Username Post: trying something new        (Topic#1516249)
ang_geo
Resident
ang_geo

hey all,
I am looking to try something new with scrapping, i am just not sure what. I play around with brads and ribbons. just looking into trying something new. Any ideas?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to ang_geo

embossing with ink and embossing powder
paper piecing your own diecuts
coloring stamped images
handwriting your journaling

ang_geo
Resident
ang_geo
In response to Tina scraps

oh how do you paper peirce?

ang_geo
Resident
ang_geo
In response to ang_geo

oh piece, well how do you do it?

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 09-22-09 01:16 PM
In response to ang_geo

How about distressing, glimmer mists, masking,or alcohol inks?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rae_M

I don't paper piece often, but what I do is look for an image on the web, maybe a birthday cake, print it out, cut out the layers (ie if there's frosting on the cake, that's one layer, the cake is another layer). then I trace the layers onto the colors I want, cut them out, and assemble them on my page. a bit time consuming, but uses paper you have on hand, and you don't have to buy a stamp, a cricut cartridge, etc.

there are also patterns on the web, like
http://scrapbooking.about.com/od/freepatterns/Free_ Pape...

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Tina scraps

How about making a mini book or small project using something you have not done before. I love making little projects even if I never use them.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to planty

Being one of the "old ladies on the block" sometimes something "old" becomes new again. Such as techniques that were popular 5 to 6 yrs ago. (is that old???) Example: right now the trend seems to be circles, no matts for photos, and lots of bling, flowers, etc. Years ago there weren't flowers or swirls, etc but what we did was innovative matting, photo cropping, & paper manipulation (there were so many papers either not like now!). I like to revisit my MM Photo cropping books when I want a different idea.
I personally like to manipulate pp which I haven't done for a while. Get a quilt pattern going, cut & fold patterns with templates that are on PaperWishes site. So many things...

susanlk
Veteran
susanlk
In response to ang_geo

I like to use stitching on my layouts. Usually a border stitched with the sewing machine. Sometimes I'll get brave and hand-stitch. I've invested in some Bazzil Stitchz templates for the hand-stitching. If you use basic shapes, you can draw a shape or swirl on tablet paper and use that as a template to poke your holes in your cardstock or pp and then stitch by hand.

When hand-stitching with a template, I use a cross stitch needle & floss.

Do you use buttons? They can be used in creative ways and you can sew them onto your page or use glue dots to hold them down.
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to susanlk

Maybe check out the tutorial videos for some new ideas and techniques demonstrated.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to scrapnread

How about Stickles?

hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722
In response to anda11

i second the distressing and masks idea. check out tim holtz's blog...he has tutorials. once i saw those, i was seriously hooked!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics