Username Post: Acrylic - How to decorate        (Topic#1517507)
PriscyScraps
Tenant
PriscyScraps

Okay so I know from past experience that I can use Stazon, Deco Pens, and Alcohol Inks. But what else can I use??

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to PriscyScraps

lots of guts. lol. not really, but i'm just waiting to hear what others say. i've been dying to do one, but i'm lacking the guts to actually try. i'm afraid of screwing it up. instead, my bind it all and my round it all just sit here collecting dust as they have been since CHRISTMAS! can you believe it?!?!? i seriously need to get it together! i even have this local store that sells 6x6 acrylic dirt CHEAP! i wish i could get the guts up to try one, it's not like i would waste much if i screwed up the acrylic.

kdkaboom55
Idol
kdkaboom55
In response to angie girl

Acrylic paint. Actually works great as an adhesive if you paint the backside of the acrylic accent. That way the color shows through, but won't scratch off (the way acrylic paint tends to when put on non-porous surfaces).

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to kdkaboom55

Stamp it with Staz-on ink!

PriscyScraps
Tenant
PriscyScraps
In response to angie girl

I have done a couple of acrylic albums but those were easy since I used bling, some double sided pp, and staz-on.

But these are just clear pieces. I thought to myself that I could decorate it but now I am not so sure.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to PriscyScraps

I made an acryllic album at Scrapfest. We used the Staz-on ink. Also, fabric flowers, bling, patterned paper, and even a piece of glitter fun foam. We also added bits of ribbon.

I really liked it!

SandraKarls
Veteran
SandraKarls
In response to 4tgrfans

if you're making an album, you can use flowers or whatever you want, what I've done if I use flowers is to put another flower on the other side so the adhesive doesn't show through on the back.

shelwriter
Veteran
shelwriter
In response to SandraKarls

I just Googled these because I didn't know what they are - and I Googled the images, too.

Those are way cool! The thought of taking something that's clear and completely devoid of color and altering it to something so beautiful is daunting, though. . .

Kudos to those of you who work with this.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics