Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: 80's colors        (Topic#1517413)
Tenant

I'm doing a scrapbook page about being an 80's child (well mostly I was born in the late 70's) and am having memory issues thinking of colors that were popular. I remember neon green and pink. What other color combo's are totally 80's?

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to JokeySmurf

i remember some oranges.. but neon anything!

electric blue!!!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 10-05-09 06:17 PM
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

Definitely purple, hot pink and aqua! Really any neon version of basic colors like green, yellow, pink, blue, purple, etc. Electric colors like that paired with black or gray were hot then, too. This sounds like a fun page!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to JokeySmurf

- pink, green, yellow, blue, black & white
- rhinestones, diamonds, bling
- cupcakes, fruit, cherries
- music, dancing, music notes
- punk, new wave, breakdancing, rock, rap
- movies
- clothes, jeans, jelly shoes, double-laces
- big hair
- legwarmers, layered socks
- watches, earings, costume jewelry
- friends
- slumber parties
- pool parties
- beach
- elementary, jr. high, high school
- lockers
- football
- cheerleading
- games
- computers
- science
Products Referenced in This Post:

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to KellyCali

Dang Kelly! Great job!

I was going to say pastels but I think that was more early 90's huh? What about shoulder pads? Madonna? Bangles? GoGo's? Michael Jackson? Boy George? LOTS of makeup? BIG hair? Lace EVERYTHING? Jelly Bracelets?

Ok- wait- this was colors huh? Well, you can search for the people on google and see what they were wearing right?

shelwriter
Veteran
shelwriter
In response to Seaexplore

I'm sooo relating to this thread...

Don't forget peace symbols, bangs, skinny jeans, Spudz McKenzie (the budweiser dog), Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi, Tears for Fears and Wham.

And Kelly - now you've made me want to add to my wish list - in a huge way!

SharminJ
Mayor
SharminJ
In response to shelwriter

Oh, what a fun page. I graduated high school in 1985, don't forget about the hair scrunchies, banana clips, multiple pairs of scrunchy socks with high top Reeboks (they came in multiple colors, too, I had pink, white, and black). Oh, and let's not forget the Jelly shoes!

The cutting edge music video (yes, I remember when MTV first hit the airwaves) was "Take on Me" by Ah-ha. It was great!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to SharminJ

Thanks & I hear ya ladies!

I actually have an entire 80's ABC Album!

I entitled it...The 80's will A-Always B-Be C-Cool!

Here's an example...Letter H...Hightops, High Heels, Hoops, Hats

HoT pInK By KellyCali

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to shelwriter

Acid wash jeans, parachutte pants, baggy jackets with the sleeves pushed up, baggy tops and tight leggings and ankle boots. Think neon yellow, electric blue, neon green, black and red like Michael Jackson in Thriller, turquoise or teal with pink. Lots of white, black, and pastels too.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to KellyCali

Check out '80s album covers for inspiration. There should be a lot of color combos that were hot back in the day... the louder the better!

I was too young in the 80's to remember much about the trends, but my bf graduated from high school in 1989 and the pictures from back then crack me up! Everyone looked like they were having a blast with their big hair and acid washed jeans.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• seaexplore Said:
Dang Kelly! Great job!

I was going to say pastels but I think that was more early 90's huh?

More in care of pastels...

Tiffany, just think Miami Vice to take you back! Remember their jackets!

LOL!

Also, pastels were big in homedecor. Remember peach & sage green?...cactus? Light blue, lavendar, yellow & peach?...beach scenes?...etc...

(sorry if I offend!...ugh as in ug-ly!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

* bleached...clothes & or hair

* streaked...

* frosted...one of my favorite words from then!

* dyed, colored...pink or purple if you dared!

* mohawks!...say no more!

I can remember ever other person messing with their hair back then!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to KellyCali

oh the mohawks.. they were huge back then.. big boomboxes, friendship pins. I remember my friends and I sitting there with beads and the little safety pins. The big hair, perms. And as if the skinny jeans weren't skinny enough, I remember pinning the bottoms. Leg warmers, which are coming back!! Oh, layered polo shirts with the collars up. I remember when CD's first came out. MTV. Anything Michael Jackson back then. Remember the zooba's... those gosh aweful baggy knit pants!! I graduated in the mid 80's.. boy does this bring back memories!! Oh, yes.. the peach and sage green was the rage too!! (my parent's house!! and my apartment when I first moved out.. back in 1987!!)

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KellyCali

This thread is making me laugh.

Totally had the neon pink and neon green socks and I may have worn one of each.

Jelly shoes

Big teased hair! haha!

Neon orange too ... those are the only colours I can think of.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• seaexplore Said:
Dang Kelly! Great job!

I was going to say pastels but I think that was more early 90's huh? What about shoulder pads? Madonna? Bangles? GoGo's? Michael Jackson? Boy George? LOTS of makeup? BIG hair? Lace EVERYTHING? Jelly Bracelets?

Ok- wait- this was colors huh? Well, you can search for the people on google and see what they were wearing right?

I asked my dh and after neon, he said MIAMI VICE and then pastels ... I don't remember it though ... but definitely pastels. 80s for sure he says.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to peenut_23

Mauve! don't forget mauve carpet!! gag

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to rockmom

My husband would like the zooba pants back! Loud, but very comfortable!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to johnsusan8

This thread is so much fun! I remember slouchie socks, but more importantly, I had to match my slouchie socks with my over-sized, off-one-shoulder (with a tank-top strap showing) knit sweater, then I wore black stirrup pants. I had about 6 or 7 of these matching sweater and socks get-ups... It was definately my "look"

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to mercytiara

oops, I kinda forgot the question, lol! As for colours, I remember lots of pastels, neons, black and white, metalics. Plenty of lace and mesh (like madonna wore) For my grade 9 formal dance I wore a metallic (muixed purples and dark greys) floor length skirt and a seafoam green blouse (tucked in and with shoulder pads, of course!)

Bronte10
Veteran
Bronte10
In response to mercytiara

Wow!!! This post brought me back! LOL I remember the neon socks, zipper wind-breaker type pants (purple of course!) and bright colors paired with black.....don't forget the chunky plastic jewelry!

Cheers,
Steph

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics