Username Post: Scrapbooking with kids        (Topic#1521619)
bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

I am a stay at home mom to a boy who will be one on Dec 14.

While my baby naps I could get started on stuff, but if he wakes up I'm forced to leave everything out, where it could get wrecked, especially by my cats. Not to mention, it's simply in the way.

I have one room in my house where I could just shut teh door and leave stuff out, but it's right next to my baby room and I'd hate to wake him Plus its a tiny room. Kinda depressing.

What are your secrets for getting time/space to scrapbook?

lUKEANDOWENSMOM
Expert
lUKEANDOWENSMOM
In response to bcblondie

I Scrapbook when my boys sleep to, I do not have to worry about cats but what I do is keep my stuff in some of those plastic 12x12 containers that you can purchase and stack. So if I run out of ideas I can keep it in there and move on to something else as well.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to lUKEANDOWENSMOM

I do not have little ones to work around, but I have a cat who gets into things, takes things, eats things.....it's quite a problem. Like Lukeandowensmom, I use 12x12 containers to keep my projects in. I often use them to hold project supplies, and then I use my page-in-progress box for layouts in-progress. I keep my tools in a Lazy Scrapper, which I can quickly put out of my cat's reach.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to Luvmyfam

Thanks girls! I think my problem is that I haven't wanted to get containers like you girls speak of, because I want my stuff to be portable, so I can scrapbook at friends' houses. But I gues it's getting to the point where I have too much stuff to lug over to my friend's house anyways! lol. I should invest in some of those types of in progress boxes and stuff.

So far I have one big box full of stuff about
1.5ft by 1.5 feet.

2 pads of papers
tons of embellishments
about 15 "close to my heart" stamp sets
an embossing gun and a couple powders.
and a paper cutter.

Fairly beginner stuff yet I guess.

Sorry tangent. I guess what would be perfect is a giant shelf I could lay everything out on, and push it away, under a table or something, when not in use.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to bcblondie

I have a cart with 12 x 12 handled boxes in it. I can pull out a box and carry it with me.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics