Page 1 of 135 
Username Post: ~*~OCTOBER~*~Anything Goes Challenge!!! POINTS LIST UP! Rockin' Out!!        (Topic#1516295)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

October is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to October's Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until October 10th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than October 15th. If you don't want to count points, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
311 S LASALLE ST APT 3H
DURHAM, NC 27705-3606

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
megannwalker@gmail.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after October 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on October 31st at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details. Going forward all pics, LOs and point details must be posted to the thread by the deadline which is Sunday 12 midnight PST.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw

4 – Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

5 –Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.) Daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout, card, or altered project.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 3 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

For all of our seasoned veterans, let me know on the thread or via pm if you are willing to help a newbie by being their buddy and working with them until they get the hang of the pts system.

For all the NEWBIES, let me know by posting on this thread or sending me a pm if you would like to have a buddy help you figure out points for your first few LOs, so you don't miss anything.

Then, I will get our volunteers paired up with a newbie and we can have a fun and smooth month!

Edited by iheartaslan on 10-11-09 06:08 AM. Reason for edit: NEW INFORMATION!! PLEASE READ!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~PLAYERS~*~
money received=

iheartaslan*buddy:pookie0 9 18/18 20340 pts GOAL MET!!! 23 DCs
2lilbugs 0/15
Margy*buddy:Croppin Momma 15/15 13475 pts GOAL MET!!! 25DCs
scrapriquez 14/35 9959pts
MommaSaid*buddy:00elly00 21/12 LO's 14193 PTS GOAL MET!!! 31 DCs
SwtTxt 10/10 7920 pts GOAL MET!!! 22 DCs
JayAndXansMom 10/10 GOAL MET!!!
senora_x*buddy:Nightenbel le 10/10 6883 ptsGOAL MET!!! 14 DCs
scrapinbabygal*buddy:Turt leLove 29/15 21945 pts GOAL MET!!! 29 DCs
MommyMarci 42/25 14708 pts GOAL MET!!! 23 DCs
Ladybeth 15/15 8791 pts GOAL MET!!! 13 DCs
AmandaTina 24/15 13425 pts GOAL MET!!! 31 DCs
B2Hearts 12/10 5505 pts GOAL MET!!!
-Jenn- 42/50 16375 pts
Nightenbelle*buddy:senora _x 23/15 10084 pts GOAL MET!!! 23 DCs
Quay*buddy:swonders 37/35 11371 pts GOAL MET!!! 7 DCs
swonders*buddy:Quay 0/10 2461 pts
blue elephant 19/20 7767 pts
kyttikate 0/15
traceyjean 0/10
April C. 11/10 4105 pts GOAL MET!!! 14 DCs

PRIZE MONEY:$152.00
Money Left Over From September:$1.55
TOTAL PRIZE MONEY:$153.55

~*~MOTIVATIONAL~*~
Robinbird79
Pookie09*buddy:iheartasla n 0/10
sgrcookie 10/27 1950 pts
Turtlehon
TurtleLove*buddy:scrapinb abygal 0/9
scrapn2 0/10
Kitty wOlf
00elly00*buddy:MommaSaid 0/15
Croppin Momma*buddy:Margy 0/10
Crystal B 0/
Fortunes Fool 0/20

Edited by iheartaslan on 11-03-09 11:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~CHALLENGES~*~
Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 350 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.
5. You MUST post the challenge by 10 AM EST (which is 7AM PST) OR post the challenge the night before, preferably after 9PM your time.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
OCTOBER
1-4 iheartaslan
5-11 Margy
12-18 2lilbugs
19-25 JayAndXansMom
26-31 iheartaslan

Thanks to Margy, Melanie, and Angie for volunteering to come up with our challenges!

~*~Daily Challenges~*~
Each day a new challenge will be posted. These challenges can be done at your own pace unless specified in the challange. These can easily be incorporated into any card or LO. You can take +10 pts for completing the challenge on the same day it was posted.

10/1:Set up your siggy and blog for the month. +125 pts Set up your siggy in color for +25 pts!
10/2:Make a LO that is 75% BROWN! +150 pts
10/3:Write a 75 word blog about your favorite memory from this summer. it can be in your sb.com blog or a personal blog, but it must have link to this forum. I prefer if you use your sb.com blog for this one entry so everyone who wishes to comment on it can, but it is not required. +100 pts BONUS:use your blog as the journaling on a LO for +50 pts.
10/4: Use this pagemap to make a page for +300 pts!

August 08 RoundMap by Pagemaps
By Iheartaslan
10/05: On October 5, 1962, the Beatle's first hit, "Love Me Do," was released into the UK. I am a huge fan of the Beatles! To celebrate, create a LO using a Beatle's song title as your page title for 150 points!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Beat les_songs
10/06:Create a LO using raw chipboard. I'll post some products to help you see what I'm talking about! Basically, I don't want you to decorate it at all with paint or embellishments, just the plain brown stuff, lol.

If you don't have raw chipboard you can create your own using the cardboard from cereal boxes or packaging materials, or you can pull apart a piece of decorated chipboard so that there is only the brown middle left!

150 points!
10/07: On October 6th, 1883 the Orient Express made its maiden voyage. On October 7th, 1919 the world’s oldest airline is established in Holland. To celebrate these new forms of transportation, use a transportation vehicle on your LO. It can be a bike, car, airplane, train, etc… It can be a sticker, photo, anything you want! 150 points!
10/8:10/08 – On October 8th, 1871 a cow overturns a lantern in a barn, causing the “Great Fire Of Chicago.” Also, October is known as Red October due to the Russian October Revolution of 1917 (Wikipedia.org). Create a LO with the color red on it somewhere! 135 points!
10/09: Do you know that October is Filipino American History month? Well you know, I am Filipino, and I had no idea. For today’s challenge, do a LO celebrating me! Just kidding, do a LO celebrating your heritage for 300 pts.
10/10: Today is Bring your Teddy Bear to work day! In celebration, do a LO with a teddy bear on it. This can be a photo (for instance if your darling is your teddy bear), or just some sort of teddy bear embellishment! 150 points.
10/11/2009: Today is National You Go Girl Day! Since there are no men in this challenge, today it is all aobut us! Do something nice for yourself today, and come on here and tell use what you are doing! 150 points.
10/12: It has been gray and gloomy here for the last three days. Do a LO that is 50% gray for 100 points.
10/13:Today is my husband's birthday! He loves all things "outdoors", so to help celebrate his birthday, do a LO involving something "outdoors" for 85 points. A few examples: hunting, fishing, a trip to the park, hiking, a walk, outdoor sports, etc.
10/14:Use at least three stamps on a LO for 75 points. They can be letters, shapes, anything is fine as long as it's a stamp.
10/15:Use some type of lace on a LO for 100 points. It can be regular lace, lace card stock, a border punch that looks like lace, etc.
10/16:Hand cut three DIFFERENT items on a LO for 85 points. They can be journaling strips, stamped images, a border, etc. Tell us what you have hand cut when you post your LO.
10/17:Use a heart on a card or LO for 65 points.
10/18:I love to make my own journaling blocks! Use a journaling block that you made yourself on a LO for 100 points.
10/19:Take double points for comments made today only!
10/20:This is a sketch I made last week. Use it to create a LO for +150 points!

Sketch By JayAndXansMom

10/21:Today my oldest son gets out of school early due to a teacher work day. So do a LO about a 'work day' around your house. This can be a LO about working in the yard, cleaning the house, pictures of hubby working on cars, kids cleaning their room, or pictures from where you actually work or anything similar! Have fun! +150 pts.
10/22:Right now there is a wish list contest going on here at sb.com. If you add new items to your wish list between now and Nov. 30, you are entered into the contest where you could win $400 towards the items in your wish list! So go and add some new items to your wish list and then link a few items here on the thread so we can drool over them! Have fun! +100 pts.
10/23:My family and I went to the fair last night. We LOVE going to the fair together and it's something we look forward to every year. Tell us about a special place you and your family look forward to going to every year! +100 pts
10/24:Take 85 points for being fabulous and because I'm super late in posting the challenge!
10/25:Take 75 pts for Angie's slackiness.
10/26:10/26:Take 1 bonus pt for each handstitch on your LO plus the 1 regular pt from the points list, so a total of 2 pts for each stitch up to 150 pts total (or 75 stitches).
10/27:I think I've had the same avatar for too long! Change your avatar for +135 pts!
10/28: Find your own way to promote the November Anything Goes Challenge for +100 pts. If you actually recruit someone to play who has not signed up yet take a bonus +50 pts!
10/29:Let's get moving on those acrylic albums! Take 30 pts per page uploaded up to 150 pts (5 pages)!
10/30:Mask 2 items for 150 pts!
10/31:Take 50 pts per LO uploaded today, 30 pts per card up to a total of 300 pts!

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by midnight PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

NEW RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

Picture Challenge

1.Your favorite greeting card that you saved all this time because you love it so much +30 pts
2.The sentiment inside the greeting card (what was written) +70 pts
3. Your favorite gift from a girl friend +75 pts
4. Your favorite heirloom +75 pts

Weekly Challenge

Since we are into this scraplifting thing, why don't we continue it. I remember one of us has some wedding pictures to start scrapping and Ash has BEAUTIFUL wedding LOs in her gallery--She has other beautiful LOs and altered projects in her gallery too. For this weeks challenge I want you to lift a LO or an altered item (not a card) from ColbyCheeseCat's Gallery for +350 pts.

~*~MONTHLY CHALLENGE~*~
10/1-10/31
Make an acrylic album...any size, any shape, any kind you want! It must have 6 pages. For +500 pts!
Make a 2nd acrylic album with 8 pages for +500 pts!

****I AM POSTING THIS CHALLENGE EARLY IN CASE ANYONE NEEDS TO GO OUT AND GET OR ORDER AN ACRYLIC ALBUM.****
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by iheartaslan on 10-31-09 06:30 PM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

HERE IS A BONUS POINTS OPPORTUNIY:
If you get your money in to me by the 5th of October take +300 pts,
if you get the money in to me by the 10th of October take +200 pts,
and if you get the money in to me by the 15th of October (the due date) take +100 pts!

~*~POINTS LIST~*~
LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, eyelet, button, staple, brad, paper clip, grommet, jewel, pearl, metal clips, etc.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch
- PER die-cut item (shape, letter, number, etc.)

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 5 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image (not including letters or numbers)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber used
- PER 3D flower
- PER type of bling
- PER bling shape
- PER color of stickles or paint used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER rub on shape or word(border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER challenge on sb.com that your LO was created for (must tell what challenge(s) it was created for)
- PER color of ink or glimmer mist used
- PER type of distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using chipboard shapes or letters/numbers
- for using die cut shapes or letters/numbers
- for using a punch
- for using flourishes/swirls
- for using ghost shapes, ghost letters, transparencies, or vellum
- for non-scrapbook items used on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using circles on your LO
- for using felt or fabric
- for using foam or vinyl
- for using metal items
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for using ink, stickles, glimmer mist, or paint
- for using chalk or embossing on your layout or card
- for doodling
- for using the following themes: Halloween; family activities; YOU
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER layout about yourself
- PER mini-album created (may still take points per page)
- PER altered item created
- PER hand quilled item (not quilled stickers!)
- for machine sewing
- for using scraps
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com or using a pagemap/sketch (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with http://-- cannot take points without link)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than two months old
- PER black & white, sepia toned, or colored picture (ex. a pic made blue or purple)

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics
- for picture with someone less than 5 years old OR older than 50 in it

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 400 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 450 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

1 POINT:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to gallery and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any new BLOG entry (NO POINTS FOR UPDATING A BLOG) (MUST have a link to this forum)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points

Edited by iheartaslan on 09-29-09 10:44 PM. Reason for edit: Added the points list!

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to Megan Ann

I'm in again, of course

I would love to do a week of challenges if you are doing that again. I'm easy as far as dates go.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to 2lilbugs

YAY! Glad to have you Melanie! I will get you a week of challenges, no prob!

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 09-23-09 09:36 AM
In response to Megan Ann

I'm in! If you need me to do a week of challenges I will, any week but October 13-19, because I have a final that week!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Margy

Awesome Margy! Glad to have you back! I will get you a week of challenges that is not during your finals!

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to Megan Ann

Count me in ladies. Not sure if I am going to do motivational or pay this month though. All depends on my sons progress. Right now it's not looking that good, but I need to be here too to keep some sanity!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to SplendidMoments

Sign me up for another month as well, please! I'll put my goal at 12 LO's this month. I thought I'd have 15 done in no time this go 'round and I seem to be using the entire month to meet it. 12 for October sounds good.

Robinbird79
Diva
Robinbird79
In response to MommaSaid

Just sign me up as motivational this month, Megan.

I can't seem to get myself to do anything lately (well, lately would cover almost a year now).

LezPOOKIE09
Guru
LezPOOKIE09
In response to Robinbird79

Megan-
i want do it this again. i still doing as motviation player .. smile..

SwtTxT
SwtTxT 
Guru
SwtTxT
In response to LezPOOKIE09

I am in this month again for 10 los. I am not sure if I will pay or play motivational. I should have done motivational my first month while I learned the ropss! Oh well it has been FUN and I am sure October will be too.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to LezPOOKIE09

I would really like to join this challenge. Need some motivation. Please put me down for 10 LO's.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to Croppin Momma

How many points is everything worth? This is my first time doing this.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• Croppin Momma Said:
How many points is everything worth? This is my first time doing this.

The points list for October will be posted on September 30th. But check out the points list on the September thread. It will stay pretty much the same with a few changes. If there is anything you want to see points for don't be afraid to speak up! Here's the link to September:
September AGC

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• Croppin Momma Said:
I would really like to join this challenge. Need some motivation. Please put me down for 10 LO's.

Welcome Nicole! All the ladies are really nice and helpful so feel free to ask any questions and jump right in on the chatter! There are some great challenges to motivate you, so I'm sure you will have a fun month!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to SplendidMoments

• scrapriguez Said:
Count me in ladies. Not sure if I am going to do motivational or pay this month though. All depends on my sons progress. Right now it's not looking that good, but I need to be here too to keep some sanity!

So good to see you here Karen! I hope your son gets well soon so you can play with us. Take care of yourself and your family and we will be here for you when you need a release!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Megan Ann

I'm in!

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to JayAndXansMom

that week is perfect Megan!!! My hubby will be at deer camp, so I'll have one less kid, just kidding Still a perfect week tho...

Page 1 of 135 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics