Page 1 of 84 
Username Post: ~*~December Anything Goes Challenge~*~ Closed and ROCKIN'!!!        (Topic#1521445)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

DECEMBER is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to December's Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until December 10th.

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than December 15th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
1140 ROUTE 542
EGG HARBOR, NJ 08215-4711

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
megannwalker@gmail.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after December 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on December 31st at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details. Going forward all daily/weekly/monthly pics, LOs and point details must be posted to the thread by the deadline which is Sunday 12 midnight PST.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.) Daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout, card, or altered project.

5 – Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw one name.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 3 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

For all of our seasoned veterans, let me know on the thread or via pm if you are willing to help a newbie by being their buddy and working with them until they get the hang of the pts system.

For all the NEWBIES, let me know by posting on this thread or sending me a pm if you would like to have a buddy help you figure out points for your first few LOs, so you don't miss anything.

Then, I will get our volunteers paired up with a newbie and we can have a fun and smooth month!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~PLAYERS~*~

Money Received=

iheartaslan 14/11 GOAL MET!!! 12177 pts
MommaSaid 0/4
MommyMarci 15/15 GOAL MET!!! 11428 pts 22/31 DCs
scrapinbabygal 32/20 GOAL MET!!! 23201 pts 26/31 DCs
SwtTxt 2/20 3151 pts
April C. 0/15
scrapriquez 11/25 10139 pts
senora_x 20/20 GOAL MET!!! 10168 pts 19/31 DCs
AmandaTina 15/15 Goal Met!! 11,557 pts 30/31 DC's
00elly00 0/12
jadecook 16/7 LO's GOAL MET!!! 10261 pts 25/31 dailys
princessvespa3 9/20 3066 points
MommytoJ&K 0/10
Margy 18/15 GOAL MET!!! 17677 pts 29/31 DCs
2lilbugs 9/5 GOAL MET!!! 8583 pts 31/31 DCs
Inspired.By.Love 9/6 *Goal Met* 14370 Pts. 29/31 DC's
FairytaleStudioScraps 0/15

TOTAL MONEY: $136.00

~*~MOTIVATIONAL~*~
Ms.Schwiet 8/12 2812 pts
sgrcookie 0/5
pookie09 0/10
LadyBeth 0/10
Quay 0/5
krissyclarkmckee 0/10
pickledplum981
anthonysgirl
Lillian M
B2Hearts

Edited by iheartaslan on 01-05-10 01:10 PM. Reason for edit: Adding totals! PM me yours!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~CHALLENGES~*~
~*~Daily Challenges~*~
Each day a new challenge will be posted. These challenges can be done at your own pace unless specified in the challange. These can easily be incorporated into any card or LO. You can take +10 pts for completing the challenge on the same day it was posted.

12/1: Handwrite a title on your lo for 150 points.

12/2:Setup your siggy and daily challenges blog for 100 points, do it in color for another 50.

12/3:Today's challenge is the "30 minute layout". What I want you to do is take about 10 minutes before you do this, and think about a layout you would like to do. Then, get a timer and set it to 30 minutes. You have exactly this much time to get everything out, choose your papers and put everything together. The 10 minutes before is to mentally prepare your layout, but you may not use this time looking through your stuff. The minute you touch anything in your scraproom the 30 minutes begins. At the end of 30 minutes stop what you are doing, even if you don't think it is complete. Show us what you have done. This exercise can be very freeing, as I did this once just for fun one night when I stumped for ideas.
This one is worth 150 points

12/4:GET YOUR TIARAS ON, ladies! I am the only one with the tiara on here! Get your tiara avi up for a whopping 250 points!

12/5:Use smell somewhere on your lo- use scratch and sniff stickers, or what I am gonna do is dab some of a favorite perfume on a cotton ball and put it in a small bag and attach it to my lo. --150 points

12/6:You will have to learn how to do a new doodle for this one. Well, maybe some of you have heard of ZENTANGLING? This was on Scrapbook Memories the other day and it really is quite fun. Here are the instructions,

Zentangling
try a square or a whole page, whatever you want, and just show us what you have done, no need to put it on a lo or anything, of course you can if you want to, but it won't be worth extra points this time. 150 points

12/7: go to the Superstore and choose TWO favorite items you'd like to receive as a gift this holiday season. (So WE can all see some new things WE might "need" as well!) ONE item needs to be a "big ticket" item...something with a price tag of $25 or more. The other must be a small item that would be appropriate as a "stocking stuffer" or "secret santa" type of gift. It should be not only small in size (use your own judgment to determine what that means) but small in price; no more than $10. Link both items here for 80 points.

12/8:Many of us are celebrating advent right now, which basically just means 'the arrival of something that has been awaited.' When I'm scrapping it seems the one thing that keeps me waiting is STICKLES. Though it doesn't really take all *that* long I'm always so anxious for it to dry! So today's challenge is to use Stickles or another similar product that requires drying time on a layout, card or altered project. Adhesives of any type do NOT count for this challenge; it must be something that is used as an embellishment. This challenge is worth 85 points.

Ladies! Please pm me your current totals using the following format:

5/11 3395 pts

if you can follow this format on your first try take +75 pts for pm'ing me!

12/9:12/9 Daily Challenge

Today is Wednesday Hump Day! The image that comes to mind for me when I say that is a camel's back and the wave pattern it makes. Today I want you to incorporate a wavy shape like that on a layout or card. Note: I do NOT mean circles, scallops or flourishes! Here are a few examples I found in my gallery that would fit the bill.

Graduation Open House! By MommyMarci
The border of the pictures is in a wave shape.

In the Blink of an Eye By MommyMarci
The flower stem follows a wave pattern.

isaac@ 9 By MommyMarci
These follow a more traditional ocean-wave pattern.

practice makes {permanent!} By MommyMarci
Here the baseball border is staggered, creating a wave shape.

Birds of a Feather By MommyMarci
One LARGE wave running vertically.

See? LOTS of ways you could go. 150 points for this one!

12/10:Like much of the country, winter has kicked in here in Michigan. In fact, my daughter and son-in-law but had their first "snow days" of the year off of school today! In honor of the snow, I want to see a layout with lot's of white space. Not just negative space, but literally WHITE space (in other words, a layout with lots of negative space on a white background.) This challenge is worth 100 points.

12/11:Friday is always cleaning day at our house so today let's take some time to clean up *our* toys as well! Clean up your scrappy area, and/or organize something in your area or within your supplies. Spend a minimum of 20 minutes doing this and when you tell us what you've done give yourself 80 points!

If you are one of those lucky gals who literally have EVERYthing not only cleaned but organized as well, or you get to that point in less than 20 minutes, share a picture of your area all nice and neat for 8 points!

12/12:Let's talk "shop." It is the time of year when I think a LOT of us have that on our brains! But I'm talking about our scrappy shopping of course. Let's deal with our stash! Today's challenge has two options.

Option 1: Find one of your very oldest scrappy supplies (something consumable, not a tool) and use it on a layout, altered item, or card for 100 points when you post it here. Be sure to point it out to us when you post the layout.

Option 2: Get out one of your newest consumable scrappy purchases, do the same thing as in option 1, and earn the same 100 points. (We not only need to clean out old stash but make sure aren't hoarding our pretty new goodies and creating more stash!)

12/13:
Today is dress rehearsal for my kid's Christmas pageant titled The Greatest Gift. So for today's challenge I'd like to see you use some things you consider really "great" on a layout. Please use a product from one of your very favorite manufacturers and make the layout predominately in a favorite color. 100 points!

12/14:We all use the resources now contribute so someone else can benefit. I love the resource and go there quite a bit for inspiration. So add a quote, title, poem or any other tidbit.
You must share here what you have contributed.
+100pts.

12/15: now that you'very contributed to the resources, use them. Must link what you'very used with your page. Also this can be a title quote poem tip technique video whatever but it must be new to you.
+150

12/16:Since I only slept like 3 hours last night take +150 points if you wish me a good nights sleep tonight.

BONUS CHALLENGE: Ladies! Please pm me your current totals using the following format:

11/11 8403 pts

if you can follow this format on your first try take +75 pts for pm'ing me!

12/17:share a holiday tradition +75 pts scrap it for an additional +150 pts for a total of +225 pts

12/18:pick out the ugliest paper you have, the one you will never use, and use it. In whole or just part. must take a picture of paper before to take credit. +150 pts

12/19:use an animal on a lo, card or altered item. pretty simple! +150 pts

12/20: Share your favorite christmas cookie recipe +85
Just share it here, don't have to do a lo, if you'd like to great but no extra points.

12/21: Go through the gallery and add 5 more people to your favorite artists list...then list the 5 names here so we can go check out their galleries too! +125 pts

12/22:Update your wishlist for +85 pts.

12/23:Make a LO with a clear season or holiday theme (winter, spring, summer, fall, Halloween, Valentine's Day, 4th of July, Christmas, Passover, etc.) for +135 pts.

12/24:Take a picture of a holiday decoration and post it here. Let's all get into the holiday spirit! +100 pts

12/25: Merry Christmas! Tell us what you did today (or are going to do today) and who you did it with for +300 pts! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

12/26: Use the newest scrappy toy you received as a present. This could have been a Christmas present, a Hanukah present, a Birthday present, an Halloween present, an anniversary present, etc. But the last gift you got as a present I want you to use on your card, LO, or altered project for +150 pts.

12/27:Time to push January AGC! I want you to invite at least 3 friends personally to play in the January AGC for +100 pts! If you promote the January AGC in another way, take +50 pts when you tell us what you did.

12/28:I always save the clear stamp backings for some reason SO lets use those. Use at least three. If you dont have any of those; just use three transparent items +150

12/29:do at least 3 different doodles on a LO besides the usual dashes ---- +100

12/30:Use some paint on a LO +100 Each additional color up to FIVE is +10

12/31: TAKE 300PTS IF YOU HAVE MAT YOUR GOAL THIS MONTH.
TAKE 100PTS FOR YOUR FIRST LO TOWARDS YOUR GOAL and THEN 25 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT LO FOR A TOTAL OF 125PTS

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~
These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by midnight PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

WEEKLY CHALLENGES

WEEKLY
Just tell us what was the best moment from each of the months of this year +250 And if you have done a LO to represent that moment add +10 up to a TOTAL of +350 but you MUST link/show us the LO!

PHOTO
Take a photo of what the new year means to you and a picture of something you are going to do on new year (the 31st). +250

NEW RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

~*~MONTHLY CHALLENGE~*~
12/1/2009-12/31/2009

Complete a Cookie Sheet Calendar with 12 months of the year and 31 dates. +500 pts.
Here are a few examples and tutorials:
http://wonderfullywhimsy.blogspot.com/2009/01/cookie-sh...
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Ar ticles/5062279/I...
http://www.buzzandbloom.com/tmp_newsletter2006112 7_smg....

For extra points:
If you use 5+ different papers +100 pts
If you use 5+ different items for the numbers +100 pts (ie: dice, dominoes, etc)
If you use different theme for each month of the year (just on the title, but can have additional pieces) +75 pts
If you add a notepad section + 100 pts
If you use flowers or non scrapbook item (not including the cookie sheet) +125 pts

Edited by iheartaslan on 12-31-09 12:53 AM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

HERE IS A BONUS POINTS OPPORTUNIY:
If you get your money in by the 5th of December take +300 pts,
if you get the money in to me by the 10th of December take +200 pts,
and if you get the money in to me by the 15th of December (the due date) take +100 pts!

~*~POINTS LIST~*~

LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, eyelet, button, staple, brad, paper clip, grommet, jewel, pearl, metal clips, etc.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch
- PER die-cut item (shape, letter, number, etc.)
- PER paper, cardstock, or ribbon scrap used

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image (not including letters or numbers)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER 3D flower
- PER type of bling
- PER bling shape
- PER color of stickles or paint used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER rub on shape or word (border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER challenge on sb.com that your LO was created for (must tell what challenge(s) it was created for)
- PER color of ink or glimmer mist used
- PER type of distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)
- PER chipboard or grungeboard shape (NOT letters or numbers!)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for having a three (3) word title with no subtitle
- for using rub on, chipboard, stamped, masked, or embossed letters/numbers
- for using die cut shapes or letters/numbers
- for using a punch
- for using flourishes/swirls
- for using ghost shapes, ghost letters, transparencies, or vellum
- for non-scrapbook items used on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using stars on your project
- for using a heart on your project
- for using blue on your project
- for using felt or fabric
- for using foam or vinyl
- for using metal items
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for using chalk or embossing on your layout or card
- for doodling
- for using the following themes: Any Holiday; love; YOU
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER layout about yourself
- PER mini-album created (may still take points per page)
- PER altered item created
- PER mask used
- for machine sewing
- for using scraps
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com OR using a pagemap/sketch (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with http://-- cannot take points without link)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than two months old
- PER black & white, sepia toned, or colored picture (ex. a pic made blue or purple)

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics
- for using a picture with an animal in it (for, NOT per)

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 400 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 450 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

2 POINTS:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any new BLOG entry (NO POINTS FOR UPDATING A BLOG) (MUST have a link to this forum)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 350 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.
5. You MUST post the challenge by 10 AM EST (which is 7AM PST) OR post the challenge the night before, preferably after 9PM your time.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
December
1-6 April C.
7-13 MommyMarci
14-20 00elly00
21-27 iheartaslan
28-31 scrapinbabygal

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

I'd like to try. I would like help as a newbie. I will not being doing the money version; I'm just learning this round and here for motivation.

Last, I will be taking a week off, aside from missing points and getting way behind in the link, will this be an issue?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Ms.Schwiet

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
I'd like to try. I would like help as a newbie. I will not being doing the money version; I'm just learning this round and here for motivation.

Last, I will be taking a week off, aside from missing points and getting way behind in the link, will this be an issue?

not a problem at all if you need to take a week off. The thread tends to move quickly, so it may be a little optimistic if you think you will get caught up when you get back. But comments are not required for this challenge, they just get you points so you will not be behind or anything if you miss a week. You can be as involved or not as you want to be. I'm glad you are joining!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Megan Ann

Sweet! Sign me up; 4 LO's. Please and thankyou!

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to MommaSaid

I am in for 20 layouts and I can do a week of challenges if you need someone; any week works!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to MommyMarci

Received payment from Marci! thanks

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to MommyMarci

I am so in DUH!! I will be in for 10 I think due to the holidays (i'm stealing Marci's santa )

I can be a back up choice for daily challenges.

SwtTxT
SwtTxT 
Guru
SwtTxT
In response to scrapinbabygal

I am in!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to SwtTxT

Yippy. I'm in. I'll try to put up 12 this month.

Mrs. Coder
Idol
Mrs. Coder
In response to Ms.Schwiet

I would like to do a week, unless one of the newbies do. I would rather do the first week, but if you guys can't deal with me 2 weeks in a row, I totally understand!

My goal is gonna be 15.

AmandaTina
Governor
AmandaTina
In response to Mrs. Coder

I'm in again this month - think I'll try for 15 LO's

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to AmandaTina

I'm in.... and yeaaaaaaaaah stacey is here! Glad you joined us stacey!

sgrcookie
Idol
sgrcookie
In response to SplendidMoments

i will play motivational this month, i will let you know if i change my mind!

5 LO's is my goal

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to SplendidMoments

I'm definitely in again too! I'm going to shoot for 15 pages again this month!

00elly00
Idol
00elly00
In response to senora_x

Is there another week available for challenges? If so I'd be willing to do daily's. I'm in for 12 this time, don't know if I'll get all 15 done from November, but I sure am trying.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to senora_x

I want to try again this month. I had a last in Nov and learned so many new things. I cannot wait to see what I learn next month! It is hard to pick a number with the holidays. I will say 7 LO's for me and I will try to paypal Megan on the 1st!

Page 1 of 84 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics