Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Pumpkins decorated with scrapping supplies        (Topic#1518497)
Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I saw this magazine in the grocery store today.

Anyway...
I think it looks awesome! But, all I could think that was it was probably a waste of $20 worth of embellishments!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Bxr-Linda

That is pretty neat!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to SQ Mandi

If you used liquid pearls, it would be cheaper

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Dancing Queen

Not to mention, it would last a long time since the pumpkin wasn't CUT,,,,,,,,

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Dancing Queen

oh my - that would be a little pricey - I bet puff paint would work too. Might be fun to try. I know I've painted a picture onto a pumpkin.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

I'm also wondering how cute that pumpkin would look with alot of those cheaper LOOSE jewel bling glued on,,,,,,

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-20-09 05:08 PM
In response to Delete My Account

LOVE this idea!! I was thinking of doing some stencil painting using my cricut and freezer paper on my pumpkins, too

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Huskymom

I'm actually going to do this! Probably on the weekend

I'm NOT using a real pumpkin though, I am getting one of those heavy plastic one's from M's with my coupon. You know those really realistic looking ones? I'll put a pic up when I do it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

OOOOOOOOoooooooo good idea, no waste, you can save it for next year!!!!!! smart cookie!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to CommaHolly

That is cool looking! THat is a great idea about the fake pumpkin!

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to TraciK

It is pretty but yeah, a bit wastful! But the plastic/foam pumpkin from M's say, now THAT's and IDEA!!!

Also, there is a blog out there (can't remember which one!) that has pumpkins decorated with vinyl cut with the cricut!

Happy Halloween!!!

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to JediScrapToo

Love it..but seems like a waste..now the fake pumpkin - that's some smart thinking there!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to scrappinmonkey

The foam pumpkin makes more sense.

When I was searching for this photo, I found this one. It's upholstery tacks (another expensive endeavor, I think).

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 10-21-09 08:34 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

That is a really cool idea to decorate pumpkins. I may have to try it with some puff paint or something much cheaper than Prima Bling. I am not wasting my bling on pumpkins!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CASBa

• cschissell Said:
That is a really cool idea to decorate pumpkins. I may have to try it with some puff paint or something much cheaper than Prima Bling. I am not wasting my bling on pumpkins!

That is my thought exactly!!

I also wonder if the adhesive would stick to a real pumpkin. ??

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Bxr-Linda

I can't see the 1st picture (what magazine is that in) but the foam pumpkin looks really cool.

I have used my scrapbooking supplies on the terra cotta pots that I paint. However, I sell those pots so I can at least replace those supplies with out a huge frown.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SoonerT

• SoonerTeacher Said:
I can't see the 1st picture (what magazine is that in) but the foam pumpkin looks really cool.

I have used my scrapbooking supplies on the terra cotta pots that I paint. However, I sell those pots so I can at least replace those supplies with out a huge frown.

That's weird. It's a better Homes and Gardens special interest publication. I had to search a while to find the image online. I'll pm it to you.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Bxr-Linda

It does look really cool and sparkly, but I agree that it's kind of a waste of bling. Especially expensive Prima bling! Plus, then you don't get to eat all the yummy seeds inside, which IMHO, is the best part of pumpkin carving.

scoot297
Idol
scoot297
In response to Smashley

Those are really cool, but I'm like the rest of you...not spending that much on a real pumpkin. Now, I am thinking that it would be pretty cool on the foam ones, but if I bring home another pumpkin my dh may come untrained, lol!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to scoot297

pssst....you should hide it in the trunk of your car until he isn't paying attention and run inside with it.

NOT that I've EVER done that or anything!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics