off to pm you now!

donnalynneRNC
Queen
donnalynneRNC
In response to RachelUK

I want in!!!!!!!

pursemommie
Governor
pursemommie
In response to donnalynneRNC

Count ME IN!!! YAY!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to pursemommie

I'm in Sweet Pink!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

I have been away golfing with 3 girlfriends for the last few days. I was happy to have a few days vacation from the very busy public library where I work. Today a shooting occurred in the library parking lot just after opening this morning. Thankfully no staff or patrons were injured

My understanding from the police is that this was a domestic dispute that happened to occur in our parking lot—a man shot his wife and then himself. Both the husband and wife (who were Detrioit Police officers!) died from gunshot wounds.

Library staff responded quickly, police responded quickly, and we’ve received an outpouring of calls and emails from the public expressing their concern and support for us. We are making arrangements for on-site counseling tomorrow for library staff.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Rebecca, that's awful! I can't even imagine. so were you actually at work today, or did you just get back from golfing tonight?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I was golfing when it happened but staff called my cell as did dh once he heard it on the local news. I got back in town late this afternoon but won't go into work until tomorrow at 7:30 AM. I am off to bed now. Thanks for the hug Tina.

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

hey girls--since pink and donna talked me into it------i think i will particiapte this round!!i will send ya a pm tomorrow pink with the info--still trying to catch up on pm's that have been sent to me--lol

i noticed in the rules--that to post your tracking number---uhhhhhhhhh if we do that--then i would be clicking on those tracking numbers left and right and seeing who has who---lol----everyone should just pm the number to one of you girls

i am looking forward to it!!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to Christine0106

oh--and is it ok if i send my sis a 5 dollar gift a week--ya know--i could mail one of those 5 dollar footlongs every monday--lol------------ki dding---!!!!

donnalynneRNC
Queen
donnalynneRNC
In response to Christine0106

YAY! Christine. Cept now I am gonna be singing the five dollar foot long song all day at work~

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to donnalynneRNC

I'm totally singing the $5 footlong song. THANKS christine, lol!

fun to see some different (for me, since I only did it this last time) players.

I've gotta be more careful this time around, Miss Rebecca figured me out fairly early on the last time, though I denied it till the end. I was going for "plausible deniability" - ha, think I've been watching too many law/crime shows?

scrappintastic
Guru
scrappintastic

I THINK I got my computer fixed last night, count me in on this one!!!! I've missed everyone! LOL

Page 1 of 264 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics