Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Cricut has competition coming....        (Topic#1517309)
gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

This is a new machine I read about......you can see this on you tube video and if you want to know more probably can google their website. No cutting matts required and uses SD cards (like the kind in your digital camera) It comes in pretty colors too! (no I do not sell for them...just want you gals to see what you might want on your xmas list this year! lol!)

CRAFTWELL PERSONAL CUTTING SYSTEM

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to gg loves Matthew

I watched the video...my question is this...without the cutting MAT, how exactly does it cut????

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

wow!! I have never seen anything that I would want to trade my baby bug for..not even the other cricuts but this is AWESOME!!! I want it lol! hmm now I bet it's like 700$!

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to BlingQueenRia

I wonder if you can load in smaller than 12" papers, you know, papers you've already used part of.... then cut on what's left? I'd think that would be part of the system, even the personal cricut you can do that. I think I'll stay with my Cricut for awhile and let the glitches get worked out of this one first.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I watched the video...my question is this...without the cutting MAT, how exactly does it cut????

I found this on the site when I was looking for a price

Is it true about no cutting mat? Yes. Our unique cutter design holds the paper securely without the need for a cutting mat. No more mess, fuss or risk of tearing when removing material from a mat.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to sweet1

The only difference I see between this and the cricut is not having to use a mat?! Am I missing something??

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to ShaylaCreations

• ShaylaCreations Said:
wow!! I have never seen anything that I would want to trade my baby bug for..not even the other cricuts but this is AWESOME!!! I want it lol! hmm now I bet it's like 700$!

It is supposed to be between 250 and 400 depending on which model you get. I have heard it will cut all TTF fonts, let you design your own shapes and it will take SD cards with images alreay on it if you don't want to create your own. It seems like a cross between Cricut and Silhouette/Wishblade. I have a silhouette otherwise I would consider it.

TWINSPLUS1
Resident
TWINSPLUS1
In response to CorrieW

SEEMS COMPLICATED.

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to TWINSPLUS1

Looks interesting!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to CorrieW

• CorrieW Said:
  • ShaylaCreations Said:

It is supposed to be between 250 and 400 depending on which model you get. I have heard it will cut all TTF fonts, let you design your own shapes and it will take SD cards with images alreay on it if you don't want to create your own. It seems like a cross between Cricut and Silhouette/Wishblade. I have a silhouette otherwise I would consider it.

I just read that, but what do they mean just the different colors or do they have some that do different things?
I just like that you can cut true fonts and make your own designs without buying extra stuff! plus the size is an upgrade.. I never thought the expressions was worth the extra money for the features.

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to ShaylaCreations

oh wow!!! I want one!!!!!! lol. I'm SOLD!!! I sold my Cricut because the carts were so expensive and I hated the cutting mats. I got the slice, which I LOVEEEEE! But this looks like another must have for me!!! hehehehe

Resident

I've been watching this, too. I love the looks of it. I wish the more expensive/heavy duty ones came in the pretty colors, though.
I love my Slice, but I can definitely see me getting one of these. I've never wanted one I can only use hooked up to my computer, but this one can do both. I'm VERY excited about it.
Also, it looks like it has a similary screen to the Slice. Not complicated at all.
I figure by the time I've save for and bought myself a new laptop, any bugs will be worked out of this thing, and I can get it guilt free!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-04-09 12:14 PM
In response to Erin in Okc

I think I will have to see more examples of this machine. Looks interesting. Also like asked above, what if I have smaller pieces of paper???

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to KimKV

Very interesting.

ReginaOklaScrapper
Expert
ReginaOklaScrapper
In response to dotfree

hmmmm....I think I have just added this to my b-day and Christmas list. I have been wanting a cutting system but haven't been able to make up my mind until now what I think I would use the most.

GlitterBomb84
Veteran
GlitterBomb84
In response to ReginaOklaScrapper

I have the small original cricut and a Slice, but I may have to add this machine to my arsenal! I had seen it before when I went to the Scrapbook Expo in Chicago, they had a showing as well, but seeing it again just reminded me of how wow'd I was in August!

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30

Thanks for sharing gg loves matthew!!!!

Bronte10
Veteran
Bronte10
In response to Thaiti30

This is interesting!
I think I'll need to see more....but I do like the idea of "no mats required"

Cheers,
Steph

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Bronte10

Looks pretty awesome!

shells22
Diva
shells22
In response to JayAndXansMom

Looks very interesting and I like the no mat requirement. But I have invested quite a bit inot m cricut so it makes it very hard to justify buying something new. I'll wait and see how it everyone likes it and if it is as easy as it looks.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics