Username Post: Two holidays.No pics.One page        (Topic#1523225)
pink.camo
Tenant
pink.camo

Please let me pick your brain for some ideas...as the title says Two holidays.No pics.One page.
My boyfriend and I had a great time on July 4th and Memorial Day- however there are no pics to prove it I want to create a layout- obviously in red, white and blue with journaling to remember these days...but I am clueless on how. Please help

I did a gallery search on layouts w/o pics--- and came up with nothing.

TIA
Kristin

Edited by pink.camo on 12-20-09 07:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to pink.camo

You could do a journaling block in place of a photo - write or type a summary of those holidays, and use that as the main focus of your page. You could do some creative journaling like maybe writing in a circle. Maybe you could also include a calendar page with those dates circled or somehow emphasized. You could also include a photo of you and your bf - doesn't have to be from those dates specifically!

Edited by Castle Scrapper on 12-20-09 07:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to Castle Scrapper

• Castle Scrapper Said:
You could do a journaling block in place of a photo - write or type a summary of those holidays, and use that as the main focus of your page. You could do some creative journaling like maybe writing in a circle. Maybe you could also include a calendar page with those dates circled or somehow emphasized. You could also include a photo of you and your bf - doesn't have to be from those dates specifically!

This is a brilliant idea for that one.

pink.camo
Tenant
pink.camo
In response to carlobee

Thats a great idea... love the calendar date idea! I think I'll call it "Stars and Stripes"!!
THANKS!

lifeinthefastlane
Diva
lifeinthefastlane
In response to pink.camo

• pink.camo Said:
Please let me pick your brain for some ideas...as the title says Two holidays.No pics.One page.
My boyfriend and I had a great time on July 4th and Memorial Day- however there are no pics to prove it I want to create a layout- obviously in red, white and blue with journaling to remember these days...but I am clueless on how. Please help

I did a gallery search on layouts w/o pics--- and came up with nothing.

TIA
Kristin

Really, you came up with nothing? I have done several, and I mark mine with no photo

Its simple to do, and no reason why you cant. Just start writing, and embellish. I need to do this years LO for Thanksgiving- same thing- no pics- but my 1 yr old locked us out and the fire dept had to come out and break into our house and let us in. Definately needs to be scrapped

pink.camo
Tenant
pink.camo
In response to lifeinthefastlane

• Quote:
Really, you came up with nothing? I have done several, and I mark mine with no photo

It is possible that I did not conduct my "search" correctly, lol. OMG~ Yeah, that's def something to scrap about!

klawsonrn
Guru
klawsonrn
In response to pink.camo

I do lots of quotes or poems on pages when I scrap and want to portray a feeling I had during a special day or time.

HTH

Kim

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to klawsonrn

I made a no-photo LO once. I tried to recreate the scenery with paper piecing.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to MommaSaid

you just gave me a great idea. christmas two years ago, the intro page for that year can be no photo because our daughter and her cousin flooded the bathroom causing damage like you wouldn't believe and our older niece started a food fight with her great grandma!

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to pink.camo

I love these little calendars - this is what I had in mind for your page. I like your title!

Expert
In response to Castle Scrapper

Love the calendar idea too--I came really close to this a couple of years ago, I did not take a single picture during a Thanksgiving weekend (and we have 3 family T-day events we go to over 3-4 days!) I didn't want to completely ignore the holiday so I used the one picture I happened to take of DS the day we left for the weekend--he was sitting in a recliner watching tv while I packed; and he was wearing his snow boots with his pajamas because it snowed that morning...barely an inch, but he was ready to play! I just wrote about what we did over the weekend in the journaling (and how I was so surprised that I didn't take any pictures!)

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to pink.camo

Since this is a one page layout I would put the word CELEBRATE across the middle of the page to separate the 2 holidays.

I did a layout similar to this and used a recipe on the page then scrapped around it.

pink.camo
Tenant
pink.camo
In response to wilbur

Thanks for all the ideas!! I like the idea of "seperating" the days too! Finally, I have some inspirations! THANKS!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics