Username Post: cricut questions        (Topic#1521721)
flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

as you know i just got mine last week.. it is the create. i was wondering, how do you know when you need a new mat and when you need to change the blade and what are the settings on the blade thing for? it said to make sure that it was set to 4, but i am wondering, what that was all about.. just curious. also, if i need to add pressure to get through a textured or thicker cs, would that be suggested?

thanks,
feeling cricut stupid at the moment (lol)

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to flutterbye0419

If you open up your machine you will find a green housing for the blade. Mine is green. It has numbers going around it. That is the blade setting. Four is a pretty standard number for regular paper. If you go to Cricut.com there is a message board that has a chart of different types of papers with their blade setting, speed, and pressure. It is great to use as a reference. Also, if you are on this site you can go back up to Forum and pick more forums. Then go to the Cricut forum and you will find a ton of great info on your machine.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to 950nancy

thanks so much nancy!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to flutterbye0419

hi flutterbye. I also just got a cricut create. I love it!!! There was a CD packed in mine that explained changing the blade, the settings,the pressure, etc. I am glad we have this board of experienced cricut owners for information. I am nervous that I am going to do something wrong with mine. It cuts so nice and is a wonderful machine.

ltlemermaid
Idol
ltlemermaid
In response to wilbur

I have the cricut create and love it!! congrats on your new bug.

The green blade holder (the one it comes with) has numbers on it--it tells the machine how deep to use/cut with the blade. For regular cardstock 4-5 is fine and I usually keep my pressure at high or max and speed at the slowest it has. for thicker cardstock and chipboard I have the deep cut blade (blue housing--sold seperately) and it works great --sometimes you need to cut it twice but i've never had a problem.

you just have to play with it--some cuts are more fragile than others and the dials have to be adjusted.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to ltlemermaid

When your mat loses its sticky, you can wash it to revive the sticky or there are repositional glue sticks that you can use as well. Sometimes the mats curl at the edges-not sure on a solution for that but I am sure you will know when it is time to replace the mat. They last quite awhile if you wash them occasionally. The blade also lasts a long time assuming you are just cutting cardstock and pp. Thicker paper will wear it out sooner. When you are no longer getting a clean cut, it is time to replace it.
Have fun with your new toy! They are great to play with!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to crazycricut

Just be sure if you reuse your mats as suggested by Lynn (crazycricut) to wait until you pass your warranty. If something goes wrong and you have used anything other adhesives on the mats sold for the Cricut it will void your warranty.

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to gg loves Matthew

I can tell the adhesive on the mat is done when I start cutting a shape and the blade drags the paper around the mat.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to iuplori

thanks for all the inputs... i will have to keep these tips in mind... Love all the stuff I have done with my bug so far... can't wait to get more carts so I can play more... LOL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics