Username Post: Silhouette compatibility with Windows 7        (Topic#1519837)
scrappymama
Resident
scrappymama

HELP! I recently bought a new laptop and I can''t get the Silhouette software to load onto Windows 7...Is there a newer version of the software out there or a way to get them compatible?

Edited by scrappymama on 11-05-09 11:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to scrappymama

From Silhouette website:

Is the Silhouette software compatible with Windows 7?

Printer Friendly Version Print
The Silhouette's "ROBO Master for QuicKutz" software and other components included in the software (such as the library) are not yet fully compatible with Windows 7. We are continuing to work to ensure our software continues to be compatible with newer Operating Systems, though we have no expected compatibility date at this time for Windows 7. We would encourage you to sign up for our email newsletter on our home page (sign-up located at the bottom of the home page) to stay informed with updates and announcements.

We have, however, had reports that you may continue to run the ROBO Master software and all components sucessfully if you are running in XP Compatibility mode. As most all Windows 7 machines are 64-bit operating systems, you will also likely need to install the driver for 64-bit devices.

Expert
In response to Bxr-Linda

This was going to be my question too! I just ordered the Silhouette SD this week, and I'm waiting for both it and my Windows 7 update to ship. Will probably hold off on updating to Windows 7 until this gets figured out.

scrappymama
Resident
scrappymama
In response to HuskerMom98

So, basically I have a very expensive machine collecting dust that I can do nothing with...Is that what I"m hearing?

scrappymama
Resident
scrappymama
In response to Bxr-Linda

And how do you run in XP compatibility? sounds like runaraound

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1

Christine, do you still have access to your old computer with XP on it? Maybe you could use it (until the Windows 7 thing gets worked out) as a dedicated machine just for your Silhouette. If you took all the other junk type programs off of it it would probably run pretty fast. Just a suggestion.

scrappymama
Resident
scrappymama
In response to sweet1

So, for anyone interested....unless you have the Windows 7 Elite or Corporate etc, you cannot open your Silhouette with Windows XP compatibility mode and since most personal laptops have been loaded with home edition, this is not a feasible option.

scrappymama
Resident
scrappymama
In response to sweet1

My other laptop (a very nice one..lol) has either a damaged (or missing) windows driver or virus that only allows me to open windows in safe mode...and in turn does not allow for USB connections, sound printing etc. Guess I'm looking at spending the $200 to get my old one fixed just so I can use my silhouette....lol...Thanks for responding

Sandy Michigan
Resident
Sandy Michigan

I am not a computer whiz, but if you can open in safe mode can you blow away all your programs then reload your operating system? My Husband did something like that to my computer when I had a virus that 2 antiviral softwares could not eliminate...he was on the phone on and off with tech support for a month before I finally gave in and said blow it all away!

scrappymama
Resident
scrappymama
In response to Sandy Michigan

i would...but i'm ashamed to say...we have no recovery disks...I'm at a loss at this point...lol...take my new computer back and get one that has vista or xp...or get my other one fixed for the price of a cheap new one...hmmmm....thx though! Believe me...I'd love to blow that old computer somewhere...lol

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics