Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What to do with Vellum Quotes        (Topic#1518439)
flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom

I've never used vellum in my LO's before. But I bought a package of quotes/Titles/Sayings at my local Wal-Mart a while back. I've looked at them, and looked at them, and while I think they're gorgeous I don't know how I'm supposed to adhere them to my LO's. They didn't have any instructions with them, and they do not have any adhesive. What do I do? There's more than 1 quote/saying on each page and some of them have rather intricate graphics.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to flhomeschoolmom

I know that they have some vellum adhesive and hopefully someone else will comment on how well those work. I, however, have never used the stuff. I "cheat" when I use vellum quotes. I posted a bunch of pics from my gallery below where I tuck one side of the vellum quote behind a picture and adhere it using double sided tape under that picture so you can't tell and then I add an embellishment partially on the other side of the vellum quote to keep it secure.

Jeff & Dawn (2) By Kariyava

Jeff & Dawn (1) By Kariyava

Home Sweet Home By Kariyava

Bachelorette Party By Kariyava

The only page where I didn't use this technique is the layout below, where if you look super-close you can see I cut tiny strips of double-sided tape and adhered the vellum quote to the brown matting paper behind it.

Your 60th By Kariyava

Bottom line: there are many ways to hide your adhesive!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 10-20-09 08:37 AM
In response to kariyava

I haven't had much luck with the vellum adhesive. I can still see it, and don't like it!

I've used brads to hold the vellum, hidden the adhesive behind something else, and also run the entire piece of vellum thru my big X.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:
I've used brads to hold the vellum, hidden the adhesive behind something else, and also run the entire piece of vellum thru my big X.

Ditto that...Both brads & the 'X' have always worked for me!

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to KellyCali

I run vellum through my Xyron. I also adhere it with brads in each corner sometimes with a different colored cardstock behind it so it pops a bit.

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to livelovecreate86

Ok, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to glue them down or what. LOL. I do have some brads, I need to get some double sided tape, but I've also been contemplating stitching them in place. Hmm. Atleast now I have some idea of how to use them.
Thank you.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 10-20-09 11:03 AM

I use this adhesive, It is really good!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to KellyCali

I have definately got to get a sticker maker! I could have soooooooo much fun with one.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 10-20-09 12:56 PM

There is also the large one - 5 or 5.5 inches!!

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Tivi

I think I've found inspiration to quit smoking! Then I'd have more money for scrappy stuff. You people are bad...you took a perfectly content little person and made them suddenly want everything they didn't have!

I need a Xyron, I need a Cricut, I need rubber stamps, I need emblies, I need more paper, I need more binders, I need more stickers, yes...this list is quickly becoming endless. It's true, I'm an addict.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken

I adhere my vellum quotes onto my paper using Creative memories frosted splits. When you rub your finger over them to adhere, they blend into the paper and you cannot see them. I also use brads if I want to draw attention to the vellum quote rather than make it blend in.

Veteran
In response to chile_chicken

Xyron saves the day

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 10-21-09 06:47 AM

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
I think I've found inspiration to quit smoking! Then I'd have more money for scrappy stuff. You people are bad...you took a perfectly content little person and made them suddenly want everything they didn't have!

I need a Xyron, I need a Cricut, I need rubber stamps, I need emblies, I need more paper, I need more binders, I need more stickers, yes...this list is quickly becoming endless. It's true, I'm an addict.

Well, if you get the Cricut and the X, you won't need stickers!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Tivi

I run my vellum through the Xyron.

explorermom
Pro
explorermom
In response to dotfree

I have used the vellum adhisive and it works ok...there is also a spray glue that you can spray on the back of it...
I never knew what the Xyron did...learn something new every day!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to explorermom

You can use pretty much anything!

Any adhesive will work as long as you hid it like someone else said; under a photo, flower, jem, embellishment of any kind!

Also you can attach with:
Brads, eyelets, staples, paper clips, ect.

And remember you can alter vellum too. With ink, glimmer mist, paint, ect and then it's easier to hid te adhesive under it!

Have fun!

Black Sand Beach By Scrapbook Queen

Emma's Grad Party By Scrapbook Queen

Grandpa Curtis 2 By Scrapbook Queen

HTH!

Edited by Scrapbook Queen on 10-25-09 07:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tabbilwilex
Mayor
tabbilwilex
In response to Scrapbook Queen

well obviously everyone has said the X and brads. Another thing that I have used more than brads are Eyelets. An eyelet in each corner, the vellum gives you the seethrough affect and the eyelet kinda continues that!

Crankylady
Veteran
Crankylady
In response to Tivi

I have ran Vellum through my printer for pictures and texts, but you must make sure the ink is dry before you work with it. I often use ribbon across my Vellum to hold it into place.

Veteran
In response to Crankylady

I use the X or brads - the brads can really add to the LO

ThriftyShopper
Tenant
ThriftyShopper
In response to drpayne

I have used the spray adhesive, CM frosted splits, double sided tape, eyelets, brads and my sticker maker.

I think you have to find what you like and what works best for you.
I prefer the sticker maker and the spray adhesive except I think it can be a bit messy.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics