Username Post: Stamping on Transparencies        (Topic#1521003)
scraparella
Expert
scraparella

When stamping on transparencies, do you need to use a certain type of ink? Or will they all dry the same?

Thanks

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to scraparella

Yes, you need a certain type of ink. Staz-on is the best I have used. It dries quickly on glossy surfaces.

Edited by Scrapbook Queen on 11-21-09 08:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Scrapbook Queen

ditto on that!

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom

Dye inks work best (StazOn, Archival, Memories, Brilliance, Nick Bantock, Tim Holtz Distress Inks) on acetate or shrink plastic.

Pigment inks will remain wet and smudge.

Jean

scraparella
Expert
scraparella
In response to PokeyMom

Thanks so much. Looks like I get to go buy some goodies this week !~ =)

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to PokeyMom

• PokeyMom Said:
Dye inks work best (StazOn, Archival, Memories, Brilliance, Nick Bantock, Tim Holtz Distress Inks) on acetate or shrink plastic.

Jean

StazOn isn't a dye ink, it's a solvent ink. I have tried Distress ink on transparencies and it all smudges right off. The only ink I've used that stays on transparencies and doesn't smudge off is StazOn.

Marie_71
Veteran
Marie_71
In response to tinacome

• tinacome Said:
  • PokeyMom Said:

Jean

StazOn isn't a dye ink, it's a solvent ink. I have tried Distress ink on transparencies and it all smudges right off. The only ink I've used that stays on transparencies and doesn't smudge off is StazOn.

Agree!! StazOn is the only ink I've tested that works on transparencies and other smooth plastic surfaces.

scraparella
Expert
scraparella
In response to Marie_71

Thank you ladies !~ I'm off to grab some today.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect

If you have one, use your Perfect Printing Pouch on the transparency before stamping the Staz-On to get a crisper image. I was surprised as I thought Staz-On was designed for such applications and needed nothing more but when Scrap N Arts reviewed the pouch, they suggested using it for stamping on acrylic and transparencies. I tried it and was shocked at the difference! Also, swipe the pouch onto transparencies before stamping if you plan on sprinkling glitter or flocking on it. They did this in a class in an Oregon lss: they stamped with Staz-on, used glue and then glitter on the transparency. They used The Perfect Printing Pouch first to make the image crisper and to stop the glitter from static-clinging to the transparency. What a nice idea for a card or embellishment!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to scraperfect

• scraperfect Said:
If you have one, use your Perfect Printing Pouch on the transparency before stamping the Staz-On to get a crisper image. I was surprised as I thought Staz-On was designed for such applications and needed nothing more but when Scrap N Arts reviewed the pouch, they suggested using it for stamping on acrylic and transparencies. I tried it and was shocked at the difference! !

Yep, it helps the stamp "grab" onto the transparency and there is much less slippage.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to Here Kitty

Hey Amy, I stop in from time to time and read a few posts and comment on some and it's so funny! You almost always comment on the same ones I do. (Hmmm. You're a DIVA..Maybe you write on TONS of posts and I just see you on the ones I chime in on! And here I was thinking it was because we have such similar styles and interests. Then again, maybe we do. Will you be at winter CHA? I'd love to meet you if you are.)

scraparella
Expert
scraparella

I'll have to try the Perfect Pouch next time. I noticed slippage with my first attempt. Thanks again all. =)

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect

Google it Perfect Printing Pouch, ask your LSS to order it from ScraPerfect or pm me.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• scraparella Said:
I'll have to try the Perfect Pouch next time. I noticed slippage with my first attempt. Thanks again all. =)

I get a lot of use out mine. I use it every time I heat emboss or when I stamp on slippery surfaces. I don't do a lot of printing (ahem * my printer is less than cooperative) but it works really well with that too.

scraparella
Expert
scraparella
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks for all the info. You gals are awesome !~

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect

Hey! Can you believe I've been using it "wrong" all these years. Well, not wrong for inkjet printing...but if you want to use pigment ink and don't want to emboss or wait forever for it to dry, lightly the image tap with The Perfect Printing Pouch AFTER stamping. No kidding. It dries it instantly and doesn't smear it. Then just use your perfect cleaning cloth to dab off the excess powder. For most uses, I apply The Perfect Printing Pouch before inkjet printing, markers, or stamping on ribbon. (I was amazed when Cathie Allen wrote to do this in Canadian Scrapbooker this month.)

RobinVoak
Resident
RobinVoak

I love the CTMH archival ink or the Staz On. Works with stamping directly on photos too!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics