Page 1 of 82 
Username Post: ~~SCRAP HAPPENZZ Critique Group~~ - vers 2010-11!        (Topic#1524233)
blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

This is the NEW home, starting 2010, of the The Original Scrap Happenzz Critique Group, established in Nov. '06! I'm Sharon, Coordinator. We provide each other with INSPIRATION & SUPPORT, scrap-related or otherwise! Our group is constantly evolving & rejuvenating. Here's mo':

We are:
- a tightly-knit bunch of dynamic, artistic souls who like to chat, create and help each other become the best scrappers/crafters we can be. We are scrafters of varying abilities & styles, & are appreciative & respectful of each others’ creative differences!
- a group of no more than 15 very non-traditional peeps. Sometimes our brand of twisted humor & progressive viewpoints have been known to rub the easily offended &/or very conservative population the wrong way.
- a friendly, nice and supportive group nonetheless!
- NOT just a mutual admiration society! We give honest, constructive feedback - compliments AND suggestions, where we think applicable!

SHCG Terms:
*Submit 2 contributions per month to the Scrap Happenzz Layouts Critique Thread for critique. Contributions may be in the form of los, sketches, photos, cards, and various "scrafty" projects. Note: 2-page LOs are usually counted as 1 submission unless otherwise indicated.

*Honestly and thoughtfully critique all contributions within 10 days from the post date, and precede critiques with "SHCG" (e.g., "SHCG- This page rocks, but it would be more hardcore with stilettos for embellishments.").

*Check-in and chat with this main thread at least once a week. The better we know each other & the closer we feel w/ one another, the more comfortable & appreciative we are to receive/give critiques.

The SHCG Flexible Plan:
We are very understanding of life's priorities, but membership does take a little time commitment!
*If a member knows she will not be able to meet the contribution minimum, she can indicate this in the main thread, and will be excused of her obligations for the month.

*Our group purpose is provide thoughtful critiques to each other’s work; compliments addressing specific details also count as critiques. Ideally, we aim to post feedback within 10 days (though we understand that real life takes precedence & sometimes may affect 100% fulfillment of this guideline).

*Individuals have the option to notify members they haven't received critiques from them after 10 days should they wish to seek more feedback.

SHCG Perks:
*We have our own BLOG where we keep track of everything!
*We host Challenges, rotated among members. We post them on the BLOG & as of 12/08, in the space below . They are very fun, inspirational & OPTIONAL.
*We tRAK group participation towards our 3 guidelines (monthly submissions, weekly check-ins, timely critiques) & award a RAK to the most participatory member every 4 months.
*We give and get birthday gifties from our Wish Lists (optional swap).
*We learn more about each other through our optional QueZZtion of the Moments, posted in our blog/thread (memberZZ answer as blog comments, pledgeZZ answer in the thread).
*We may hold contests when we feel like it.
*We do all sorts of other fun stuff that members may suggest - swaps, gift exchanges, etc!
*We collaborate on how to keep this group running efficiently.

Current Active Members:
1. blushpea = Sharon (Group Coordinator 10/07-12/11 / Biweekly Challenge Coordinator/TRAKker/Bloga holic)
2. twinscrapbee = Brenda (Birthday Badazz, Spelling B & Swift Arse Kicker)
3. Gelidy Gelato = Lisa
4. *jesse* = Jesse
5. .MaRLeNe. = Marlene (TRAKker)
6. Chell Rae = Michelle
7. Scrappinmomto2girls = Margaret
8. CMLeach = Chris (Group Coordinator starting 1/2012)
9. Amms_c = Ammara

PledgeZZ:
Pledges will be moved to CAM status after three months of proven commitment as outlined above.
-no pledgezz at this time--

If you have been removed from the Current Active Members or Pledgezz List, it is due to lack of participation. Please PM me if you wish to re-join.

Past Members in Good Standing:
These ladiezz were major contributors who still come by to say hello. We look forward to their visits.
denitza = Denitza (Charter Member)
WendyGirl = Wendy
Scrapping Diva = Tay
lifeinthefastlane = Amanda
janet28rn = Janet
Cajaya = Mel
whenscraphappenzz = Tiffany
cmeinstlouis = Christy
Scrappin Kitty = Amanda
X3jessicalouise = Jess (Charter Member)
miss becky = Becky
Wacky Watson = Sarah
Kaleidoscope = Kayla, aka K, Group Leader 6/07- 10/07
Scrapbooks by Moi = Moi (Charter Member)
Ironscrapper = Katie
nannieannie = Annie
Jenfitz = Jen
Sosumi San = Angela
princessrk = Robyn, Group Leader 11/07-6/07
(Note: exclusion of past members doesn't necessarily mean they're in "bad standing;" it just means they no longer stop by. Or, maybe they are in bad standing! Heh.).

Founder
She gave us life!
princessrk = Robyn, Group Leader 11/06 - 6/07

Current Monthly Challenge:
MC #1 for 2012 - New Year, New Technique (posted by Michelle)

Scrap a LO using a NEW technique (one that you have never done or one that you have been dying to try out), or a NEW style (for you, scraplifting is a great option here), this can include using some NEW "tool" to create a LO.

I hope this expands our horizons on what NEW LO's we can create with our wonderful minds.

Upcoming Monthly Challenge Schedule:
01/01/12 - Michelle

Edited by blushpea on 01-09-12 03:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva
In response to blushpea

I'm here!!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to blushpea

Happy 2010, y'all! Hope everyone had a marvelous New Yrs Eve & that you like the roomy new thread.

Okay, perhaps I will send PMs to those who mentioned the Youtube videos - I don't want those links out in cyberspace Gen Pop!

Tay
- T'anks for your catchup BWC feedback, sounds like it'd be a good idea to incorporate 'em in 2010! Your mentioning goals (not resolutions) for 2010 inspired me re: possible ?OM to PM to Brenda...

Denitza - Oh great, now you're joining the video games enabling too, LOL. Quiet NYE at home sounds lovely & enjoyable for you all!

Amanda - Got it re: your thread woes, hope this new thread remedies things! Am in awe that your other group's thread is 1,000 pages long & trouble-free, that's great. I often do what Wendy does, & read the thread whether or not I see a new post indicator, but again, hope your thread-probs are now a thing of the past, fingers crossed!

Wendy - Mmm, grilled chicken wings for NYE sound yummy! Enjoy the new computer.

Brian
- A 10 yr spread sounds like a nice idea, I'm sure you'll rock it!

Michelle
- Thank you too for catchup BWC feedback, we'll start in 2010. I too had a quiet NYE planned, LOL, I sometimes call it "amateur night" as well!

Bren - Your NYE sounds super! As does your thoughtful mini book gift, I'm sure it was a terrific! Thoughtful too.

Howdy Marlene!

So NYE Greg & I had a very tasty dinner at a bar/restaurant across the street... then we returned at around 11:40PM for the countdown! Didn't see us staying there for like 5 hours. In the time in between, we watched "Milk" - an AMAZING movie. When we went back for the countdown, I was exhausted 3 sips into my glass o' wine, I think it was because I had a tall mojito w/ dinner earlier - thank goodness the journey home took only 30 secs, LOL. Who's the amateur now?? Hahaaha! Greg didn't even bring his coat w/ him for the walk there (it was snowing). Short as our countdown stay was, it was fun to hang out amidst a few neighbors at a fave place & support local business.

Yesterday, I was all gung-ho to respond to Michelle's excellent BWC, BUT our printer or our printer ink, isn't producing prints that do the pics justice. So I'm gonna have to order prints - disappointing 'cause I really wanted to scrap my response! BUT I did a lot of splanning for it at least. AND I mostly finished my Valentines ATCs (& they don't have to be Valentines themed so I put a lil twist in mine, heh), so that's cool. Also watched a couple of movies - classic "On the Waterfront", which was fantastic. It really stood the test of time (save overdramatic music typical of the day) - Brando was poignant & great in the starring role). And don't laugh, half-watched "First Blood"! Yeah, the 1st Rambo movie, hahaha...Greg was amazed that I had never seen it. I enjoyed it! Gotta love the 80s flashback w/ yes, a tie-in to Vietnam vets' plights in the midst of all the fantastical stuff. Plus it was the 1st movie so it hadn't gotten TOO ridiculous (a la Rocky 20 or sumpin!).

Today, gotta do house stuff & whatnot, since I was so gloriously lounge-y yesterday.

ENJOY your weekends, SHCG!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva
In response to blushpea

Sharon york photo is having a 4 cent print sale which is what I am working on now.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Scrapping Diva

Sharon, don't know if this will work for you, but how about going ahead and working on your lo without the photos? I found while working at a LSS crop that I actually work faster when I don't have the photos. Just wanted to share my little thought because I know it can be frustrating to want to work on something when you can't.

Had a great time NYE scrapping with my friend; got some pages done for this year's Christmas album. For the evening, bf invited his family over for a game night, was fun but weird. We were playing the game of Things when his brother and his wife started bickering which made it uncomfortable for the rest of us. They've only been married since September but fight all the time so it wasn't totally unexpected. They wound up leaving early but the rest of us made it to midnight. I did wind up making queso dip and it was a big hit! NYE is the one day of the year I don't want to go to the bar... too many people.

Been on a serious cleaning kick since then.

Michelle, glad you liked your stuff! When I saw there were football items on your wish list, I knew I HAD to get them.

Back to cleaning for me. I really need one of those organizational gurus to come to my house and help me pare down my junk. I have a horrible time getting rid of anything (I'll blame it on the fact that I grew up with my grandparents who keep EVERYTHING that might possibly have a use again someday) but at the same time I can't stand cutter.

lifeinthefastlane
Diva
lifeinthefastlane
In response to blushpea

I made it over, and deleted the old thread from my fav's

Happy 2010 all

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to lifeinthefastlane

Made it over here....

Sharon -- Check your PMs in a day or two.

Dad's here right now so want to spend time with him. It's been good.

Happy New Year to you all!

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.
In response to CMLeach

I'm here!!! Hope everyone's having a nice weekend

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Im here!!!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to .MaRLeNe.

And the new year begins on the new thread. It is a good start to the year....I found this thread (yeah, I know, click the link and I am here)

Off to spend some time with my cousin and his friend that came up for the final Seahawk home game against the Titans.

Have a great one!

Michelle

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva
In response to Chell Rae

Good morning!

I begin the last day of my vacation today but I am actually more than ready to go back to work. I feel refresh, revitalized and my brain at full capacity LOL...

Yesterday I ordered 125 pictures which puts me in a great scrappy position already

Chris~ Enjoy your Dad time.

Marlene~ How is it going in FarmVILLE?

Right now I am playing Cafe World. I am afraid to play more than one game at a time because they are so addictive. At one point I was playing about 4 LOL...

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Scrapping Diva

new thread I just caught up on the old one

unfortunately I am feeling under the weather again. The flu I had keeps popping up every few days with either a stuffy nose or a cough or a sore throat. I wish it would just die once and for all.

I broke down and bought a new computer. My "frankenstein" computer was just acting up too many times. It's no fun trying to figure out it's daily issues. (is bad enough that I have to figure out Brad's daily issues). I should have my new computer in the next few days. Photoshop watch out cause after spending the last few days scrapping with traditional matters I can't wait to get back to digi.

and you want to hear something that is just disgusting? This will be the 9th computer in our house! Brad and I decided once & for all we are cleaning up the older computers and donating them. 4 to 5 are diffinately saying bye-bye

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Evening ladies!!

Getting ready to start supper wanted to pop in for a mintue or 2 LOL

Have had a wonderful day! Took the girls this morning t obreakfast just me and them (mama daughter day out) and then to spend their Christmas cash, but man wsa it freezing out there! Literally! It was 22 degrees...froze my arse off but I amde it and we had fun
Now I a min search for earmuffs, we are suppose to stay cold like this for 2 weeks or longer and the girls hood won't stay on their head sooo I have got to find something that will keep their head warm.

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

Hello, new thread! Lisa, I hope you feel better soon.

I've posted our new ?OM of the decade. Please note, I've changed the label from ?OM to 2Q10. D'ya think it's catchy?

Here is the new 2Q10 (drumroll please)...

2Q10: New Year, New Decade, New Mindset

Being the first quezztion of the decade, it's only appropriate that it comes to you from our very own HBIC (Head Blushpea In Charge). Betta recognize! (On that note, credit for the post heading goes to my high school senior cousin's Facebook status update.)

I know that it's a bit predictable to ask about New Year's resolutions, but it can be cool and helpful for people to actually write them out, like a personal mission statement for the year. Inspired by Tay's recent mention of goals, what are your resolutions for 2010, if any?

If your resolutions are similar to goals you've had in the past, what have you learned about them and are you changing anything about how you approach them?

What about scrap-related resolutions/goals?

If you do not set resolutions/goals for the New Year, discuss why that is and explain when you DO set goals for yourself.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to twinscrapbee

Tay - Thanks for the York Photo heads up, & kudos for your own big pic order! Great that you are so ready to return to work; me, I can always use more days off but I am more revitalized than I would be if I didn't have a 3.5 day weekend so it's all gooood...

Jesse - OMG, you are absolutely right, of course I could've scrapped without photos! I've done that before, why didn't I think of that myself?? THANK YOU for reminding me, that might be next weekend's project! Meanwhile, we played the Game of Things on Xmas day, it was HILARIOUS. Sorry your game got a little tense but it sounds like you kept playing despite that. Marvelous re: staying inside AND making the queso dip - how much cheese did you end up using? Yum.

Amanda - Your BOM challenge sounds spectacular! Still thinkin' bout whether or not I can join, though....

Chris - Have fun w/ your Dad! See below...

Lisa
- Feel better soonest. And good luck w/ the new computer & w/ purging the old ones!

Margaret - Your Mom-breakfast w/ the girls sounds like a wonderful spot of warmth on an otherwise cold day!

Brenda - Thanks so much for posting the 2?10 (w/ the snazzy new name too)! Everybody, don't forget, if you're a CAM, then your answers are posted as comments in the blog (pledge Tay posts answers here. Amanda too, unless she waits until after 1/7...).

Howdy Marlene & Michelle!

Well, SHCG, I have some unfortunate news. Chris is leaving the group. She's been considering it for a while - I told her she could still stay without giving the 110% percent she normally does - but now she's finally reach the point where it was just too much for her to keep up. I made sure she knew what a valued member she was & that we would LOVE to hear from her occasionally. She said perhaps once things settled post-baby, she could come back. So Chris - we'll miss you! Stay in touch. It's been an honor to have you here. Best of luck w/ your pregnancy, can't wait to get updates!

In my world - restful & productive weekend. It was way cold, luckily I didn't have to leave the house for anything! Thinking positively re: work - Thursday ended intensely - I won't go into it but even though I did my best in the situation, I am still holding on to the guilt, dadgumit. Oh well!

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to blushpea

Happy New Year to all!

Chris, I'll miss you! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy and birth and the new little one once he comes into this world! Please, stop by from time to time for updates! Hugs to you!

Bren, that is a cool 2Q10! This year I hope I can stick to my goals!:) The more Sookie books I read, the more I like Eric and less Bill. And Sam is a fave of mine too! I just finished # 7.

Lisa, feel better soon! Congrats on the new computer! 9 computers in the house-wow, that's a lot!

Margaret, so cool about the mom daughter day out! Stay warm!

Tay, 125 pics- that is a lot of scrapping!

Michelle, you should read the books! I'm planing to see "True Blood" soon and hope it's good as the books are. I think Viggo is the best Aragorn!

Hey Amanda, Brian, Jesse, Marlene, Wendy!

Back to normal here-kids at school, dh at work, and I have my usual Monday stuff to do.

Have a great day all!

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to denitza

Chris, NOOOOO! I was worried when I saw that post about pming Sharon. Well, I look forward to your return, then.

Oh, Sharon, I know you won't go into it, but wish I could give more support than a Without knowing what's up, I can say that you have always been very sensitive to others' needs, but as wonderful as that is, that same sensitivity can cause you to feel more guilt than you should probably lay on yourself. Thinking positively for you, whatever it is.

MyN, credit for the 2Q10 goes to Sharon. You're killing me, first Eric, now Sam, above Bill?! I'm making it a routine to sleep with Sookie every night, but I have to admit that I'm only on chapter 3... of book 1. I know, I know. I figured out last night, I think I've been reading the same chapters over and over again. Since I've seen the episodes, I don't trust myself that I've actually read those parts. I finally put a bookmark in to hold my place... but I feel like I've read chapter 3, too.

Jesse, your suggestion of scrapping before pics gave me an idea for two projects I'm working on for other peeps, but maaaan, I'm having the worst time of it. Gonna stick to it, though. When I'm done, I'll definitely post.

Cannot believe I was able to get up as early as I did this morning.

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to twinscrapbee

What happen to me! I totally forgot to mention the HBIC!

Sharon, I hope work is fine and your fine with it! So good you had great weekend! And sorry,I got the 2Q10 thing wrong-all Hail to the most awesome HBIC!

Bren, would you say the show sticks to the book? So far.. Well, there are some other once that come before Bill, but since you are on the FIRST book still, I will not mention names.

Marlene, how is Sookie in your house doing?

Tay, how about you and Sookie? Did you read the short stories?

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to denitza

Dee - You sent me searching for "HBIC," I thought that was a Sookie term for a sec. LOL! You & Brenda are making me blush!

Brenda - Thanks for the work-related hug, I think all's well. The asst to the attorney I was working w/ last week even said they have a theory about his work - the seemingly easiest projects for him are the most insane ones; the longer-looking ones end up being more simple. Whew! Good luck w/ your scraft projects, you can do it!

QueZZtion - Does anyone know if I can order prints somewhere where you can get 2 different photos on a 4x6? Without having to print 'em myself? I know Snapfish/Shutterfly do wallet sizes (which would also work size-wise) but they give 4 of the same shot. This is for Brenda's BWC. Thought I'd ask 'round, thanks!

Also, Wendy will be posting the new BWC, she's just a little blog-delayed... She sent it to me so I can post for her but not until I'm home, so I guess whoever gets to the blog first'll do it!

AND check this out - changes to gallery features, pretty cool. http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/4/tid...

WendyGirl
Pro
WendyGirl
In response to blushpea

Hello all and welcome to 2010. I found my way here, but I have a quick question. Does anyone know how I add this stream to my favorite forum topics? I know I have done this before, but I cannot seem to find it. Thanks!

Page 1 of 82 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics