Username Post: Scrapbook store in Eugene Oregon!        (Topic#1523785)
Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

Hey everybody! I am in desperate need of finding a new LSS. My Absolute FAVORITE STORE IN THE WORLD! just closed their doors on December 26th. so I need a new one. Does anybody have any recommendations?

melilou
Guru
melilou
In response to Fortunes Fool

I'm looking too. I'm willing to travel an hour in any direction for a great store. The one's left in Salem are ummm... less than exciting. We're going to miss our store!

Any ideas? In Eugene, Portland, or anywhere else nearby?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to melilou

There are still several in Portland (as far as I know).

A Joy Forever - in Milwaukie and Gresham

Don't really know of any further south.
I have a friend who runs a store in Medford (can't remember the name of it now).

There's a stamp store in Milwaukie:
Stamp A Dee DO Da
14621 SE Mcloughlin Blvd
Milwaukie, OR 97267

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

I just found a website that listed several in Salem, Keizer, and Silverton. Not sure if they are still in business--I'm just taking them from another site.

Inspired by Sam, Silverton
Scrap America, Keizer
Scrap Happens, Salem
The Scrap Barn, and the Scrap Yard, Albany
Scrapbook Fever, Salem

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I just found a website that listed several in Salem, Keizer, and Silverton. Not sure if they are still in business--I'm just taking them from another site.

Inspired by Sam, Silverton
Scrap America, Keizer
Scrap Happens, Salem
The Scrap Barn, and the Scrap Yard, Albany
Scrapbook Fever, Salem

The only one of these that is still open is Scrap Happens. I have really liked that store and would prefer to take my business elsewhere.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I guess it's a sign of the times/economy. So many small stores closing.

Personally, I am close to A Joy Forever, but rarely go there, unless I'm looking for something the "big box" stores don't sell. I find the LSS to be too expensive.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Bxr-Linda

I don't like going to box stores. Their stock doesn't change very often. The Paper my michales has is either not my style or is 1.5 yo. I Like A joy forever and don't really find the prices all that different on the things I'm looking for.

Hve you been to any of the others in Portland?

New Kid On the Block

There is a brand new Scrapbooking store in Eugene on west 11th. It's called Not Your Mama's Scrapbook. Yea! I'm excited!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to dannyismybaby

New Years I saw my friend from Medford who ran a store. It has closed.

I haven't really been to other LSS in Portland.
I've been to one in The Dalles (I think it's the Picture Patch).

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to Bxr-Linda

I will miss Scrapbook Fever
I wasn't able to go to it much since it was so far away, but I loved it! There is one in McMinville, it is nice, but also so far away.
I might have to check out the new one in Eugene, but that is still a drive too.

MiriamK
Diva
MiriamK
In response to grammykimmy

Their is one in Florence, Or..

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to MiriamK

• MiriamK Said:
Their is one in Florence, Or..

Yup, been there, but it's a little far to drive from Salem. I go when I'm visiting the coast in that area though.

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy

I live in Lebanon and there really is nothing close by around here either. Have you tried the one in McMinnville? I think it is called Srap-a-latte. It is a scrapbook store and has a coffee stand inside too.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

• grammykimmy Said:
I live in Lebanon and there really is nothing close by around here either. Have you tried the one in McMinnville? I think it is called Srap-a-latte. It is a scrapbook store and has a coffee stand inside too.

I haven't tried that one yet. I'll put it on my list though!

New Kid On the Block
In response to dannyismybaby

I made my first contribution to "Not your Mama's Scrapbook Store" located at 3025 West 11th Ave.

I found the store to be very friendly and filled with a quality selection of Supplies, Beautiful papers and Embellishments! I am looking forward to their future additions!

This store has great potential and I will be supporting them regularly! Current January deals on paper buy 2 sheets get one sheet (of lessor value) free and they are having a drawing of a Cricut Expressions machine this weekend...get your name in for that! I too will sorely miss Scrapbook Fever, that said lets support these brave folks making an effort to enrich our scrapbook hobby.

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to luv2bscrapn

Just found out that Scrap-a-latte in McMinville is closing also! Ugghh!

jakee 
New Kid On the Block
  • jakee on 03-06-11 01:14 PM

It's been a while since you posed the question of LSS in Eugene area. The store on W 11th has come and gone, but WS (Willamette Stationers-across from Electric Station) continues with great classes for card makers, scrapbookers, and other crafters. Their knowledge and service are over the top and their inventory contains current, classic, popular, and unique products. Don't be fooled by looks, it's a diamond LSS. Parking in back of store. Only downside is they are closed on weekends.

There is also Karen and Friends Creations in Springfield. A different personality than WS, lots of card making and special techniques. A lot of punch art. She does a lot of catalogue orders for customers.

A few miles south is Paige's In Time, Main Street, Cottage Grove. A third personality and high energy creation station. All sorts of papercrafting ideas and supplies, cricut and silhouette, monthly crops and crop-a-thons. fun.

jakee 
New Kid On the Block
  • jakee on 03-06-11 01:18 PM
In response to melilou

Have you checked out Scrap Happens since they re-opened in their new location?

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to jakee

Where is Scrap Happens located?

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie

Scrap Happens is on Lancaster by the IHOP. Great new location.

New Kid On the Block

Have checked out Running With Scissors in Independence, Oregon. I found them on FB thought I would check it out, I was so suprised to find the cutest store ever. Everyone that was cropping was having a great time. The selection in fantastic and they have all kinds of stuff going on as far as classes and events. What I loved most other than the friendly service and atmosphere was the table space. I couldn't believe it, a whole dinner sized table per person. I live in Eugene, so I can't go every week-end but can't wait to get my friends together to go.

New Kid On the Block

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to let you know that myself and my best friend have opened a new scrapbook store in Eugene!

We had been going to classes and crops in the area for a long time, and our favorite shops closed - so we decided to open our own.

We have LOTS of classes on scrapbooking, cardmaking, fiber arts, mixed media, crops, and whatever we get interested in next - which is a lot!

We have open studio tables and tools available all the time, a kids playroom, and tons of fabulous supplies.

I hope you will come check us out. We'd love to chat and see your latest projects!

Come Play with Us!

Sandra

The Artist's Palette Studio
1710 Oak St.
Eugene, OR 97401
541-686-3395
www.EugeneStudio.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArtistsPaletteStudio

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics