Username Post: Embossing        (Topic#1516439)
redhatcardmaker
Veteran
redhatcardmaker

how can I add color to my embossing,trying to make it just pop out more?

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to redhatcardmaker

You can buy different colored embossing powders, you can also find some that have glitter.

redhatcardmaker
Veteran
redhatcardmaker
In response to livelovecreate86

But how do I use it?is there a Youtube on this?

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86

you have to use a stamp glue pad, stamp your image, then pour the embossing powder over the stamped image. you will need a heat gun, hold it over the image until the powder melts.

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to livelovecreate86

redhatcardmaker, are you talking about adding color to dry embossing?

You could use a sponge and dab ink to the top of the embossing. You can also put ink in the embossing folder as well, if that's what you're using. Dye ink should wipe right off the folder after.

If you're talking about heat embossing, you should be stamping with Versamark or pigment ink, which stay wet long enough to hold onto the embossing powder so it can melt. Then hold the heat gun about 5 inches away, keep it moving slightly, and as soon as the powder melts, move to the next area.

There are also embossing markers (like the versamarker). This would be great if you just wanted to add a little bit of embossing to an image. You would stamp with a waterbased dye ink, let it dry, then use your embossing marker to add some embossing ink to certain areas, sprinkle your powder, then heat as above.

redhatcardmaker
Veteran
redhatcardmaker
In response to GreenDragonLady

Oh my this sound like a lot of work,i have never done this before,I know how to use my cuttlebug to emboss,the sponge sounds like something I might could do,i might could understand it better if I saw it.

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady

OK, I use sponge daubers like these shown below. You tap them on your ink pad, then on your project. They're pretty small, so the ink should stay on top of the embossing.

To ink the folder, you can either use a brayer to pick up ink from an ink pad then roll it on the inside of the top part and the ink would not go in the holes, so the raised part would be the paper color and the non-raised part would be the ink color. Or you can put ink in the holes and wipe it from the rest of the folder. That would put ink on the raised parts and not on the flat parts.

Products Referenced in This Post:

redhatcardmaker
Veteran
redhatcardmaker

Green dragon Lady thank you so much that help me a lot!

pjangel
Diva
pjangel

Once you start embossing with glitter etc.. you are hooked...check with one of your local crafts stores she is they will give you a demostration

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady

• redhatcardmaker Said:
Green dragon Lady thank you so much that help me a lot!

I'm glad I could help a little. I hope to see some of your creations!

vickyp
vickyp 
New Kid On the Block
vickyp

Hi! You can go to these links on youtube and learn everything you need to know about embossing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi-Q170YvjY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ8ClaAu68s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7BZxj3Wcnc

redhatcardmaker
Veteran
redhatcardmaker
In response to vickyp

Vickyp thanks so much!this really helps.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics