Page 1 of 18 
Username Post: October ~~~~ BUDGET BUYING ~~~~ Closed and Active!!!        (Topic#1516361)
StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Here it is again, the October budget challenge....to help us stay within limits on our scrappy buying!!!

The rules: List your budget for the month of October that you want to spend on scrappy goodies!!! Then, LIST the items that are definites that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, list or impulse, but you must buy and have me mark off at least half of the items that you list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc.

Please tell me how much you spent throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items you want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ----------------
Stephanie (Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic): $160.00 - 165.50 = -$5.50 BUSTED!
List: stamps, glimmer mist, organization stuff, punches, pp, ink, flowers, paint, swirlydoos kit

Holly (CommaHolly): $100.00 - 41.00 = $59.00
List: CS, card pack, lace, ribbon

00elly00: $150.00 - 79.00 = $71.00
List: stickles, stamp pads,ribbon, border punch, corner punch, alpha stickers.

Kim (Scrapingbliss): $200.00 - 128.00 = $72.00
List: Swirlydoos Kit, flowers, ink, crackle paint, cricut mat, stamps

Tante (johnsusan8): $250.00 - 131.00 = $119.00
List: class, kit, pp

Zanne (ZanneScraps): $75.00
List: Maya Mists, MRd. chandelier beads, WP Nature's Storyteller and WP embellies for Postcards in Paris and Nature's Storyteller, Lily Bee

Lisa (lstory): $200.00 - 235.50 = -$35.50 BUSTED!!
List: My Creative Scrapbook kit, template, punch

Yvonne (daintydiva2): $150.00 - 323.00 = -$173.00BUSTED!
List: Graphic 45 paper, alcohol inks, clear UTEE, distress crackle paint-rock candy.

Mandi (Briannasmom): $75.00 - 67.52 = $7.48
List: 3 Scrap magazines, leaves

Megan (iheartaslan): $100.00 - 80.00 = $20.00BUSTED!!
List: Basic Grey, a glimmer mist or two, stickles, some bling - preferably in flourish form, Tim Holtz distress inks, and some more Bazzill Basics stitching templates

Patricia (pookie09): $50.00 - 16.00 = $34.00
List: silk flowers, more ribbons , stickles and Floss threads with different colors

Jana (llprncess3): $150.00 - 89.40 = $60.60
List: Stampin Up order, stickles v.2, stamps

Nonny (nonnysbooks): $150.00 - 64.50 = $85.50BUSTED!
List: Cuttlebug storage binder, ATG Gun, ATG tape

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StarsNSparkles

My budget (subject to change) is $160.00

My list:
stamps, glimmer mist, organization stuff, punches, pp, ink, flowers, paint, swirlydoos kit

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'm INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! !!

I want to make sure that that is KNOWN because last month I think I lost my mind,,,,,,,,

everyone has my back right???? If I think I am losing my mind again,,,,,,

remind me,,,,,,,lol,,,,,I did come here and sign in

I'm going down on the budget this month, I HAVE TO get some holiday shopping done!'

so,,,,,having said that,,,100.00

I need a day to think about the list thought,,,,,I think it's going to be things for gifts for the holidays,,,,,,I really need to get a move on there,,,,,

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to CommaHolly

2nd on the list Holly....not to be forgotten this month!!!

And....we've always got your back!!!

00elly00
Idol
00elly00

I'm here again! I love this challenge. I'm going to stay at $150 I may even spend that much this month. need time to figure out list.

Also a question: Do blades for paper trimmers count towards the budget?

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to 00elly00

Of course I'm back.

200.00 again...minus 54.00 off the top for Swirlydoo kit and flower add-on so that takes me to 146.00.

I'll come back with a list later

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Scrapingbliss

Yes, I believe the trimmer blades count against the budget...correct me if I'm wrong peoples

lstory 
Mayor

I say yeah to the trimmer blades. It's boring but it does count as scrappy supplies - not like you're going to use it for anything else!

Lisa

P.S. I'm in again, at $200 again, and a list to come shortly.

00elly00
Idol
00elly00
In response to lstory

Okay I just thought that maybe it was a staple item like adhesives.
I will be picking those up tomorrow hopefully

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks
In response to 00elly00

I'm in, but I need to think about my budget amount and my list for October. Really want to try hard not to bust the budget in October.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to nonnysbooks

I'm with you Nonny...I haven't busted but once before I think...maybe not once, someone will have to remind you. I like staying within my budget. I upped mine a little more to cover my Swirlydoos kit & flower add on.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Elly - I think I had to count my guillotine cutter when I bought it...so I think blades count. But here, we take general consensus...so everyone else will be piping in with their decisions.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

I think it should count.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

hmmmmmmmmmmm blades is a tough one,,,,

we don't count adhesive,,,,,,

so why should we count blades???

OTOH,,,,,,paper ITSELF is a necessity for goodness sake if we're going to get technical about it, right???????

so we have to draw the line SOMEWHERE, lol, or everything we BUY could be counted as a necessity,,,,

but blades are not a FUN necessity,,,,like paper,,,,,,

so I dunno,,,,,

I'm leaning towards they are more in the adhesive department,,,,

a necessary evil like adhesive that you'd MUCH RATHER spend your $$ on something else, so why should they count????????

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

why is it again we don't count adhesive?????

we count other necessities like cricut and sil mats, etc,,,,,,,,,,,blades now,,,

I've never understood that,,,,,

lol, not that my budget doesnt appreciate it

I've just never understood the rationalization hoops we jumped through to get to that point that adhesive didn't count

lstory 
Mayor

I said it should count, but I'm really pretty lukewarm about it. Just a plain blade, though, right? No deckle edges, pinking, or whatever else?

I guess I still lean slightly toward counting.

Lisa

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to lstory

I usually count adhesive anyway...it all comes from my budget one way or another! LOL

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scrapingbliss

well that's a good point, Lisa, lol,,,,

decorative blades are definately a wholllllllle different matter

but if we get into BLADES not counting,,,,,,

then we get into mats not counting, lol,,,

where exactly do we draw the scrappy line in the tacky sand,,,,,,,er, so to speak???????

hmmmmmmm???

LOL,,,,,,okiedokie,,,,,,s o I have had too much sleep today

and I just got the deal of the century on Evilbay and I am a weeeeeeeeee bit stoked

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I'm in again and I'm upping my budget again, just to have the nice feeling I had in June when I stayed within budget!

Budget $250 and list - Class, kit, pp, and edge punch.

I think Adhesive was exempt because you absolutely can't scrap without some kind of adhesive (Correct me if I'm wrong!). There are other things we can't scrap without, like paper, but when has anyone gotten down to the bottom of their stash of other stuff? I think blades should count in the budget. If you were adamant about staying within your budget, you'd put off doing that particular lo or you'd find some other embellie or you'd find a different way to cut something out. IMO

00elly00
Idol
00elly00
In response to johnsusan8

so blades are a part of the budget. Thats fine with me!

Page 1 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics