Page 1 of 774 
Username Post: PLEASE REMOVE: SWAP IS COMPLETED        (Topic#1521849)
thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

*Welcome to the Secret Sisters Swap!
Rosita and I will be co-hosting this swap again~and I hope it continues to be so much fun each and every round!

RULES/GUIDELINES:

1. This swap will begin on Jan. 1. I will match up the sisters on December 20th and send them out to you right away. Feel free to start teasing your sister, sending her e-cards, and/or shopping for her anytime after you receive her name!

2. If you sign up for this swap you will receive one secret sister (swap partner).

3. You will send her a package (examples would be some scrap supplies, candy, a favorite item (precious moments figurine, a willow tree decoration, etc. etc., depending on what your sister collects or likes) You will also be required to send her at least one message ON THE THREAD with an alternate id each month and you should feel free to send messages/cards online or through snail mail!

4. This round, we have a price MINIMUM of $25.00. You are required to spend at least that amount each month on your swap partner for three months. Feel free to go over, if you choose, but do not expect your sister to do the same. Some of the ladies in the swap do not have the funds to go beyond the limit, and that is totally okay. As long as you can spend that amount each month NOT including shipping costs (those are in addition to the 25.00) that is all that is required!!!

*just a little note, PLEASE look at your sisters wish list and get some general ideas from your sister about what she likes. You can pm her directly through your alternate id and ask her what her likes/dislikes are. If your sister doesn't have any children...she isn't going to want a bunch of kid items. It is just nice for your swap sis to know that you purchased these items for her...they aren't just stuff you threw in a box and hoped for the best

5. You would not put your name on the package/envie so you will remain a secret. It's a good idea to use a family members name as the return address, a trusted neighbor, or you can put your hubby to good use and use his name!

6. You can look up your partners profile to get some ideas of what to send. They have also been instructed to update their wishlist. Scrapbook.com will actually ship your item out to your sister if you include a note to block out your name and address information because it is for a secret sister exchange. This is often an easy and cheaper way to send your sister items directly from her wishlist...and who doesn't like getting things from their own wishlists?

7. You must check into this thread at least once a week. Communication is vital in this swap because the purpose of this swap is to get to know your fellow swappers! You'll get more out of this swap the more you post, and your ss can get more ideas as to what to send you.

8. Secret sisters will end on March 15, 2010 with the big reveal!

9. Never hesitate to pm me or Rosita if you have any questions, or need to know something specific from your SS. Rosita and I are here to help you!

10. Please mail your RAKS/gifts/cards out no later than: January 15th, February 15th, and March 15th. That should give the package time to arrive before end of the month. *THIS ROUND, IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED SOMETHING FROM YOUR SWAP SISTER BY Febuary 10TH, OR March 10TH THAT PARtNER WILL BE CONTACTED AND REMOVED FROM THE SWAP...AND WE WILL SWITCH IT AROUND SO THAT EVERYONE RECEIVES! I am not playing around with this! I HATE to see someone getting flaked on when they are faithful and send to their partners. I will NOT TOLERATE flakers in this swap...you will be removed and not able to participate in any future swaps with us. If I contact you and you can provide a tracking number, that is acceptable. I would LOVE it if when you all mail out your packages, you sent me a tracking number thru pm's so I can keep track. I understand mail issues happen too, so this will make the swap more organized.

11. Have fun, chat, share lo's, anything goes in this thread!

12. You must have at least 100 posts in order to sign up. Do not bother signing up if you have flaked in this swap before! You will be removed immediately!
13. To sign up, send me a PM with this information:
Screen Name
Name
Address
Email address (Rosita said I did this wrong last time and felt very obligated to bring it to my attention, so PLEASE make sure you send me your email )
Phone number (This will not be given out, but is for my records in case something happens to you)
Birthday
Do you collect anything?
Favorite snack
List of things you would like to receive (or a link to your wishlist which you will keep updated).
Are you willing to have an international sis this round???

Secret Sister Ideas:

You don't have to do these things, but remember, we are running this for 3 months, so I wanted to give you some ideas.

1) Create an additional ID to log on to sb.com (so you can communicate with your ss on the thread and send PMs, etc.)You do have to do this to write you sis on the thread AT LEAST once a month! A good idea is to post when you mail out a package and "tease" them about some of the goodies included!

2) Send a card.

3) Type a letter. Be sneaky and devious.

4) Remember, it doesn't have to be scrap stuff only but should include some scrap stuff!

Here is the list we used at my church, just to give you an idea. You DON'T have to do this...just some ideas!

An e-card
Homemade pie, cake, or cookies
Small votive candle wrapped in pretty fabric
A card in the snail mail - Everyone feels good about getting mail that isn’t a bill
A plant
Nail polish and a file
Book
Box of specialty tea or coffee
Photo album
Gift certificate to Block Buster with 2 or 3 bags of microwaveable popcorn
Picture frames
Basket of relaxing bath things
Coffee mug of suckers
Nice cookie cutter with recipe and ingredients
Set of placemats
Box of cool pens
Basket with tablecloth, wine, and glasses
Handbags/totes
New journal with nice pen
Old Navy has good gifts for under $10.00

*****Also, I must reiterate: DO NOT SIGN UP for this swap unless you are prepared to make a commitment to it. People have had their feelings hurt in the last swap, and I do not want to see that happen again. If something happens during the swap that affects your ablility to keep participating, please contact Rosita or myself...we both just want EVERYONE to enjoy this swap, get to know each other, and enjoy spoiling someone and getting spoiled in return!

Anytime you have a question or an issue, please contact both Rosita and myself...we want to be available to help you and make this swap fun, enjoyable, and just a great place to chat and spend time! Honestly, I have made some wonderful friends on this site and I know they will remain close friends to me! This is a place that has a bunch of amazing women! I have even chatted with some on the phone and met one of my previous secret sisters in person!

List of participants:
1. Christine* (and MORE INFO than I needed)
2. Nikilynn*
3. Fortunes fool*
4. DonnalynneRNC*
5. ladycraftcrack*
6. sdenison*
7. Melissa (Scrappintastic)*
8. Rosita*
9. Alda (flying unicorn)*
10. Kimberly (pink)*
11. Lavona (pursemommy)*
12. Rebecca (scrapbrarian)*
13. Mumsie23*
14. betty1*
15. youvegotmel*
16. terrihooper*
17. RachelUK*
18. Lydbug*
19. Sue*
20. Tina*
21. Joan*
22. Jackie*
23. Newbiemom*
24. pookie09*
25. twinkletwinklestarr*
26. krissyclarkmckee*
27. Loribee#1*
28. scrappiepammie*
29. msnickers*

* means I have received your information

Challenge #1
Pink's challenge~

My challenge is this:
Scrap any layout you choose
using the following products:
~1 stamp
~2 buttons
~1 ribbon
~at least 3 different pieces of patterened paper or cardstock.

That's it . You can add more than what is listed, it just must contain the minimum of the required things. And you can use any other products you want!

If you are signing up, just post it here. Then when you finish, post the layout in this thread and I'll put your name on the list.

The due date will be Febuary 12, 2010 at midnight. The winner will be determined by the vote on whether to vote or just draw a name. So that one is to be determined.

Hope lots of you do it! I'd love to have a bunch to chose from!

THIS IS CHALLENGE #2
Scrap someone from this site....copy off their picture or ask them to send you a photo, whatever. You don't have to use the photo if you don't want. I just want to see a layout about someone from this site (preferably this secret sisters group) and how they helped you with something, made you laugh, or just changed the way you scrap. I want to start a new album about my friends from this site and I needed motivation to get it started. And I thought what better motivation than seeing my favorite ladies scrap each other!

Rules: MUST BE NEW!

Other than that~do it in your style and use whatever you want on it! You can do one person or more than one. YOU CHOOSE! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

DUE DATE: March 1, 2010 midnight. On March 2, I will put all the names of everyone who submitted into a hat and then have one of my kids draw a name! Also....to make it a little more fun~EVERYONE WHO DOES THIS CHALLENGE RECEIVES A LITTLE GIFT FROM ME!

CHALLENGE #3 NIKILYNN'S CHALLENGE
My challenge:
Your first rule is that this is to be a NEW LO!!!

The due date will be Friday at Midnight on the 5th of March! All names will be entered in a hat and I will have Dave pick out a name.

Your LO MUST BE A Vintage LO... and must have a few buttons and at least a tag of some sort on it, that is distressed.
That is it!!!

I'm working on a Scrapbook from my parents childhood and I need some vintage ideas!!!!

I will then send the winner out some GOODIES!!!!!

I really hope you all help me out in my first challenge... Happy Scrapping!!!

Melody's challenge (youvegotmel)

Here's my challenge:
There are two requirements:
1. I want to see you ladies do a mostly black and white layout... at least 80% of the layout should be in black and white. (Shades of grey are acceptable too)and
2. Include a quote. It could be your favorite all time quote, or a quote that seems to go well with whatever pic(s) you're scrapping, or a quote from someone that you know...any kind of quote!

Edited by thinkpink22 on 03-26-10 12:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to thinkpink22

I AM THE FIRST ONE--------------------WH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO DI HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YALL KNOW HOW I LOVE TO BE FIRST--HAHAHHAHHA

Mayor
  • 888 on 12-01-09 06:48 PM
In response to Christine0106

Count me in again Sweet Pink and Rosita! I just LOVE you girls!!!

Edited by nikilynn on 12-01-09 06:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to 888

I'd like to play again!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to 888

whooooooooooo hoooooooooo--and now their are two!!!

now the hard part, chatting on two threads, until we are done with the other one!!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

ya know what i think is so funny, is i save this to my favs, then you see how many people actually look at this, but dont say a word, i wonder if people ever feel like a stalker?!?! hahahha

i actually, even if stopping by to be nosey, at least say HI, hahhahaha

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! cookie is back!!!!!

btw, how did all the sewing go, or should i go on the other thread and ask?!?!

donnalynneRNC
Queen
donnalynneRNC

Count me in!

LadyCraftCrack
Guru
LadyCraftCrack

I would like to join in on the fun. I am Donna Lynn's craft crack pal.

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to LadyCraftCrack

LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome craftcrack!!! hahhaha. donna told us all about you and what a fun girl you are!! the story of your name is still the talk of the town!!! lol--i love it!!!!

sdenison
Expert
sdenison

I'm in.

scrappintastic
Guru
scrappintastic
In response to sdenison

Count me in !!!!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to scrappintastic

Okay .... I'll play ... I'm in ...

Edited by Flying_Unicorn on 12-02-09 12:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Flying_Unicorn

bump

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

"4. This round, we have a price MINIMUM of $25.00. "

is 24.99 ok???

hahhahahhahahha

Mayor
  • 888 on 12-02-09 12:30 PM

Christine, you are ALWAYS making me laugh!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Christine0106 Said:

is 24.99 ok???

hahhahahhahahha

Okay you smart butt...NO 24.99 is NOT okay! You will be asked to leave or send your sister the penny...but flaking of that calliber will not be tolerated on here! Do I ever go onto your crop-ta-cular messages and make fun of your rules...well, bad example, I guess.

Edited by thinkpink22 on 12-03-09 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

hi sweetie.
yes i would like to sign up for the swap
thank you ,
joan

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to scrappy grandma

YEAH!!!! Joan!!! so good to see ya!!

make sure you scroll down to the bottom and click to save this thread to your favs so you dont loose us!!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Christine0106 Said:

is 24.99 ok???

hahhahahhahahha

Okay you smart @ss...NO 24.99 is NOT okay! You will be asked to leave or send your sister the penny...but flaking of that calliber will not be tolerated on here! Do I ever go onto your crop-ta-cular messages and make fun of your rules...well, bad example, I guess.

hahahahhahhahahha!!! you crack me up!!!!

Page 1 of 774 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics