Username Post: Flowers???        (Topic#1520499)
New Kid On the Block

I am super new to scrapbooking. I just got my cricut expression and I have been able to do so much more. Though, I have noticed in a lot of peoples gallerys, there are daisy looking flowers on a lot of lo's. I can't tell if they are paper or not, but htey look as if they stand up on the page some. Where do people get these? Are they hand made? I hope this is not confusing!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Melissa0627

There are literally thousands of flowers you can find for scrapping, and that's not counting the regular silk/plastic flowers you can find in the fake floral dept of many stores.
There are just a FEW that are here at sb.com
Products Referenced in This Post:

hbodley17
Expert
hbodley17
In response to Melissa0627

I buy some but I find that sometimes I don't have a color flower that I really need so I come on here and someone was making their flowers with there cricut! What they did (and I apoligize because I can't remember who it was) was cut the flower out and then fold the flower length wise down the middle of the pettles to give it more depth...also if you cut out two different sizes and then layer them and do the same thing with the folding they come out great! In this one the black flowers are made with my cricut.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

I don't know how to post LO here but that is the link to the LO

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to hbodley17

you can also buy several different sizes of flower punches, and by using different materials (paper, velum, tin foil, mulberry paper, etc) and folding the petals up, down the middle, etc, and layering them you can get a great 3 D effect,,,,use buttons or brads for the centers and increase the 3 D effect PLUS buying tools that can make more flowers is more economical,,,especially for beginners.

Additionally, you'll be able to use scraps to make your flowers, and you'll always have flowers to match your LO or project

Edited by CommaHolly on 11-15-09 08:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to hbodley17

hbodley17, That is exactly what I was talking about on your layout! Now that I know it can be done on the cricut, what carts do you find have the best selection, or which do you use?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics