Username Post: Help..too many pages for my album        (Topic#1523153)
originalee
Veteran
originalee

Really it is my aunt's. She has done a 50 page scrapbook for her hubby's Christmas present. However, she can't fit them all into her post-bound album. She said she has never had luck with the extenders, & wondered if there is another way. I told her I would ask the experts here. Any suggestions? She is not opposed to buying something other than post-bound. thanks in advance! ~originalee

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to originalee

A lot of people on here say that the D ring albums (American Crafts, I think) hold a lot more pages than the postbound. I have also found that straphinge albums from Westrim or Creative Memories can hold quite a few.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

I had the same problem with my son's baby book and I bought a d-ring album by American crafts (they sell them here too) and it soved my problem! I love those albums, I just wish I had found out about them before my postbound albums broke! I can fit 50 pages in one (actually 64) but it depends on how thick her pages are. Either way you can fit a lot more in than with the post bound and you dont have to worry about the extenders coming apart. hope this helps!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to ShaylaCreations

I have a D-ring album from We-R-Memory Keepers and it definitely has over 50 pages. If I'm doing a large album, I'll never get anything other than a D-ring album. It's so much easier to move pages around and add pages since it's a 'binder' style.

ScrapperDMcG
Resident
ScrapperDMcG
In response to fknapoleon

you can also convert the post album to a snapload album...buy the converter kit it's $5.00. That's what I do.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-19-09 10:18 AM
In response to ScrapperDMcG

Those snaploads are great!!

My only problem with the D-Ring albums is that they are even bigger than the post albums and stick out of the book case even more
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by KimKV on 12-19-09 10:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to ScrapperDMcG

• ScrapperDMcG Said:
you can also convert the post album to a snapload album...buy the converter kit it's $5.00. That's what I do.

I have converted several of my post bound albums with the snapload and a few have come unglued. I then used large glue dots to hold them in and that is working great.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Sunnydi

just an FYI...you can usually pick up the snapload converters at your local hobby/craft store. (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc.) If she is running out of time.

Shannonmarie123
Pro
Shannonmarie123
In response to Nancy Keslin

either a 3 ring binder or the Pioneer - Scrapbook Binding System - Snap Load

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Those snaploads are great!!

My only problem with the D-Ring albums is that they are even bigger than the post albums and stick out of the book case even more

wow, these look great! I love the D-rings (even though they are bulky) but I have to try this lol! I have quite a few postbound albums I've outgrown.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to ShaylaCreations

Oh my goodness, I had once seen those things at Wal-Mart but I didn't know what they did. Those looks really cool!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

WRMK postbound will hold 70 pages. That is what the company emailed me. Their 3 ring hold more. They carry them here.

Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis
In response to anda11

Check out ....

scrapbook album part 2

scrapbook album part 3

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to Debby Lewis

I use D-rings almost exclusively now. They hold a lot and since I have some 'lumpy' pages, they work out for me better. I've seen them at M's in some nice warm colors like dark blue and dark red. Their quality has improved as well. Pebbles, Inc sells REALLY nice leather ones that I have several of. If she chooses D'ring she could get a blue one at M's and then when a leather one comes in, she can switch it to that. Unless you live in Provo, then you can dash to the store there. I picked up a few when I was there for CKU and then ordered more after I got home.

Edited by Legomom on 12-20-09 05:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Legomom

D-ring....is that the same thing as the 3 ringer binder?

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Anna C

I love the look of a post bound book and love how the pages have no gap. What I do is start with a D ring book get my pages in the sequence then I transfer them to a postbound.
TIP: I go to a specialty screw store we have one called Tacoma Screw and then I buy the same kind of post except they are one piece no more breaking at the post extentions. They are available in 1, 1.25, and up. Then I add spacers as needed in order to have the book even on both side.
If the book spine does not allow for that much expansion then perhaps you can find a coordinating piece of leather, suede etc that will have the support and enhance your book. Hope that helps.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to creater1

My wedding album is 80 pages and I coverted to snap n' load-works great! Although, the album is too heavy to pick up!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to Scrapbook Queen

Anna, it's the same, but the rings are shaped like a D.
I must admit I was kind of 'anti' 3 ring because I was used to strap hinge. I never liked post to begin with. But when I started getting into more 'lumpy' pages and interactive ones as well I switched to D-ring and almost exclusively use them. I also like the fact I can add and move pages easily. I'm always being sent pictures of events that I've already scrapped but want to include the pics that were given to me. So I can add a page to an event easily and move things around.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics