Username Post: Travel Bug Alaskans        (Topic#1517235)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-03-09 12:51 PM

Hi,

I'm looking forward to chatting with fellow Alaskans who love to travel. I live in Anchorage and have been scrapbooking for a long time but my first love to travel anywhere!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to AK Teddy Bear

I live in Eagle River. I just got back from going on a cruise to Mexico though.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-20-10 10:37 AM
In response to silver26AK

Sorry I haven't responded earlier. I just got back from a two week cruise in the Caribbean. We had such a wonderful time and wasn't looking forward to coming back to the cold. Glad to see a fellow Alaskan!

What are we going to do now that Memories in Anchorage is closing?

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

It's nice to get out on those cruises during the winter isn't it. My family and I just did a cruise to Mexico the beginning of January. I am so sad about MTAM. I was hoping someone else would take it over but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I guess we'll be ordering a lot more stuff on scrapbook.com

mountaingirl83
Resident
mountaingirl83

I live in Anchorage and am also very disappointed they closed. I only just found the store too! Missed most of the closing sale but its OK cause we were in Maui! When I'm in the valley I enjoy stopping by the two sb stores that I know of there.

mountaingirl83
Resident
mountaingirl83
In response to mountaingirl83

AK Teddy Bear, where all have you traveled?

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

I have not been to the sb stores in the valley. I don't know where they are located and don't know my way around there very well.

mountaingirl83
Resident
mountaingirl83

Craft Garden is on Bogard, haven't been there in a while so hopefully they are still open. And Scraptique is in a strip mall off the Parks Hghwy by Shoprite. The owner is getting ready to expand her scrapping area for crops! Keep hoping to make it to one!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

Thanks. I'll have to check out Scraptique.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-05-10 01:57 PM

Sorry work was getting in the way. Hi Mountain Girl. Thanks for the information on the stores in the Valley. I went to one years ago called Scrap Basket. Is it still open?

As far as my travels, I got back from the Caribbean. We go at least once a year. I have hit every island in the Caribbean except St. Kitts, St. Croix, and Martinique. I have been to Korea, Japan, Fiji, and .....Canada!

How about you?

Did any one go to the Running of the Reindeers on Saturday? It was so funny. Who knew the reindeers could run so fast.

Take care and it was good meeting you.

Hey Erin, how's it going?

Terri

mountaingirl83
Resident
mountaingirl83

Hi Terri and Erin, nice meeting both of you! Didn't mean to be one sided on asking about the traveling,sorry. Erin where have you traveled? Terri, sounds like a lot of great places I'm jealous! I can also say that Canada is on my list, cause we drove through it lol, although I wouldn't mind spending some time there. Germany when I was about 2 so doesn't really count oh well. Would like to go back and spend quite a bit of time in Europe. Went to Jamaica a few years ago, awesome! Hawaii a couple times now! Thats it so far, except for the states. Can't wait to do more traveling St. Croix is on our list, hopefully will be our next trip!
Didn't make it to the running heard it was great fun though!
I am pretty sure the scrap basket is closed If you ever make it out to the valley you should definitely try to check them out.
Great meeting both of you and look forward to any future conversations!

Kayla

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-08-10 09:58 AM

Hey Erin,

Sorry I didn't mean to ignore you but I have been sick. I hate being sick!

Your travels sound fun. Did you find that once you went to the Caribbean that Hawaii wasn't all that great? I did. I like the people, the beaches , and the laidbackness (is that a word?) of the Caribbean better than the chaos of Hawaii.

Have a great day.

Terri

mountaingirl83
Resident
mountaingirl83

I found Jamaica (mostly Negril) to be very touristy and busy. I'm sure other areas of the Caribbean aren't that way though! I'll take any of it though, its so nice to get out during the winter!

Hope you are feeling better!

Was out in the valley on Thursday and yes the Craft Garden is closed down. The sign in the door said to watch for a clearance sale in the next few weeks. Hoping to catch that. Stopped at Scraptique and they are working on expanding and expecting a new shipment of stuff this next week!

Hope all is well! Kayla

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-17-10 04:15 PM

Kayla,

Where is Scraptique located in the valley? What is going on with all the stores closing? Arrrgh!

Terri

mountaingirl83
Resident
mountaingirl83

Sorry Terri, started back to work so I haven't been on here much. Scraptique is located in the Shoprite Center Mall 483 W. Parks Hghwy. Hope that helps! I know completely frustrating having only one now!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-27-10 09:42 AM

Arrgh! I didn't go to crops because I work on Saturday but I liked going on Mondays and seeing what others were doing. Do you know if someone is organizing a "support group?" I can order bazzill paper on the internet but it was always better to have the selection and pick the right color. I hope someone opens one in Anchorage soon!

Thanks for the directions. Do you know if they are open on Monday?

Terri

Edited by AK Teddy Bear on 03-27-10 09:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mountaingirl83
Resident
mountaingirl83

I just called their number and it gave the hours as Mon-Sat 10-6. So hope it is accurate info, horrible to drive all the way out there and them not be open. If you are more likely to go to Palmer, I just went into the Stamp Cache for the first time and they have some scrapping stuff! And of course lots of stamps. I know where I will most likely be trying to go on my lunch breaks! Not sure what a support group is exactly, sounds great though!
Kayla

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

Hi

Sorry I've been missing for awhile. How was everyone's NSD weekend? I did most of the challenges on here that day but didn't win anything. Now I'm going to try to do the week long challenge in hopes of winning one of the last 2 prizes. Should be fun.

I used to live in Europe when I was little, like 4 and 5 so we traveled around there then. I've been to Mexico twice but that's really about it, other than some of the states and a little bit in Canada.

I still haven't made it over to check out Scraptique but hopefully I will sometime this summer. Did you know that MTAM's online store is up? They don't sell products but they are selling mini album kits. I bought one and will be picking it up this week, so I'm excited. Well I hope everyone is out enjoying the sunny weather. I will talk to you later

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-15-10 09:42 AM

Hey Erin,

I got an email from MTAM and said that they were doing mini albums. Let us know how you liked the kits.

I haven't been on in ages. Sorry. I have been travelling all over the state doing training - Skagway, Haines, Juneau and the Alcan border. I get to stay home for three weeks and then off to West Virginia. I like to travel but lately, it has been almost too much. I haven't even been into my craft room in four weeks! I'm having withdrawals!!!!

Hope everyone is well. Spring is here finally!!!!

Terri

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics