Username Post: Pen for doodling on watercolor paper?        (Topic#1516257)
blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

Is there a pen out there that could withstand watercoloring & won't bleed?

I'd like to doodle on watercolor paper & then watercolor (either w/ actual watercolors, or watercolor pencils, or both). But I'm not sure what, if anything, to use for such doodling, as I imagine a regular doodling pen design would bleed & spread. I know if I wanted to stamp something that wouldn't bleed into watercoloring, I'd use Stazon. So I guess I'm trying to see if a pen equivalent exists.

Feedback welcome. Thanks in advance!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to blushpea

I would visit an Art Store and check out the pigmented waterproof ink pens. Write a few test lines and then spit on it.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 09-22-09 05:45 PM
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Do you think a Zig would bleed? I assumed it was waterproof ink, but never tried it. I don't know if one of the Zip specialty pens (like a vellum writer might be better than a regular zig??) Sharpie also makes fine print markers (acid free) and maybe they would work?
Products Referenced in This Post:
Zig Writer - Black (Discontinued)

BethanyKartchner
Resident
BethanyKartchner
In response to IzzyB

What about a Sharpie? I know that ballpoint pens won't bleed.

okiegrandma
Guru
okiegrandma
In response to BethanyKartchner

Let us know what happens when you spit on it. Please.

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to okiegrandma

I think you should try the Sakura Micron pens, I made some doodling after using watercolours and the doodle on it when it´s dry.

Maybe the ZIG millenium works fine too!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to StrawberryPia

Thanks for the feedback all! Guess I'll do small tests w/ the pens I've got first... If they don't work, maybe I will check out an art supplies store then (maybe not, we'll see how into the idea I am after all that testing...)!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics