Username Post: Religious paper and embellishments ....        (Topic#1523207)
New Kid On the Block

For some strange reason I cannot pull up any paper or embellishments with a Christian religious theme. Nothing in Christmas or Easter. Am I not looking in the right places, and if so, can someone point me to the correct section?

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan
In response to sandalwood

I sent you a pm

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan
In response to huskerfan

Hi again,
At the top where it says Superstore go down to where it says Quick search and type in religious you should find some good stuff there.
hope that helps

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to huskerfan

I think faith/religious themed paper is always hard to find,,,I'm Jewish and always have a RIDICULOUS time finding Jewish themed paper,,,Good luck,,,,maybe eventually manufacturers will understand how important faith is to people!!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to CommaHolly

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

It just seems strange when you go to the Easter or the Christmas theme sections of scrapbook.com all you see are Easter eggs, Santa Claus, and Christmas balls. I guess people have forgotten the reason for these holidays.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

Stamp companies seem to cater more to different religious groups. Our Daily Bread has some amazing Christian items and I have seen many Jewish stamps that are very pretty.

MiriamK
Diva
MiriamK
In response to Here Kitty

I have a Quickutz dreidel diecut.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to MiriamK

I'm PMing you now.

Good luck. And I totally agree about only finding Santa Clause and Easter Eggs. The real reason for the holidays have, sadly, been forgotten!

Edited by provinca on 12-20-09 03:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to provinca

My only granddaughter goes to a private Christian school and it is VERY difficult to find proper background scrapbook paper for events at her school and her life as she grows.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to sandalwood

Hobby Lobby has religous paper. I just saw it the other day. At eastertime they had vellum printed with crosses....very nice.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to wilbur

Flair Designs (the Superstore sells some of their products) almost always has a faith-based line of papers and stickers. Here is one called Amazing Grace:

http://www.flairdesignsinc.com/product_detail.asp?prodL...

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kanary

Here are just a few to get you started...I'm sure there are more!

Also, don't forget to look up or into other keywords such as Love, Joy, Peace, hearts, stars, music, etc.

HTH!

Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by KellyCali on 12-20-09 06:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

identicaltriplets
Veteran
identicaltriplets
In response to KellyCali

Papers certainly are hard to find but I do a LOT of faith related work (most of my work is faith related). Anyway, I mostly use stamps by Our Daily Bread Designs, Layers of Color, Cornish Heritage Farms, and one I designed for Unity Stamp Co. If you look in my gallery and go to my "Scripture and Faith Based" album you will be able to see what I create, what I use, and where I get my items. I hope that helps or feel free to PM me! Blessings to you!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to identicaltriplets

One thing I can suggest, if you can find stamps that you like,,,,,

try heat embossing on paper,,,,,,,you can actually make your OWN pp this way,,,,

I haven't tried it yet, but was in a Hanukkah swap where my partner made her own paper this way, and it was GORGEOUS!!!!! If you haven't seen heat embossing, it's truly lovely,,,,

Stamps are extremely versitile with a little work

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

Not exactly related, but I have 2 packages of Christian-related stickers, unopened. One is blues and whites (borders and sentiments), I think with a baptism theme, and I can't remember the other one. PM me if you'd like me to RAK them to you.

PriscyScraps
Tenant
PriscyScraps
In response to mercytiara

Morning, if you google Be Blessed Scrapbook Paper and Brownlow Scrapbook Paper, you will find more paper and stickers.

I don't know if Be Blessed is still in business but online stores do have their lines.

Brownlow is still a gift company but they stopped providing scrapbook paper.

I once worked with both companies and can tell you that both papers are of great quality (not cardstock but not some flimsy pp)

HTH

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to PriscyScraps

Here is a site I stumbled across a few months ago when looking for things for my son's confirmation.
Haven't ordered from them yet, but I liked some of their stuff.

http://www.faithfullyyours.net/Store/

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics