Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: If you had $250 to spend on scrap supplies what would you buy?!        (Topic#1517551)
mad faye
Expert
mad faye

It's my birthday today (October 8th here in Australia!) and my dad and stepmom sent me a lovely GC to SB.com's shopping area (wasn't that nice?!) so if you had $250 to spend on scrappy supplies what would you get? I am drooling over all the new Prima goodies, and some new paper, but what have you guys seen lately that you must have?

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to mad faye

Well Happy Birthday and lucky you!!!!!!!
You can get sooo much with $250!!

I would get some Basic Grey, Prima, Websters pages and load up on Stickles and Smooch!!!

Happy Shopping!!!!!

mad faye
Expert
mad faye
In response to Angelica

Smooch? I saw this but what is it exactly...any pages you might show me using it. And I am definately getting some Stickles. I love Stickles and there is no way a girl can have too many bottles of glittery goodness.

Edited by mad faye on 10-07-09 11:37 AM. Reason for edit: typos

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to mad faye

Anything Fancypants!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to SuperAllyFan

Do you think your Dad would adopt me?

Happy Birthday!!! And congrats on your gift!!!

Have fun ....it sounds like anything you want or have wanted to try - you can now buy guilt free.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to nrthwdscrapper

Happy Birthday! Whenever I get a GC (or really any time I go shopping) I ALWAYS check out the clearance aisle first! That way, if I find anything I like, I stretch that dollar... But specifically, if you have a new big ticket item you want, Cricut, Wishblade, etc look at those or you could get boxes and boxes of smaller inexpensive things. I think I'd spend it in one shot though to save on shipping. Oh what a happy problem to have! Good luck!

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 10-07-09 11:46 AM
In response to nrthwdscrapper

I would buy the below
Products Referenced in This Post:

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to mad faye

I would buy a few new tools. A few examples... if you don't already has these...

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Wow! that's awesome! I wish I had that much to spend too! LOL!
If there are any big/expensive things that you have wanted/needed, now is the time to get it!
I myself would get lots and lots of Prima! Also, some of the new lines that are out now, Tim Holtz stuff, and probably some punches.
Have fun and be sure to show us what you get!!

Edited by Babylou on 10-07-09 12:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

Wow!! Lucky you- enjoy!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

Let's see.... I didn't actually add this up, but it's a good start.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to cindy312

WOW---best present EVER!!

I would stock up on patterned paper and things that I would normally deem "too expensive" to buy with my own money. I'd probably pick up some Cricut carts too! Have fun and happy birthday!

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to cindy312

Hello fellow Down Underer! Are there any specific projects you are working on at the moment that need jazzed up or that you need supplies/ideas for? As you have the money as a gift I would also probably get something special that you could use over and over such as a Cuttlebug, some type of storage/organisation or some punches. That way the gift keeps on giving

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cindy312

Alcohol inks and the new pen you can fill with the inks and some glossy cardstock or acrylic albums or letters to play with the inks.
More Smooch which is pearlized ink and comes in a "nail polish" bottle with a brush....dries fast..LOVE it.
Bling and flowers from Prima
Lots of wonderful patterned paper in all the lines above with embellies to match.
A selection of clear stamps and lots of different colors and types of ink pads.
D-ring albums which I have found are perfect for my "fat" layouts (the ones with lots of flowers and thick embellies).
Border punches and the new ones that also do corners.
Some cool tools I wouldn't normally buy cuz of the cost.
I would try to save some of the money for later cuz there are always new cool things coming out.
Alphabet stickers especially Thickers.

Happy Birthday and what a generous gift. Have a great time shopping.

Edited by dollscrap on 10-07-09 12:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to dollscrap

pink slice and some cards...

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to mjmone

I am a big bug lover, so probably new carts for my cricut.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to grammykimmy

I'd go for bigger ticket items, too. Lately I've been eyeing the Clip-it-up and the Scotch ATG. Then round it out with pp kits from Cosmo and Sassafras Lass.

Lisa

hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722
In response to grammykimmy

wow...what a great bday present!!! first on my list would be some of the new basic grey papers and cardstock. next, some tim holtz stuff; been wanting a white signo pen too. and i'd keep in mind what sb.com carries that i cant get with coupons elsewhere. and i would def check out the clearance section. it's do fun to get lots of little goodies too.
happy shopping!!!

Edited by hodgepodge722 on 10-07-09 01:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to hodgepodge722

Happy Birthday!

I'd try to split it up a bit between tools that will last and goodies that make it all so fun!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to MommaSaid

Happy Birthday! From just reading down the list of what everyone else wants, I would get a "happy" headache trying to figure out what to get.
Whatever you get you sure will have a ball using it!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics