Username Post: good, better, best...ADHESIVE!???        (Topic#1522897)
tickledpinkrain
New Kid On the Block
tickledpinkrain

Hi there!

What's the best adhesive?? Both tape runners and liquid glue? I want to start selling some of my homemade crafts, premade scrapbooks, etc. but I want to ensure that my products are full proof. I already have an adhesive I like, but I want some opinions on what is the best. I used the one I'm using now simply b/c it's inexpensive, and because it's never given me any problems...but not because I actually know anything about it!

help! THANKS in advance

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-15-09 10:23 AM
In response to tickledpinkrain

I LOVE the ATG 714 for strip.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 12-15-09 10:32 AM
In response to KimKV

I second the ATG gun. It is pricey up front, but the refills last forever and it saves you money eventually.

Zip Dry is a great liquid glue.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KimKV

Another Adhesive Question -ATG
What Adhesive to use?
What's the best adhesive?
What adhesive do you recommend now?
Adhesive
Articles: adhesives
Tips: adhesive

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to CASBa

I've never actually tried the ATG gun but I've been seriously considering it! I have heard so many amazing things about it so I would say go for it!

tufano79
Idol
tufano79
In response to Jordannichole

ATG -- the best adhesive EVAH!!!

Lasts forever!

Hugs, Josie

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to tufano79

I love my Xyron X but Do NOT like the bigger xyron Machines.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to mojosmaddy

atg 714 here also for the best category, I do like the X for small things and even the xyron 500.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to mojosmaddy

My absolute fave is Therm-o-web memory tape runner, although I don't like the price tag. After a few years of using it I've never had it break or tangle, and it is quite forgiving (you can lift up and reposition the item for several minutes after placing it without tearing the paper beneath it) but once it is fully dried it is very much permanent.

I've heard nothing but good things about the atg and considered switching recently (due to price of the thermoweb) but people here said it was not very forgiving. Since I'm an eyeballer scrapper, and I hate to measure or draw guidelines for things, my adhesive has to be forgiving. The price of thermoweb memory runner isn't actually that bad if you buy the value pack of refills here (price is about $19 for 6 refills, versus $7.50 each at Michaels) but I find shipping to Canada is pretty much prohibitive (my only beef with this site- shipping to Canada is significantly higher than any other US site I've ordered from).

Other adhesives I love:
-Glue dots for attaching anything to mini albums (they are handled more so they require a super strong adhesive in my opinion)
-Zig 2-way glue pen for resticking edges of mini album pages that come loose after sanding the edges, or for anything little
-Xyron X for title letters or things cut with my slice.

Edited by mercytiara on 12-15-09 01:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to mercytiara

I love the ATG 714 and I find that it has a bit of time before it sets. I also find it helps to not press down hard till you are sure of the placement. I got mine for around 42 and about 3.25 per roll of the gold adhesive (36 yards). Love this gun it works really well and I found a place to ship it to Canada for a good price.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to CorrieW

Ok, I thought I had made up my mind to "stick" with my thermo-web memory runner, but now I'm back on the fence about getting the ATG... oh I wish I could give it a try without having to buy it! If it is a bit forgiving if you don't press it down all the way, that's all I'd need. And it is Sooooo much cheaper in the long run... hmmm. I could always keep a small supply of thermo web for really fussy projects and use the ATG as my main glue gun.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to mercytiara

ATG 714!!!!

scraparella
Expert
scraparella
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I'm gonna have to try the ATG 714 myself. If your leary about the investment, maybe one of these awesome gals would mail you a 3-4 inch strip to test.

Edited by scraparella on 12-16-09 07:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to scraparella

My adhesive choice depends upon what I am doing. ScraPerfect has a new one coming out at CHA (Jan 24) called The Best Glue Ever! It's a liquid glue that is amazingly versatile. It is fast tack, strong hold, quick dry, not stringy, dries clear, works on metal, plastic, paper and just about everything else. You can even adhere ribbon It is water cleanup BUT permanent if used for gems and glitter on fabric and allowed to dry and then washed.

It has a thin spout so that you can draw with it and then add flock, glitter or microbeads.

STAY TUNED --and ask your lss to order it!

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:

I agree 100% I LOVE my ATG!! It is sooo worth it.

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:

I totally agree. I have one and love it. It pays for itself really fast.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics