Username Post: Tell Me about the Ikea Expedit/Bygel        (Topic#1520851)
Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 11-18-09 08:53 PM

So i see alot of them in peoples pictures of their scraprooms so I am guessing they must be pretty good. There is an Ikea about 2 hours away. And the size I am interested in can be bought online. So from what I can see it looks like scrapbooks and stuff that is 12 x 12 will fit on the shelves. I also saw that they sell boxes and bins that fit in the openings, will 12 x 12 stuff fit in the bins and boxes? The prices are really good, how is the quality? I have the store in style cubes right now with a work top that I got from homedepot. I was planning to get some more cubes and another top when I get to take over the room my scrap area is in. I want some where to put my cricut, cuttlebug, and sizzix, plus some more storage. I see the one I am liking can be used vertically or horizontally. The shelf I am looking at has 8 sections. It would be a lot more cost effective to go with the expedit if 12 x 12 stuff fits.

Also the bygel rails and baskets. They are so inexpensive, are they any good? I have a bunch of the lisa and becky rail system stuff, but it was pretty hard to find when I got it and I have seen people mention the bygel.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Hev

I have the 8 section expedite and i love it, I is roomy enough for my albums and other scrap stuff , I think it measurs like 15 1/4 by 13 1/4 I need to look at the catalog or online to see the exact measurments, but like I said, I like it and it seems sturdy enough for my needs. The bins they sell for the cube sections are also nice and sturdy. I didn't get any for my expedite. HTH My Expedite By Armygirl

Edited by armygirl on 11-18-09 09:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to armygirl

I just got my Expedit set up in my room. All my 12x12 albums fit, but my Cropper Hopper Vertical paper holders don't. They are just a little bit too high... So I'm leaving them in my other shelves on the other side of the room (kids books' section).

That said, I know that the horizontal paper holders fit in the Expedit. Let me see.. I think this is the one that fits into the Expedit... google it to confirm...

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to jellyziva

I want the Expedit 4 cubed to finish off my scrap room. I have other IKEA stuff in there, but this would be nice as well. I don't have room for the other bigger pieces. I do have the big Expedit for the kids' toys... love it. My scrap space is all IKEA stuff almost!! Great organizational things!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to momma paparazzi

My gf has the bygel rails and baskets in her office and she loves them! I am in a transitional phase with my SB room..my mom moved in so I now share my husbands 'man cave' at the moment until we buy a new house.
However, almost our whole house is IKEA and I love it! My husband is Norwegian, so I fell in love with IKEA by osmosis. LOL!
If you buy online the shipping is horrendous!!! I would definitely dedicate the day to going up and buying it and schlepping it home. I live in Maryland, so driving 2 hrs to an IKEA is not much more than the average commute to work. I to to IKEA every 2 months to pick up Scandinavian groceries and it's about 1.5 hrs away. It's worth it, imo.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics