Username Post: {On the 2nd Day Of Christmas...}        (Topic#1521933)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

On the 2nd Day Of Christmas...

Today is the second day of 12 - 25 until Christmas arrives!

With that in mind, let's take the time to share, play games & make each day extra fun here at sb.com!

* Please feel free to share A Daily Christmas Project.

* Share A Daily Holiday Memory Of The Day!

* What are you Journaling? Where are you going? What are you doing?

* Share A Special Holiday Recipe.

* Share A Holiday-Inspired Blog Sighting! (Please provide the link).

* Share Your Recent Purchase Of The Day! (aka enable us!)...We want to see what you got!

* Just for Fun! - In The Scrapbookers 12 Days Of Christmas Song, today's theme is 2 Gift Cards!

What would YOU buy with $500 sb.com Christmas dollars!

OK, Day 2!

Once again, Ready? Now...Let's Have Some Fun!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Just to get you started, Today's Inspiration Challenge Of The Day!

2 Turtle Doves

Let's See What We Can Make!

(Cards, Tags, Trees, Wreaths, Ornaments, LOs, etc.)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Tim Holtz 12 Tags Of Christmas

Be sure to check it out & Be Inspired!

timholtz.com

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Turtle Dove Bars

(Makes about 36)

Ingredients

For the crust:

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup pecan halves

For the filling:

* 2/3 cup butter
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup butterscotch-flavored chips
* 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.

2. To make the crust, combine all ingredients except the pecans in a large mixer bowl and beat until well mixed and particles are fine. Press into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking pan. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the crust.

3. To make the filling, combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil. Boil, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 242 F or a small amount of the mixture dropped into ice water forms a firm ball. Immediately pour over pecans and crust.

4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until entire caramel layer is bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with butterscotch and chocolate chips. Allow to melt slightly (3 to 5 minutes). Swirl chips leaving some whole for a marbled effect.

5. Cool completely and cut into bars.

(source - christmascookies.com)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Emblems Of Love

- Perhaps because of these biblical references (especially the well known verse from the Song of Songs), but also because of its mournful voice and the fact that it forms strong pair bonds, Turtle Doves have become emblems of devoted love. In Renaissance Europe the Turtle Dove was envisaged as the devoted partner of the phoenix. Robert Chester's poem Love's Martyr is a sustained exploration of this symbolism. It was published along with other poems on the subject, including William Shakespeare's poem "The Phoenix and the Turtle" (where "turtle" refers to the turtle dove).

- The Turtle Dove also features in a number of folk songs about love and loss.

- Turtle Doves also feature in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas", as the gift "my true love gives to me" on the second day of Christmas; by the end of the song, she ends up with 22 of them.

- Both Buddy Holly's hit 1957 song "That'll Be the Day" and Alabama's 1983 hit Dixieland Delight refer to affection as "turtle doving".

- In the film "Home Alone 2: Lost In New York" starring Macaulay Culkin and Joe Pesci, Mr. Duncan, the toy store owner of Duncan's Toy Chest, tells Kevin MacCallister (Culkin) about the friendship and love bond between two turtle doves. He gives Kevin a tree ornament of a pair of turtle doves and tells Kevin to keep one and give one to someone special, explaining that as long as each has the ornament their friendship will be forever. At the film's conclusion, Kevin gives one of the turtle doves to the Central Park pigeon woman, who helps save him from the two bandits.

(source: Wikepedia)

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to KellyCali

I would buy everything on my wishlist with $500 to sb.com. I don't even know how much stuff is on my wishlist! My boyfriend is supposed to be ordering me stuff from my wishlist - he better get it all! lol!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to livelovecreate86

I'm with you on that!

I say $500 dollars would just about do it!

p.s. That would be one ginormous stocking, if ever there was one! LOL!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Here's Hoping You & Everyone Here recieve everything they want (& then some!)

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to KellyCali

$500 could buy A LOT of scrappy goodness;)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to shopgirlaudi

Or for some, a much needed storage shed!

LOL!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to KellyCali

With $500 from sb.com, I would get all the tools that I really want but can't afford right now. A Big Bite, the cute Sizzix Embossing purse, a Cricut Expression to replace my baby bug...and probably some new storage items to store all my awesome new stuff in!

Danasgoodies1
Pro
Danasgoodies1
In response to Smashley

Oh my gosh, I would be in scrappin heaven with $500 ! How fun and what an awesome Christmas present from my FAVORITE SCRAPBOOKING SITE !

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Danasgoodies1

Now THAT would definitely make my day!...week..month..year....!!!

Just think of all the fantastic stuff you could get at the store here for $500! I'd have to move my little scrapping area into one of the bedrooms to make room for all my new stuff!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

With $500 from sb.com, I would definitely get every color of stickle there is just for starters. Next would be LOTS of flower embellies, PRETTY papers and cardstock. Not sure what else but that would get me off to a good start.

LEIALOHA
Veteran
LEIALOHA
In response to cdjohnson

I would just have a ball spending $500.00 on sb.com - I would stock up on all my favorite embillies! and much more!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 12-03-09 12:10 PM
In response to LEIALOHA

I would buy 2 of whatever I could get for $500 so I could share with my buddy txrnc!! she does such amazing work! anyway it would be nice to just get a sticker pack--im grateful for whatever I get!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 12-03-09 12:11 PM
In response to zrock

btw the recipe sounds yummy I copied it down so i can try it out!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics