Username Post: Looking for a good scrapbook        (Topic#1522695)
New Kid On the Block

I'm looking for a good scrap book. Part of the issue I'm having is that places like Walmart, Target, and so on don't sell scrap books. They sell expensive photo albums.

I don't want a book with just album slots. And I don't want it to just be a bunch of plastic pages and slots.

I want something that will hold ticket stubs from a Football game I went to, have paper for notes about pictures I add, have non-plastic slots for say a bracelet I used to wear in high school, beads from vacation I took, sea shells from the beach, etc.

The cruddy thing about buying online is the never show a full display of the pages. It will just say 40 pages, 12 X 12, scrapbook...and invariably that will mean, only holds pictures.

I don't really have the time to go to a scrap hobby shop, put together my own design, get the materials, and then build it (while that would be rewarding cause I love art and get satisfaction from creating, just no time).

So why am I having so much trouble just finding a scrapbook someone already made that is exactly what I need??

Ms.CRKS
Diva
Ms.CRKS
In response to Niceystrom

Have you searched the store here for pre-made album/page kits? Maybe Etsy or Evilbay or some pre-made albums? I wish I had some better advice...good luck!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Ms.CRKS

I guess I don't understand what you are talking about. Target, Walmart etc DO sell scrapbooks, they aren't photo albums (in the scrapbook section).
When you scrapbook stuff like ticket stubs, bracelets, etc you put them ON a page and then the page goes into the plastic page protectors.

Are you wanting something different than a scrapbook? I just don't really understand what you mean I guess.

Chefs Wifey
Expert
Chefs Wifey
In response to tinacome

If you don't want to add these special items directly to the page, what about page protecters that have pockets/sleeves? Then you can just add it to you book? Hope that helps?

New Kid On the Block
In response to Chefs Wifey

Did you ever get a highschool memory book? For your Senior year? Similar to that. There were spaces to write in, next to tabs on the pages where you could put in various items.

I went to Walmart, all they have is a book that has plastic protectors in it. That's it. 1 size, 6X6, 12X12, etc, nothing custom.

"what about page protectors that have pockets/sleeves?"

Of various sizes. Yes. However, I wanted a more all natural feel. So non-plastic. Maybe some kind of page tabs that could hold a variety of items.

Edited by Niceystrom on 12-13-09 10:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 12-13-09 10:54 AM
In response to Niceystrom

• Quote:
I want something that will hold ticket stubs from a Football game I went to, have paper for notes about pictures I add, have non-plastic slots for say a bracelet I used to wear in high school, beads from vacation I took, sea shells from the beach, etc.

All of these can be put on a scrapbook page (a paper or cardstock page) that you slide into a page protector. For an example, see this layout:
shells on page

If you use a three-ring binder, sometimes called a D-ring binder, you could put in a combination of paper protectors and pages or items that are not in page protectors.

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-
In response to IzzyB

I know you said you don't really like looking online, but I would look for premade albums! a lot of people sell them on evil bay... check there or google pre made albums!

SFabulous
Resident
SFabulous
In response to -Jenn-

I would suggest talking with a consultant from a scrapbooking company like Creative Memories or something like that becuase they might be able to understand a little more what you're looking for. The trend these days is to either create everything yourself on a 12x12 or 8.5x11 page or to put your pictures in photos slots. What you're looking for isn't as popular as it used to be so it will be harder to find, but a consultant might be able to help you build what you're looking for for relatively inexpensive.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
In response to SFabulous

You can always hire someone to make your perfect book. It'll cost a little bit (I hear people charging $5-10 per page). That would probably be your best bet. Or try local photographers to see if they can find a neat memory book. You aren't going to find it at a big box store like Wal-Mart/Target. There just isn't much market for it. Most people stick to albums and memory boxes or scrapbook themselves.

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to ScrapHappyStArLIGhT

I know what you are asking for.... I got a "memory" book at mny bridal shower that has "pockets" for momentos. I beleive it came from Halmark. Maybe they have other, non themed related books? Or get what you can find and recover it.

I do not think this would be hard to make. Like others have said, all you need is a 3 ring binder, sheet protectors for LOs and cardstock to make your own "pockets" (or even easier premade larger envelopes. Decorate how you wish.

Etsy has vendors that will make things for you. We use them with our brides all of the time when we can not find something reasy made. Best bet would be to find a vendor who makes custom scrapbooks and describe what you need.

Good luck and post a pic when you find or make what you want. This would be cool to see.

Thanks,

Tiff

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

I too kind of know what you mean, I have a couple for baby albums I got as gifts but never used..not sure why I'm keeping them though..
But check Hallmark or like someone else said, contact a Creative Memories consultant. They often will do a book up for you that you can put your stuff in the way you want.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics