Username Post: Help finding a calendar        (Topic#1520321)
UNkit
UNkit 
Tenant
UNkit
  • UNkit on 11-12-09 08:49 AM

I am thinking about doing a calendar for 2010.
Any suggestions?
I am hoping my sister will get one too and we can do it together over Thanksgiving.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by UNkit on 11-12-09 02:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to UNkit

Do you want suggestions as to what to put on it? or which calendar base to use?

I have 3 calendars from last year in my gallery if you're looking for ideas. Just go to the album named Calendar 2009.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Mine are all 12x6 in size and are held together with 3 rings.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to SuperAllyFan

I was recently at Ms where they had 5 different Calendar Kits available. I have also noticed there are 2 here in the superstore.

The ones I have seen are
Basic Grey
Die Cuts With a View
My Minds Eye
MAMBI
Making Memories.

Super cute and all contain chipboard, die cuts, a preprinted calendar.

In the olden days, I used to attempt each year to make my own. Now it is so much easier to buy these.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Nancy Keslin

I make one for my grandmother each year. The main piece of advice I have is to use lightweight embellies, not things that can get heavy like lots of buttons. They are fun to make. I originally tried to use pics of people in the family that had birthdays in that particular month, but then I gave that up and just put the pics in wherever I felt like it. That's a lot easier!!!

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to siameseplease

I have a bunch of DCWV calendar kits, as well as a Karen Foster (I think) desktop calendar kit that I just bought. All of them came with coordinating papers and embellishments.

Katy_Crops
Resident
Katy_Crops
In response to livelovecreate86

I vote for the super cute BasicGrey kit!! I've been selling them in my store like crazy!

Expert
In response to Katy_Crops

I bought the Basic Grey one--very cute--but you have to have photos to finish it 100%. I made up 4x6 white mats to put down in place of the photo on all of the pages, and then I was able to do most of the layout, minus a couple of the embellies. However, I think there was one month where I couldn't do anything at all without the photo. Luckily I was just doing it for myself, but I didn't have immediate access to the printer to print out the photos.

Just something to think about if that is the direction you were thinking of going. Otherwise it was really nice to not have to cut anything!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics