Username Post: Favorite Tim Holtz distress ink colors        (Topic#1517815)
lmhfin
lmhfin 
Pro
lmhfin

I only have one TH distress ink pads in tea dye. I would like to add more colors-what are your favorites? TIA!

patchouli2000
Expert
patchouli2000
In response to lmhfin

tea dye is the one I use most, but i also use Vintage Photo. I have Broken China, Marmalade-and quite a few others that I use mostly when stamping and card making. I love 'em.

Karen.W
Diva
Karen.W
In response to lmhfin

OMG I love TH distress pads!!
The colors are soooo beautiful and they blend so easy with the blending tool!

I have the Tea Dye but have yet to use it on an LO, I keep my foams in baggies with the color blended on a white sticker outside of the bag. That way they are seperate from the other used ones and easy to get! Thats the only time Ive used that color. (talk about particular) lol

Anyway...My FAVS are Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord(beautiful purple), and Broken China! I tested my Spiced Marmalade on a piece of scrap paper, thats a vivid color, I am sure will look very pretty on an LO combined with the Walnut Stain.

So yeah, lol I wrote a novel but there you go a few of my favs! I have a bunch...and those are by far my favs.

Tigger
Tigger 
Mayor
Tigger
In response to Karen.W

Although I own just about all of them, I continually reach for Vintage Photo - it appears on every LO I've ever done!!! lol

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Tigger

I've got almost all of them, but my faves would have to be all of the browns, blue jean, and peeled paint.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Broken China and Tattered Rose are two great colors, peeled paint is the most awesome dark olive green color - wow! I would say that I do use Antique Linen, Old Paper and Vintage photo the most! Fired Brick is such a great red too - looks great w/Faded Jeans Color - Oh they are all great!!!

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to JaymieLiz

The three below are my absolute must have when scrapbooking!

...but I use almost every color from time to time!

lmhfin
lmhfin 
Pro
lmhfin
In response to JaymieLiz

Does everyone use the blending tool? I don't have one.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-11-09 10:16 AM
In response to lmhfin

I love shabby shutters & aged mahogany!

Edited by Foamy on 10-11-09 10:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Karen.W
Diva
Karen.W
In response to lmhfin

I didnt have the blending tool for a while...I'd use the direct pad to paper technique but once i got my blending tool, oh my god I dont know how I ever made due with out!

Its awesome! It blends so easily and evrything looks smooth! Especially when you are trying to blend 2 or 3 colors together in the small area.
I HIGHLY recommend you get it! Also buy a pack of foams if you have several ink pads!=)

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Karen.W

Hmmm, I would say Fired Brick, Black Soot and Vintage Photo I prob use the most.

I do recommend the belnding tool, it makes it nice to use them easily!

Edited by Manda_K on 10-11-09 11:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to lmhfin

The blending tool is fantastic and I also recommend daubers, they are great for doing the edges of mats, flowers etc - and last a long time!

lmhfin
lmhfin 
Pro
lmhfin
In response to JaymieLiz

Thanks for everyone's feedback! I am shopping tomorrow and plan to pick up a few more ink pads and I will definately be getting the blending tool

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to lmhfin

these are a few of my favorites.....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics