Username Post: in search of        (Topic#1516267)
dala 
New Kid On the Block
  • dala on 09-22-09 04:24 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Sharon and about 5 years ago I thought I was going to start scrapbooking but did not. My BIL recently passed away and I would love to make journal/scrapbook for his kids. He was into restoring cars and actually restored a really old Coupe. I have been searching for stickers, embellishments, etc. for one page. Any ideas or suggestions? I am just starting out so I have LOTS to learn

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 09-22-09 05:47 PM
In response to dala

You can go to Google Images and do a search for the model of car that he had. When the images come up, save the ones you like onto your computer. When you get ready to scrapbook, you can resize them as needed.

Resident
In response to dala

Don't know that they're particularly "auto" related, but I think the Tim Hotlz' sprockets might work as embellishments. I think they have a really "mechanical" feel to them.
Products Referenced in This Post:

susanlk
Veteran
susanlk
In response to oilbrat

I can tell you that it's going to be tough finding themed embellishments for this. I have a friend that wants to do a small book for her dad of an old car he refurbished. She's finding that there's very little out there. Like a previous poster said about finding images on the 'net, you may need to make/print your own embellishments. Color that coordinates with his Coupe may be a good alternative.

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH
In response to dala

Here's a few items. Hope that helps!
(Discontinued)

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to TriciaH

No insights -- but I want to commend you on a wonderful undertaking. They'll love it.

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to ncyankee

I saw some at Hobby Lobby.

shelwriter
Veteran
shelwriter
In response to livelovecreate86

Very cool ideas. I'm adding this to my fav topics to come back when I do some LOs for my hubby.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to dala

grease monkey

New Kid On the Block
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I would suggest going to a car delearship and grabbing a couple of car pamplets. That would really help your scrapbooking. Cut out the images and mount them on card stock or embellished paper. It will definetely look wonderful. A scrapbook is a great way to grieve. I think the kids will enjoy having the memories to look back on. Sorry for your loss.

------------------------- -------------------
Happy Scrapbooking,
TAE
www.sfscreatives.com

"A creative mind is rarely tidy."

Veteran
In response to SFScreatives

how about buying a model of the car and just using the box it came in? you could really embellish it and make it authentic looking - just an idea

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics