Username Post: How do I work with glitter?        (Topic#1524269)
Charlena
Idol
Charlena

O.k I should ask How do I adhere it to the page and kep it from coming off. I would love to use it. But not sure what to do with it. Any advise would be apprecaited.

jeni0071
Pro
jeni0071
In response to Charlena

I HIGHLY recommend STICKLES! It's glitter glue that is very easy to use and no mess! It adds so much to your layouts, cards or paper crafts!
I listed a few of my favorite colors below!

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to jeni0071

I had the same problem...I love glitter but it gets all over the page...Try Stickles...I'm addicted!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to jenyjen3

I also recommend Stickles!!! They are great.

But if you have glitter and want to use it up, Stampin' Up! and Stampendous make a product that is amazing for glitter. I don't know what Stampendous calls it but Stampin' Up! calls it Heat and Stick powder. You use it like embossing to heat up the powder and it is wonderful from what I hear.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to fknapoleon

I love stickles as well mainly because I have control over it.

However, I just did the technique of stamping and then putting glitter on it and shaking it off. I was surprised as to how well it worked.

If you have xyron machine you can make glitter paper.

Did you see the martha stewart video on this site for using glitter? It has some nice ideas.

Hoe that helps.

Resident
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
I love stickles as well mainly because I have control over it.

However, I just did the technique of stamping and then putting glitter on it and shaking it off. I was surprised as to how well it worked.

If you have xyron machine you can make glitter paper.

Did you see the martha stewart video on this site for using glitter? It has some nice ideas.

Hoe that helps.

Cool! Is there a video on how to make the glitter paper?

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to DolphinGirl09

The video is more focus on Martha's glitter but it does show the stamping and glittering technique.

Let's see if I remember this right...to make glitter paper run your paper through the xyron with the permanent adhesive cart. installed.
On the sticky side sprinkle your glitter, it stays pretty well. then run it through with the adhesive/laminated cartridge. (Only one side laminated) This will keep the glitter in place. You can then use punches or if you don't take the paper off the adhesive side you can put it through a die cutting machine.

Resident
In response to jaxxan

Cool! I will definitely need to try that!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DolphinGirl09

What I do with glitter is I mostly use it for titles, lettering, and small embellies here and there. For titles and lettering, I will run the letters through the Xyron backwards, so the adhesive is on the FRONT. Sprinkle with glitter, shake off the excess. Then I seal it with decoupage. (Mod Podge works extremely well, but I have Martha Stewart Decoupage.) It may take a few hours for the decoupage to dry. For any other glitter work, I tend to use Stickles.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics