Username Post: pages won't fit        (Topic#1522049)
Tenant

OK,So here's my problem.i have a 12x12 book and I have 12x12 pages but they don't fit exactly right in my book.My pages are kinda wavy.Does this make since?Will it eventually straighten out or should I cut my pages shorter?

yikezitzkaitlyn
New Kid On the Block
yikezitzkaitlyn
In response to momaof3

personally, i would make them just a tad smaller, if they aren't fitting right.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to yikezitzkaitlyn

I've had that problem too. I solved it by trimming just a little bit off the edges (right and left) of the background paper. The problem is either than your LO is thick (embellies that took a lot of room) or your page protector is not really 12 X 12. I've heard of that with some brands, can't remember which brands, but either way it's an easy fix. Just don't put anything really close to the sides of the LO so you don't end up having to trim them off! LOL HTH

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to sweet1

Yup...Just slice off a thin amount with your cutter. It'll be ok and just keep in mind when you scrap your pages in the future that you'll need to allow for that trim for these sheet protector pages

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to RockStar

Welcome to the world of scrapbooking, where some manufacturer's idea of 12 inches is really 11 7/8 or so.

The answer is to either "measure" you pages before you create them. Slip your paper in to the protector to be sure it fits. Trim first, if necessary.

or

Find a "true" 12x12 protector you like, and stick to it.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Bxr-Linda

The first album I bought was a Pioneer, and since I'm anal, I've kept buying them to have consistency on the shelf. Anyhow, they're one of the fake 12x12 page makers. I always slice a quarter inch off the side and an eighth off the top of my background paper before I add anything to it. On the plus side it's a straploading (?) album and it's really easy to undo and add foam spacers between the protectors so the lumpy pages don't bow out the book.

Lisa

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to lstory

I buy different albums by different companies, I go more for the looks of the album than the manufacturer, so I've had some true 12 X 12 and some not...so I've just gotten into the habit of cutting 1/4 inch off every page before I even begin! Sometimes, this hasn't been enough...b/c my LOs are really bulky, but it works most of the time.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to StarsNSparkles

does anyone know of a company that does true 12 by 12 protectors?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to flutterbye0419

• flutterbye0419 Said:
does anyone know of a company that does true 12 by 12 protectors?

These are the ones I use. I have never had a problem with pages fitting. I use D-ring albums.

pipitastro
Resident
pipitastro
In response to flutterbye0419

The ones I know are American Tradional Design and Colorbok. I hate using the fake 12x12. So when I go to a scrapbook store, I would bring the album that I'm not sure to the paper isle. Then I would borrow a couple pages and insert them to the page protector...just to make sure before I buy it...

00elly00
Idol
00elly00
In response to pipitastro

I've had this problem the only solution I've came up with is taking some off the side and top (don't forget the top or it will poke out and then get all folded and not look too good)

Crankylady
Veteran
Crankylady
In response to 00elly00

I buy a lot of my albums, new, but at thrift stores. So the brands vary, I have had that happen. I have trimmed the edges, but some of my pages were done all the way to the edge and I couldn't so I had to put them in a different book. So now before I start a page, I slide the paper in first and check the size! You can teach an old new tricks!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics