Page 5 of 18 
Username Post: VCW Week #139 - I Scrap, Therefore I Am        (Topic#1519257)
LuvMyPoodles
Idol
LuvMyPoodles
In response to smalltowngurrl

WOW you stayed up late Deb! I am so tired... I just couldnt stay last night... DH as giving me the look the one that says come getthe baby and put her to bed... My DH has been preparing for a test he is taken this after noon.... (His weapons permit) and he stays up late and reads and reads so I try to take the baby out of his hair around 9 ish and last night I didnt get her to bed until almost 11 ish... OOPS! So.... I hope he does well today on account I had to stay up scrap'n with my girls!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to LuvMyPoodles

Morning girls! Busy morning doing laundry and such.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to TripletMother

Happy Halloween ladies!!

I found a mini-album I started last year. It got buried on my craft table and rediscovered recently. There are more pics in my gallery and on my blog. I'll just share the cover and one page here with you:

Halloween Mini Album Cover By Scrappycath

Halloween mini Mixed years By Scrappycath

And then last night after carving pumpkins, I was compelled to do this digi page... talk about holiday confusion! Can you tell I am not a chrono-scrapper???

Joys of the Season By Scrappycath

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Thought I'd introduce myself to all the newbies (well newbies to me!) in here. I'm Cathy. One of the "nearly" original VCWers. Been away for a bit. But I'll be back in here as time permits.

Nice to meet you all and to see familiar faces too!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to TripletMother

Morning.

Slept in then attacked the garage. The car will be going into the garage when I get back from dropping off 5 boxes to the Salvation army. I have a box of stuff to shred. Hmmm, my pay stubs from my first job in 1981 working in a fabric store. Now can anyone tell me why I would have kept these? I only need to keep 7 years of receipts for tax purposes. I moved into my apartment in 1989. Hoarder!

Also have my acceptance letter for university. Sheesh. I'll keep transcripts and diplomas but that stuff?

Since my name and address are plastered all over that I will shred it. Don't want to give identity thieves my info on a platter.

Heading out in a bit to drop off the boxes.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Good morning! no wait, good afternoon!

Stayed up last night scrapping, had a blast Was talking to Debbie about me, wanting/needing to change around my room, and I did this morning. I'm so happy with it, I need to finish purging, organizing, and cleaning, then I will take pics. Thanks for the inspiration Debbie.

Ria, cool costume
Sis, laundry, neverending task
Cathy, hi hehehe, I think it is a common thing within us, I just found a 2008 christmas album. lol

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to smalltowngurrl

• smalltowngurrl Said:
  • foltzy Said:
  • NMlady Said:
  • Cracrop Said:
Yeap, I did it! I have been in the office for 3 hours now, had few meetings, went by every single desk asking co-workers for stuff, and just now noticed that I have no make-up. I totally forgot to put on some this am.

I don't ever wear makeup anymore.

I never really have. To much hassle and time.

I wear make up everyday to work. Sometimes on the weekend I don't unless we are going somewhere important.

I haven't worn makeup in....let's see.....13 years! Religious choice.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• Scrappy Gal 68 Said:
Kelly, he had his tonsils and adanoids removed, he is almost 8, he is ok, just real sore and wanting to eat more than he should, upset cause he cant go trick or treating.
Hi Desi, congrats on the new job

• Scrappy Gal 68 Said:
Jenni no ds cant go trick or treating, he will be out of school til the 6th and no physical activity until the 17th, but family say they are going to bring him some special treats that he can have once he starts eating more solid food.

Laura, why is his recovery so long from this? Normally it's much, much shorter. I have seen kids get them out and be back in school within 3 days. Tonsils and adenoids removal don't usually require no physical activity for 2-3 weeks.
Is he ok?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• c-leaper Said:
Just a bullet point post:

1. Got my other "thanks but no thanks" letter in the mail yesterday for the trained chimp job. So I'm still a night-shifter for the time being.

2. Ethan was here last night and we had a rough night. Around 1:30 the poor baby started coughing and coughing and coughing and couldn't stop. Coughed so hard he spit up a little. I'm sure it was just sinus drainage (we've all got it - my throat has hurt for 3 weeks from it). I ended up taking him downstairs around 2:15 and sleeping on the couch recliner with him the rest of the night so he could be partially sitting up. After such a rough night (and going to bed late), he did NOT want to get up and go to daycare this morning.

3. Catch the comment about sore throat for three weeks. It really hurts this morning.

4. And I'll be gone now for a week or so. I work tonight/Fri/Sat...off Sunday but will be busy actually spending time with people...work Mon/Tues. Will sleep Wednesday then have stuff at church Wednesday night, so I probably won't really check in here much until late Wednesday or first thing Thursday. Then I'll be off until the following Monday.

I'll catch you when I can!

Well, God must have something else better for you then!
I hope Ethan is feeling better and I hope you are able to get enough sleep to get through these work days!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• TripletMother Said:
Seriously? Nobody has been around here for 3 hours since my last post???

That is just crazy!!!! Not used to it being so quiet here!

I am no longer able to get online while at my job, except for lunch.
Besides the fact I am super busy the entire time, we are monitored pretty closely for any non-work use of our workday.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

(Doing a catch-up from last thread)

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• KellyLeigh Said:
This thread doesn't move nearly as fast as it used to. I am pretty sure I wasn't able to check in yesterday at all and I am only 2 pages behind.

I have been reading some stuff on Stacy Julian's blog. Even though her Big Picture Scrapbooking books and classes have been out for awhile I have never really looked into them before. I like the way she scrapbooks non-event layouts. I was inspired to make a layout about my son's bad attitude (he has always had a bad temper). I am almost finished but cant print the journaling b/c my printer isnt behaving

First off, so happy to see you here again!!
I remember back when I would come through midday and have ten pages to catch up on. Our entire thread would be like 50-80 pages some weeks!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• scrappycath Said:
Hi Ladies! Remember me?

Sorry I've not had much time. Still don't. But wanted to say hello!

Oh so glad it is Friday.

Always happy to see ya!
Your family comes before anyone here, so good for you to be there for them! It's always a good thing to have family as a priority over anything online. Yea, even us!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Yesterday at work was fun, but it really bit into my workday. Thursdays and Fridays are my crazy days, preparing for the following weeks' hospital procedures and also prepping charts and stuff for the Monday morning cath conference.
So all week we have been decorating our suite, which is separate from the main doctor office. We had a contest between our suite and the main suite to decorate for Halloween. We don't ever have kids come in our suite, so we went for a pirates' graveyard theme. I am loading a photo of what was hanging behind and above me. It was one of only many things we put up. I am not super keen on Halloween usually, but I wanted to be a good office team member, so I was a good sport and helped and I even have a pic of what I looked like. The ugly teeth insert was lil skull heads as teeth!
The main suite did a Willie Wonka theme. They couldn't do anything super scarey, cause of the kids coming and going. They even had three of the front office people dress as Oompa Loompas!! They were hilarious!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHH!!!!
By DawnInAZ

Pirates' Graveyard figure that was hanging above my desk at work.
By DawnInAZ

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to DawnInAZ

Getting ready to put the kiddos to bed but wanted to stop by and wave for a minute. We're going to watch Tinkerbell and the lost treasure again. Cute movie but we just watched it last night.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to DawnInAZ

Dawn, I am thinking that all this might have something to do with the fact that they do it all with lasers now. To be honest I really didnt question the length of time, I have never had this done, so I really didnt know. My oldest son had adanoids removed and nose cauterized but he was 3 at the time and so it affected him in different ways.
He really isnt doing all that well to be honest, it was done on tuesday and this is saturday and he is saying he is still in alot of pain and still cant eat much, still doing alot of popsicles. I tried a baked potato and he said it hurt to bad, so, I take him to the doctor on the 3rd so we will see.
Thank you so much for asking

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to Scrap Chica

is anyone here

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Scrap Chica

I am here!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Things one doesn't need to see while driving around running errands:
-A guy with super long hair, wearing only a shirt, with speedos showing, and he was pushing an elderly man in a wheelchair.

Page 5 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics