Page 7 of 563 
Username Post: Delete        (Topic#1516637)
StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to kreations

No...you do NOT want a SIL that you do NOT like...but you may wish for a SIL that you can like!!! My DH has his sister on a pedestal...no matter how cra*ppy she treats our family, he will still run to her beck & call!!!

To add friends, go to that persons profile (click on their name above their pic), then click add as friend...tada...done! I think we are already friends Tracey

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to StarsNSparkles

Oh no...look what I started with the SIL comment! LOL! I am glad I'm not the only one to feel this way. Maybe on a slow day we can swap stories. : )

I'm in IL. Anyone else close to me?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Jaycie6

I'm in southern IL...close to Carbondale/Marion area...how about you?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Sorry Mel...I won't ask you to go into all of that...it must be very painful...plus...I wouldn't want you to get kicked off the site!!!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Need you guys to cross your fingers for my sil. She is a very nice lady, been through a lot. She and her ex-dh tried to get pregnant for several years and couldn't. They tried drugs, IUI, IVF you name it. Unfortunately their marriage fell apart (there were a few other stressors there, too). She is now engaged to a military guy from the UK, so they only get to see each other every few months. Sil is nearly 40, so she has kind of given up on the whole having kids thing. Anyhow, I'm not supposed to know (but there are never any secrets in dh's family lol), but she got a positive hcg test. She's preggers! She will make an amazing mother, and I am thrilled for them. I am also praying like crazy that everything goes ok...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Dancing Queen

Oh...I will pray too!!!! I really hope this works for her!!! I hate it when someone wants a child so badly...and can't get pregnant!!! Except my SIL...she can't get pregnant...but she is a witch...so it serves her right...that is mean and I'm sorry

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Stephanie...remind me never to get on your bad side!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-29-09 04:39 PM
In response to cpowife

• cpowife Said:
Twice a week i clean the house. Scrub down everything, etc. The rest of the week I spend maybe an hour (if that) straightening up to keep it clean.

Every morning I go through probably 8 to 10 sheets of lint roller tape on my pillow and the sheets. With the two cats and Stormy, the long hair, thinks she has to sleep on my pillow. And Peanut, well he is usually under the covers!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-29-09 04:48 PM
In response to KimKV

My husbands brother's wife and I usd to be super close. The when we back to Missouri this past August to visit, some junk happened and things just started getting all stupid and she pulled her I now everything and you know nothing about anything. She brought up junk from 20 years ago and just crazy junk. Anyway, it will most likely be an extremely cold day in before I speak to her again!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to KimKV

That is such an inspiring story about your SIL Tracy! We have been trying to get pregnant for about 15 months with no luck. There is no medical reason yet... I have my next apt on oct 15th, so I'm hoping to get more answers then. Prayers are always appreciated.

I have 3 living SIL's. One passed away while my DH was in Afghanistan 2 years ago. (He is in the Army.) We are not super close with any of them, we are all in different states, and they are all at least 10 years older than us... but I don't have a problem with any of them (thank-goodness!!!) Sounds like problematic SIL's can be a pain in the booty! :P

Edited by happygirl08 on 09-29-09 05:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

I'm just realizing how lucky I am with my inlaws. I like both of dh's sisters, and I also like my brother's wife. Hopefully I'm not the wicked SIL,

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to Dancing Queen

I spent a lot of time today looking up information on embossing, therefore I did not do a single bit of scrapbooking. If I didnt own a computer I think I would get a lot more scrapbooking done.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to TiggerPooh2380

Did you get your questions answered about embossing? Are you dry embossing or heat embossing. I would be willing to try to answer any questions that you might have.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

• StaceyE Said:
Stephanie...remind me never to get on your bad side!!!

Hey Stacey...don't get on my bad side

I'm not really a mean person, I've just had it with her!!! I've tried more than once to be her friend and to let things go again and again...but I'm done with her. I don't have time for people who are full of hate.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I'm just starting wet embossing...ordered the powder, order a versamark stamp pad...then realized today the stamp pad is only a 1" cube, so I need to find inks. Someone mentioned stampin up spots...is that good...or do you recommend something else?

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to creater1

Apparently not a whole lot, I only seen a little about heat embossing, and thought it was the only type. In order to do it, you need stamps and stuff tho right? I was hoping the only supplies I would need was a heat gun and embossing powder...lol

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to TiggerPooh2380

embossing is awesome, you have to have a pigment ink they are have a glycerin base to the powder will stick and melt. You can not use a dye based ink or a permanent ink. Things like versa mark, colorbox, brillance etc. Watch for the word pigment and you will be fine. You can get a clear ink pad and buy colored embossing powders or colored inks and clear powders or gold with gold, red with red for deeper and richer colors. I like to use detail embossing powder if I am doing a very delicate design otherwise things get bulky and not so sharp. I also like to just smear my ink directly onto say like a piece of chipboard then apply powder and heat. If I want it to be super shiney or thick I will dip it again while it is still hot and do another coat. You can emboss metal pieces like brads. You just have to be careful not to burn yourself. I take a brad heat it then dip into my embossing powder and it almost melt immediately. If I need another coat just heat again dip again. It is really like powder coating on custom wheels and other things. HTH

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to creater1

Thanks for the info Jackie...that'll help me to find some inks. I bought 3 packs of the a la mode embossing powders, so I guess I need a clear stamp pad...maybe just a bigger versamark.

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to kreations

Hi girls. Bloodwork went fine so hopefully the results are fine as well.

I took DD in with me to Target(FIL sat in the car) and she loved it.

I have things to do but I don't have the energy too.

I need my hair cut and I still trying to figure out when to fit it in.

How about this. I get a letter in the mail today and here DD new OT wants to come tomorrow at 1PM. I get a letter the day before and I never got a phone call or anything to even ask what day would be good. How nice.

I mean what do they think. Just becuase I am a stay at home,do they think we are always home or have no where to go. I left a message and told her it was not a good day.DD has a dr appt with her heart dr at that same time. I can't reschedule that. I also said that I really didnt like getting a letter in the mail the day before and never a phone call to even ask.

The reason why me and MIL get along well is becuase we love to shop. FIL and I get along becuase of EMS. I don;t talk to my mother anymore. Had a falling out with her about 3 years ago. My father on the other side well it's a odd thing. Long story.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

I'm glad that the blood test went good and I have been praying, so I will continue to pray that the results come back just fine!!!

Hey all...have you guessed yet that I like to talk?? LOL!!! Sorry for those of you having a hard time staying caught up...please don't feel like it is necessary to do so...if you just want to flip through and see if anyone has added LOs...that is fine!

You know...I just got my hair cut a little while ago and I'm kind of wishing I hadn't. I get it cut real short and now, I am ready to try something different...lol...but I guess I will just wait for it to grow again.

Page 7 of 563 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics