Username Post: i-Top Brad Maker        (Topic#1519089)
EJs Mom
Tenant
EJs Mom

Does anyone have this tool? I just bought it last night at Arc., on sale. I've used it at the store only and it worked fine. I've been wanting one for the longest and should have asked everyone's opinion before purchasing, but... Your thoughts?

Thanks for your input.
Products Referenced in This Post:

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to EJs Mom

I've wondered about it too. They sell it at M's. I understand you have to use their brads and purchase punches separately. That could be expensive. I really love the idea of being able to cover brads so neatly with paper or cloth.

I'll be curious to hear from those who've used it. Is it worth the investment?

Karen

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to kanary

I have it. You can get templates also if you don't mind cutting the toppers out of whatever you are topping with. I bought the templates before I knew about the punches. I have the punches and it's much better but more money. I really like it!

EJs Mom
Tenant
EJs Mom
In response to DivaDana

that's good to know. i purchased one punch last night using a coupon. i debated on whether to buy the templates because they are inexpensive but knowing me, i would probably not use the tool as often because of going through the process of cutting it out - i wouldn't say "lazy", exactly?
thanks!!

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to EJs Mom

I haven't decided whether I want this tool or not - I've looked at it several times though.

CreativeCowgirl
Resident
CreativeCowgirl
In response to SmartyPants

I love LOVE my i-top brad maker!! I use it for scrapbooking, card making and altered items. I would suggest buying the punches as it makes it super easy to use.

I have some examples of it on my blog if you would like to check it out.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CreativeCowgirl

btt

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Bxr-Linda

Wow! I had never heard of these tools before reading these threads about it. I had been cutting fabric and paper to cover brad tops myself. Yes it can take time, but it's an easy project to do waiting in the Dr or dentist office. Or waiting to pick up someone from work or school...I don't believe in wasting time

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to catzscrapper

HAD to have it, bought it ALL - still in the package!

loki11400
Tenant
loki11400
In response to dwelch

I have this tool, and I really don't care for it. I bought the templates instead of the punches (to save myself $30+) and I have played with it a bunch, and still haven't gotten one brad to look the way I think it should. It always leaves pleates. I watched the DVD and read the directions, and tried all the tricks, and I still don't like it. I think you have to buy all the punches for it to look perfect. I wish I saved my original $30.

Edited by loki11400 on 02-15-10 06:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics