Username Post: Baby boy supply questions        (Topic#1516521)
New Kid On the Block

I'm a beginning scrapbooker and I have a year old son. I've completed three layouts but I need to buy some stuff to really crank out some pages. I want to buy paper for his pictures (birth till a year) and I'm not sure what to get. I've seen the Nana's Nursery Baby Boy and I think I like it, but does anyone else have any recommendations? Also, is there a must have tool I should get? I have a nice paper cutter. Thanks!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to Coles_mom

dcwvTry the superstore here at sb.com - it'll show you papers, albums, embellies and companies who stock them. That should give you an idea what's out there. I love anything that's double sided - that way you get two patterns for the price of one!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Sarah-Scraps on 09-26-09 08:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Sarah-Scraps

i suggest looking over your pics and see what is common. a color, a theme, etc. then you can buy paper and embellies based on that.

my son just turned a year last week. before he was born i bought a lot of the cutesy baby paper and stickers. if i made 3 LOs with them that was a lot. I kept using regular paper, lots of solid colors (blue, brown, red, white) and generic embellies like ribbon, circle and star brads.

but that is me. other people like using the baby theme items more.

whatever you buy, make sure you have enough adhesive. that is easy to run out of. and the "feet" punch is a good one too.

Baby Boy By Lamoo12

Diaper Doody By Lamoo12

Peek-a-boo... I found you! By Lamoo12

Fatigue makes the best Pillow By Lamoo12

mr scrunchy face By Lamoo12

i hope some of that helps.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Lamoo12

Thanks lamoo and Sara-Scraps. Lamoo you really got me thinking about just using regular paper. I have stickers, ribbon and brads and I'm comfortable using those, so maybe I should just stick to that. I've been pretty caught up with the idea of getting "baby" paper, but I really like clean and simple layouts the best. I think I'll go with what I have already (I have some individual sheets of baby themed paper) and just keep it simple. At this point, I just want to complete some layouts. Thanks again!

Daddys_baby_girl
Tenant
Daddys_baby_girl
In response to Coles_mom

Debbie Mumm has an adorable baby boy collection as does K&Company.

I have been using both collections.
I have added what I use and have in my collection.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Daddys_baby_girl

You may try looking in the gallery to see baby boy pages to see what others have done.

Although these are not layouts per say, you can perhaps get some ideas from a gift I made my dd when she was expecting my first grandchild (it was a boy!!!!). I did not have lots of baby themed paper...I stuck to baby boy colors and then used stickers etc to embellish. A good tip is to stick stickers on to chipboard and then cut them out and apply a foam dot to the back to apply to your project (adds more depth than just sticking on a sticker) You can see the project HERE

Oh and welcome to SB.com!

ratspeech_415979
Tenant
ratspeech_415979
In response to gg loves Matthew

this is a really good thread

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to ratspeech@yahoo.com

glad i could help. i'm looking forward to seeing the LOs you create.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 10-04-09 08:41 AM
In response to Lamoo12

For the most part you don't really need baby-themed paper. I have two boys, a newborn and a two-year-old, and I think I've only done 1 layout that used baby paper. I'll post that one below. For the most part, I just use boy colors. I tend to look for embellies that are animal themed, nature themed or more masculine, like stars or circles.

I use star and heart punches a lot. I have a circle punch in every size and often include circles on my boy pages.

Layout with baby paper:

5 Months
By IzzyB

Baby page without baby paper:

Three Days Old
By IzzyB

~ Izzy

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to IzzyB

Another vote for regular (as opposed to baby-themed) paper. It's so much more versatile and will grow with your son. Here's a typical layout from my son's baby album:

First Solid Food By Cindy312

Cindy

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 10-05-09 11:49 PM
In response to Coles_mom

When I started this hobby, I bought tons of baby themed pp and you know what? I HATE IT!!!, now I have a huge box filled with that pp and I'll donate it because I rather to use pp that does not look too baby-ish, it just depends on your personality, and what kind of style do you like the most. I have 2 boys and my favorite brands are Fancy pants design, Cosmo Cricket, Create paper, Sassafras lass and October afternoon, they really have great collections for boys.You can search by brand/theme/color/etc here at the superstore.
BTW!!!Welcome to the neighborhood, I can't wait to see your LOs!!!

weekend scrapper
Pro
weekend scrapper
In response to naf

I agree with the other posters. When I do LOs of my baby nephew, I use lots of stripes and polka dots, not baby paper. That way you can use a few cute baby embellishments.

Veteran
In response to weekend scrapper

try your local scrapbooking store - lots of ideas and lots of diffrent products

lstory 
Mayor
In response to drpayne

Here's a thread from the summer on boy layouts:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15085...

Lisa

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics