Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Anyone have any ideas for pages about India        (Topic#1523221)
fashionmommie
Tenant
fashionmommie

I need some help. In November I went to India for 14 days for work. Took TONS of photos. I want to do a book or some pages to show my trip, however I am not sure where to begin. I usually find tons of inspirations on the gallery, but there doesn't seem to be a lot around India. Anyone have any ideas or can post thier LO's for help.

Thanks,
Annna

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to fashionmommie

The Marrakech Collection by Basic Grey is colorful and interesting, reminds me a bit of an Indian flair.

The one thing that really comes to mind though is the India Journey collection by Dove of the East. Very ethnic and they have coordinating embellishments with the papers. The stamp set is GORGEOUS and the ribbons are too.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Here Kitty on 12-20-09 03:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CJSBABYCAKES
Veteran
CJSBABYCAKES
In response to Here Kitty

dcwv taj mahal would work well

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to CJSBABYCAKES

• CJSBABYCAKES Said:
dcwv taj mahal would work well

Exactly what I was thinking!

As a sidenote, there's a member named Bren (scrapwriter), who travels to India often. You might be able to do a serach and come across both her, her pages, tales & or stories! Hope That Helps!

p.s. Eitherway, I would do a Gallery search using keyword 'India'.

fashionmommie
Tenant
fashionmommie
In response to KellyCali

Thanks for all the suggestions. I actually do have the basic grey collection. I am just not sure how to put it together to not look too cheesy.Oh well, I guess it's a start and we will have to see how it turns out. Thanks for all the help.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I second the Taj Mahal suggestion. Not sure if it has a line of matching embellies, but it might. The Que Sera line also has lots of stuff that would go with an India theme (lots of fancy exotic embellies), although I'm not familiar with the paper itself. It's not really India-themed, but I have a few packages of the embellies and they definately have an exotic feel to them. I love the BG suggestion too, but if I had taken a trip to India (which I'd LOVE to do someday!) I'd take advantage of the chance to do a completely blinged-out, over the top (by North American standards) album with lots of golds, and bright gem tones, and I think the Taj Mahal stack is what I would choose. Although, your pictures are probably really colourful, so the other option would be to go more subdued and allow the pics to speak for themselves. I'd love to see whatever you come up with!

Edited by mercytiara on 12-21-09 05:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to mercytiara

Here's a layout I found searching for "Buddhism" in the gallery. It doesn't allow public embedding but here's the link:
Buddhism

This 2-pager doesn't have an asian theme, but it shows how brightly coloured photos (I'm assuming your photos are colourful) can look great all together on one page:
Colourful photos(R)
colourful photos (r)

Here's one I found from searching "Hindu":
hindu themed layout

Searching the gallery for "bollywood" gives you a handful more.

I'd also try searching words like "Ganesha", henna, and you can probably think of even more, having just been there recently!

HTH, and Have fun!

Edited by mercytiara on 12-21-09 05:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to mercytiara

We have some very good friends that are Indian, and while she doesn't scrap, she does make cards and they are LOADED with gems and flowers. You'd think that with all the glitz they would be gaudy, but they really look nice and just right coming from her. So I would use a lot of that.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Legomom

I would be sure to include a Taj Mahal in a layout. I would do this by making one out of cardstock, mounting this to my base paper, and then building a simple layout on top.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Bil recently married an indian woman and everyone wore traditional dress for the ceremony. I'm sorry I can't post those lo's, but I found some gorgeous indian-themed single papers at AC's that I used, and as someone stated, went pretty overboard with the gems and gold embellies. I think it went really well with the theme, good luck with these lo's they'll turn out gorgeous!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to RockStar

Deja Views has a line called Global Views. They are muted colored papers that would look beautiful. I do believe my Michaels still sells the pack (30 double sided papers).

scrappinmylife
Expert
scrappinmylife
In response to 950nancy

I can't wait to see what you scrapbook.

pharmgirl
Guru
pharmgirl
In response to scrappinmylife

google Mou Saha - she is an amazing scrapper from India (i believe). I'm not sure what you can find from her online, but she is all over the mags, especially Creative Keepsakes. You'll probably be able to find her newest stuff there. She's done some layouts of India and a lot of her layouts in general have that feel.

Ooo! I just found her current blog:
Mou's Blog

Edited by pharmgirl on 12-22-09 06:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

fashionmommie
Tenant
fashionmommie
In response to pharmgirl

Thanks for all the suggestions! I checked this morning after not being online for the last couple of days and I appreciate all the responses!
Anna

Tenant

When I don't know where to begin, I start by making a "kit" out of what I do have. Since you have the Basic Grey collection, start there. I have those pages too and love them. Even the elements on the pages could be cut out and made into stickers. Add colored card stock and embellies that all color coordinate. Once your "kit" is together, it may begin to pull together and give you the inspiration you are looking for. Plus, it's fun to shop.

arti
arti 
New Kid On the Block
arti
  • arti on 06-21-11 11:30 AM

Hi Anna what kind of help u want . i am from india .

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to arti

Where in India were you? We were in Mumbai, Goa and Cochin.

I wanted my pages to feature the stories and the journaling. I have maps I printed with arrows where we were and for every site we saw I wrote an explanation. When I took a photo of Ghandi I wrote about who he was and even the Dhobi Ghats - lots of pictures and an explanation.

My pages aren't in the gallery anymore because I purge out my old stuff and just leave one or two pages from each place.

I used solid cardstock - orange is in the flag of India so I did all 25 pages on orange cardstock. It is very clean and simple if that appeals to you.

If you want to see them, please pm me and I'll send them to you if you send your email address.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

my first thought was GOLD! and you can go nuts with really rich reds and blues.
If you ever needed an excuse to go bling crazy this would be it!

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Try a line called Dove of the East. I think you'll find it so exactly what you want. It is gorgeous and exotic. They don't carry it here on sb.com but try googling it.

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to ASiverson

they have their own dotcom. It's their name, Doveoftheeast and then .com.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics