Username Post: Pazzles Inspiration or Cricut Expression?        (Topic#1522899)
dscrap1
New Kid On the Block
dscrap1

Help! My husband wants to buy me a diecut machine for Christmas and I don't know which one to pick!!! My friends all have Cricuts and I thought I wanted one, but what if the Pazzles Inspiration is better???? Help!
Products Referenced in This Post:

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-
In response to dscrap1

I have both yes, I know, i'm spoiled...

Here is the longest post... EVER!! I get this question all the time

Cricut: LOVE this machine!!

Pros: I love it, because it's so easy to use! all I have to do is put in my cartridge, push a few buttons, and i'm done! so so easy! Plus, in my opinion, provocraft has really cute images to cut out!! I love my design studio, I love being able to put my images where ever I want on the mat, (really helpful while using scraps, and cutting more then one image on different colors of papers etc) I also love my juke box because on my design studio I can cut something from.... paper dolls and something from.... plantin schoolbook all in one print!

Cons: the cricut is cheaper up front, but after you are done getting your circut to do everything the pazzles does, you have spent well over a few grand!!! The cricut (by it's self) does have a lot of features (such as fit to page etc) already on the machine, so getting the design stuido and juke box etc is not necessary. but to get maxium easy use out of it, I do recomend investing in those things!! Also, the cartridges are SO expensive! 80 bucks for a cartridge (brand new retail price, PM me for websites with cheap carts). Plus I don't really care for the fonts that provocraft makes (which is why I bought my cricut in the first place... to cut out letters)

Pazzles: Has saved my life SO many times!!

Pros: This machine comes with EVERYTHING you could ever need!!! It comes with a design program (like the design studio, but a lot better). With the pazzles, you can cut any font that is on your computer, plus you can download millions of free fonts!! (how amazing is that?). You can also cut most images from places like clip art, and other non complex shapes. You can also download free images online. (PM me for good places to find free downloads) I go to blogs, and they will make really cool stuff to cut out! I have heard that you can scan stuff onto your computer, and cut it out, but I havn't done it or looked into it more, so I don't know too much about that. The machine also comes with a lot of fonts and images already on the design program. I love this machine also, because it's very "last minute" friendly. Tonight my mom wanted 2 cars cut out, well, I don't have any car cartridges for my cricut, so I found a easy car online, copy and pasted it into my program, and traced it. This machine has really saved my life!!! Everything is right there on your computer!! no more looking thru cartridge handbooks, and looking for lost cartridges etc!! it's nice to have everything right there!

Cons: I find the pazzles very time consuming. Yes, the fonts and images that come with the machine are nice and easy to cut out, but it takes a lot of time to search the net and download new fonts and images. Plus, it's not a guarantee every image is going to turn out ok when you vectorize it (not sure what that means, I just know if you copy and paste a really easy shape like a square or an apple or something like that, then you wont need to trace it) or trace it, it might not come out like you want it to. So after you spend forever downloading new images, then when you are ready to cut it out, you have to open every file to find the picture you are looking for (i'm not for sure if it's every computer, but my files wont show what the picture looks like on my computer). So then, you have to figure out how to get your new found files into your "blue book" (which is a "book" of files on the program, which lets you organize your files, and lets you preview them) but I honestly can't figure out how to organize it how I like it! I spent all of last weekend trying to figure it out, and I failed. I consider myself very computer friendly. I took a computer class every semester in high school, and I can't figure it out!! There is tutorials online that show you how to do it though, but I just can't figure it out!

They both cut 12x24 if you get a big enough mat. They will also both use different tools, such as a marker tool, but pazzles has different things like embossing tool, distressing tool etc...

I am sure there is more stuff, I just can't think of any right now!!

So long story short, if you have the time to devote to getting things just the way you like it, then I would for sure say go with the pazzles!!!! But if you don't mind spending a little more money for having quickness and easyness, then go with the cricut!!

I love both of my machines, and in my mind both of them are totally different, I honestly couldn't chose between the two of them!!

I hope this was helpfull!! PM me if you have any questions about anything!! also PM me for different websites I can direct you to, that I think might help if this doesn't!! good luck and totally enjoy your new machine! trust me, you will love either one!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to -Jenn-

I also have both and find myself going to the Cricut much for frequently.
I get so frustrated with the Pazzles. I find that for doing titles a piece of cake but then anything else I have not even tried any other art because I am very technically challenged. I should not have ever bought this because I get to freaked out about learning new stuff that intimidates me. I have less than 10 cutting hours on it but several hours of playing with the software I just need to invest some time or sell it so someone else can enjoy it. I know that it has great capabilities.

jmaliniak
New Kid On the Block
jmaliniak
In response to creater1

Wow Jenn thank you so much for list of pros and cons for each!!! I have been tryin to decide between the two and I think that the Pazzles is going to win. My husband has told me that once our tax return comes in I can pick which ever one I want!!! Where did you get your, and what did it come with? Thanks!!!

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-
In response to jmaliniak

No problem I bought mine on sb.com during one of there sales. The box came with everything you need! it came with the machine, the cord, the charger, the program, a mat, and a blade. the program comes with 300+ images and fonts.

suepup
suepup 
Diva
suepup
In response to -Jenn-

I must agree with Jenn on every pro and con!
I own both and use both for different things I need to cut. I use the Pazzle much more than the Cricut. The Gypsy makes using the Expression easier! The Pazzle is cheaper in the end and much more flexible and gives you more unique images! On the other hand, you must have some computer skill to use the Pazzle software.

lylacfey
Resident
lylacfey
In response to suepup

I agree with Jenn on everything too. I have a BossKut Gazelle instead of a Pazzles though. It uses the same software. I use my Gazelle for my designs and complex items. I really rely on my Cricut. It's so easy. I do love the designs.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics