Username Post: Sponge top Paint daubers        (Topic#1518307)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Do you have to take the top off after using and wash off the sponge dauber? I'm thinking the paint left over in the sponge part will dry hard and 'clog' the use of dauber.

Tigger
Tigger 
Mayor
Tigger
In response to Sunnydi

You don't have to.

I have had a couple of the daubers stop working, but it's usually just a plug of thick paint - once removed it works fine again!

Expert
In response to Tigger

I didn't wash a couple I had and now the paint won't come out through the sponge part. I tried to wash out another top so the same thing wouldn't happen again, but I think I wasted a ton of paint doing that. Great concept, but doesn't work for me, I'll just stick with the Making Memories bottles from now one.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 10-18-09 02:58 PM
In response to HuskerMom98

I have tried different cleaning techniques and I have fount a quick wipe with a damp paper towel and put the lid straight back on.

It just gets the drying paint off before it clogs the sponge without having to completely wash and wait for it to refill every time.

Veteran
In response to Obi

i think you have to wash them out - otherwise it just clogs up

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to drpayne

I don't wash them. I never had a problem with one I had used. I had a problem with one I had never used and my lss stopped carrying them for that reason.

GlitterBomb84
Veteran
GlitterBomb84
In response to johnsusan8

In one of the Tim Holtz videos he did suggest that you store your daubers upside down so the paint didn't dry in the valve of the dauber. But he did have one bottle with dry paint on the sponge and he actually just sprayed water on his craft mat and worked the water into the sponge part of the dauber and it softened the dauber again to use. I guess this technique would eliminate the need for having to wash the whole thing out......

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to GlitterBomb84

Thanks for the input ladies.

alysmom09
Expert
alysmom09
In response to Sunnydi

I have several of these and LOVE them...have never cleaned the tip...I just store them upside down and make sure the lid is on tight. These are my go to for painting chipboard!

Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis
In response to alysmom09

After a long while mine dry on the top and the dried paint clogs it up. I know they sell replacement tops...but in hindsight I would at least rinse them out like a paint brush.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics