Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Where to buy cheap scrapbooking supplies?        (Topic#1519229)
scrapbookingnewbie
Tenant
scrapbookingnewbie

I'm fairly new to scrapbooking though I've already purchased a cuttlebug and cricut expression. I love both. I frequent Michaels, Joann and Hobby Lobby a lot. I want to know some places on the internet to get cheap supplies like stamps, stamppads, embossing powders, stickers, tools, etc. Oh, and I hate paying for shipping.

Val Perkins
Resident
Val Perkins
In response to scrapbookingnewbie

Have you checked the "superstore" yet? You always can find some good deals here. I know they charge shipping, but it's not that bad if you get what you want for the price you are looking for. You can get pretty good discounts too.

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to Val Perkins

Big Lots and Tuesday Morning are great for things like albums, thickers, chipboard, ribbon/fibers, stickers, embellies of all kinds, and even paper!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to anthonysgirl

This gets asked a lot.

Here's a thread, with links to other money-saving threads:
How Frugal are You?

Basically, I shop a lot (but don't always buy). Know what things cost, so you'll recognize a bargain. Shop sales and coupons.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

And, keep in mind, it's against the forum rules to post links to other sites.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to Bxr-Linda

Big Lots, Marshalls (you'd be surprised - I've found albums, punches and paper there before), Target (clearance prices are usually awesome), Ollie's (just got a heart border punch for $5 there today), Tuesday Morning. And of course, coupons at M's and J's!

Crankylady
Veteran
Crankylady

I actually buy quite a few things at our local thrift stores. People buy things, planning on doing crafts and then not having the time, they give it away. It is usually bundled up with a big bunch together. So you might check there in your area.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to Crankylady

dont forget your dollar stores, yah gotta look but sometimes there is great bargains to be had.

Veteran
In response to Brandilynn

Tuesday Morning & big lots

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to drpayne

dollar bins at Target

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to married05

• married05 Said:
Big Lots, Marshalls (you'd be surprised - I've found albums, punches and paper there before), Target (clearance prices are usually awesome), Ollie's (just got a heart border punch for $5 there today), Tuesday Morning. And of course, coupons at M's and J's!

i love ollies. they do have some really great stuff!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to anthonysgirl

One thing that has worked well for me is signing up to all the LSS mailing lists within an hours drive. They regularly send out coupons on their newsletters!!! Works great!

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I love Tuesday Morning and Big Lots too! I can sometimes find some good stuff at Wal-Mart too.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to livelovecreate86

I mostly get my stuff wherever it is on sale or I have a coupon. I go to Big Lots, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, Michaels, Joanne, K mart, etc. I find by doing this I have a better selection when I actually sit down to scrap!

Crankylady
Veteran
Crankylady
In response to flutterbye0419

Don't forget to ask your family or friends, I had family that knit, they have scrap yarns pieces, everybody had old buttons. Sometimes I found great buttons on old shirts that were cheap at the thrift store that I bought for just the buttons.(49 cents)I took old watches apart, used the crystal, the hands, the faces, old costume jewelery, everything just laying around was fair game. And I copy all kinds of things, I put Pokey and Gumby on my copier and hit the reduce button and copied it, worked great. Laid a towell over the copier to block out light since it did not close completely. I copied jeans, belts, all sorts of things.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Crankylady

Please try to visit :
Price is cheap and free shipping.

Edited by McKane on 02-08-13 10:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to cheapscrapbook

• cheapscrapbook Said:
Please try to visit :
Price is cheap and free shipping.

CHEAP? $219.00 is NOT cheap at my house. You have to buy "lots" and not pick and choose the things you want. No thank you...

Edited by McKane on 02-08-13 10:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to bbarthej

This thread is 3 years old. Blinking spammers.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I see you live in Georgia, I sent you a PM.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to CrimsonMama

This thread is from 2009 and was recently revived by a spammer.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics