Page 1 of 13 
Username Post: The Why Did I Buy This Challenge        (Topic#1522819)
KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-14-09 05:22 AM

The Winner of Round #1

Formally the "You Know You Have It" Challenge

Runs from December 15 to January 15

Hi and welcome!! This is the second round of this challenge. It was a pretty good hit last month, so let's see what we can do this month!!

This Challenge runs from the 15th to the 15th of each month. That way not everything is due at the end of the month. Plus if you have done all of your challenges, here is new one for ya!!

About the challenge. This is for that item in your stash that you thought was so cool that you just had to buy it. Then you got home and thought, what am I going to do with this?? Maybe it’s a flower, a sticker pack, some eyelets or brads. Or some other embellishment that was too unique to pass up. Go get that item, figure out a way to use it, and use it!!! [color]

Rules:

Item must be an embellishment of some sort – You may use a form of pattern paper. However, it must be used to embellish the page, not as the background.

Layout (or project) must be new as of December 15. One layout per person. You can share more if you like but, don't share to many!! As long as I have Why the's and people sign up, this challenge will continue!!

Anyone can join at anytime, but please remember...leave love for other players!!

I will post all entries on first page. (Remember to public embed)
Tell us what the item is…or take a picture of it before you use it and post that here.
Challenge will run until January 15. I will take pm's of favorites starting on the 16. If there are 12 or less entries send me 3 favs 13 or more send me 5 favs. There is no RAK for this, we are trying to get rid of stuff, not accumulate more But the winner's layout gets center stage on next months thread!!

I'm sorry no digi's for this, must be paper layouts.

A shoulder I could always count on.
By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

Dear Santa - I Can Explain!!!!
By Margy

Family Tree
By Yadee87

Beach Bums
By Iuplori

kindergarten
By AllAmy

Sisters. Friends. Forever. By Mrs. Momma

Dear Santa By Runzalot81

Do a Dance By Tdn823

Reflection By Northernmemories

Summertime Family Fun By ScrappyHeather

Kitty By KrickleScraps

What Would You Do for a Klondike Bar? By Provinca

Seeing Double?? Up Up And Away! By Canadiancandy

dillon By Scrapriguez

Edited by KimKV on 01-14-10 11:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to KimKV

I'm in; no doubt! Now I have to go back and find the last thread because I totally flaked on voting. Nevermind! I see there's one more day to play.

Edited by MommaSaid on 12-14-09 05:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to MommaSaid

I'd like to get in on this one! I have to get my 2 pager done first though... lol

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-14-09 05:34 AM
In response to scrappinnelly

Awesome!!! Welcome!!

Anne: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15205...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to MommaSaid

I'll play Kimmy....because Lordy knows I have tons and tons of stuff I need to get used and out of my stash.

My item will be a large (4" I think) flower by Petaloo. I actually didn't pick this out, it was a grab bag deal and I got stuck with it...lol...so I hope this will count. I've tried trading them (there are 4, but only making myself use one) and tried selling them...but just can't get rid of them! LOL

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-14-09 05:36 AM
In response to StarsNSparkles

Hey if you got it and don't know WHAT to do with it, it counts!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to KimKV

I don't know what to do with it b/c it is so big! It will take up half the page and leave less room for all my other clutter

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to KimKV

I'm in! But still need to go thru my stash.

LindaScraps2
Idol
LindaScraps2
In response to tinadn

Good Morning

I would like to attempt this challenge Kim.....

Not sure what i will use but i have lots of pictures thats for sure!!! I have been finding tools, with all the holiday cleaning and wondering why i bought this stuff????...So put me down from 1 lo and i will see where i go from there....thanks linda

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-14-09 06:39 AM
In response to LindaScraps2

Hello Everybody!!! Glad to have all!!!

I think using a tool, that makes an embellish would count. Make sure to tell us what the tool was and what you made with it!!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to KimKV

Do I need to tell you now what I am going to use, Kim? I'll do some searching this afternoon during nap to find something....

Mrs. Momma
Idol
Mrs. Momma
In response to scrappinnelly

I'd like to play, but I'll have to go through my stash... And it may be after Christmas or in January before I can do this. My month's worth of Scrappin' Mojo is just about spent... *sigh*

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Mrs. Momma

You know I'm in Kim. Gotta use up all my stuff so we can go shopping at CKC in April!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to provinca

Count me in i have tons of stuff lying around that i look at & just scratch my head.

Canadiancandy
Mayor
Canadiancandy
In response to KimKV

I'll try again.. goodness knows I have drawers that I don't even know whats at the bottom lol I'm sure there will be something else in there.
count me in.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to xAlysonex

Pretty cool challenge. I know we've all got that something that made us so excited when we first found it, and now has us scratching our heads in bewilderment. I'm a tool junkie, so if I find time to join in, it will probably be with something I haven't tried yet. That won't be too hard to do since I had the Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment punch for about 6 months before finally using it last weekend. Gasp!
Products Referenced in This Post:

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to traceyjean

I am totally in! I just got this and I watched the DVD but I am still not too sure about it. Guess I need to just dive right in! This is just the challenge that I needed!
Products Referenced in This Post:

KrickleScraps
Diva
KrickleScraps
In response to mrsmiller

I'd like to give it try. I have a ton of stuff that I've had forever, meaning, 2+ years!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-14-09 12:43 PM
In response to KrickleScraps

WOW!! Look at all the players!! I'm so excited to have the new and returning players!!!

Let's see:

Kristi, no you don't have to tell me now. You can tell me/us whenever you figure it out! And mention it in you description too.

Mrs. Momma, no worries, this runs until the middle of January. Take you time - and sending mojo you way!

If you use a tool, make sure to tell us what embelly you made with it.

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to KimKV

Count me in! I just gotta figure out which embelly to use.

Page 1 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics